My Whereabouts

Discussion in 'Site News' started by OrdosAlpha, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

OK, as you're all most probably aware, I've not been around these parts or the community as a whole since January/February. Well, the reason for that is I started a part-time evening course at university. The course it self is Cisco Certfied Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) & Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST). Mainly doing the course to get a taster of what to expect in the Cisco Certfied Network Administrator (CCNA) course, the Microsoft side comes part and parcel, so I may as well do it. Course was supposed to end on 10th April, but it was extended to the 5th May, as several people on the course were having problems with the Cisco stuff, and the course may be extended another week. Haven't even started the Microsoft side, apparently that will be done in the final 3-4 weeks. Cisco side is to be completed by the 10th April. I'm pretty much ready to do the final assessment now, and the CCENT exam.

My free time became rather precious the moment I signed up to do the course, I'm spending what freetime I have with friends and family or doing some light gaming. I'm not fucking around on the net or visiting my usual online haunts. Shit, I've got several games on my to play list at the moment, that I've hardly touched since they arrived in the mail: BioHazard 5, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (ultimate my arse, a waste of a BD, and to make matters worse no Sonic & Knuckles lock-on support. Oh, and all the ROMs are the North American ones, so Streets of Rage 2 has been censored graphically - Mr. X no longer smokes a fat Cuban when you meet him at the end of Round 8 (this was removed in the PAL version also) and you can no longer see Blaze's underwear during her jumping animation (this was present in the PAL version) and Killzone 2, only installed them (if required) and played them for 30 or so minutes.

My mobile bill got more expensive when I started the course also, mainly because I'm now subscibing to Vodafone's broadband package. So, I can read the course material online on the way to and from the uni, and to keep in contact with some of the guys doing the course. Hence my constant busy/offline status in MSN - I'm otherwise engaged with more pressing issues, namely Cisco shit.

So, there you have it - an explanantion on my current status and a mini-rant about a video game. Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Glad to know you're still alive! Good luck on the Cisco Exam, sounds like a good qualification to have.

3. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Wow, I thought your post counter will always be 384! :p Glad to see ya again. :p

4. voice

voice Well-Known Member Member

CCNA is so friggen overrated, I should know, I went through it, good luck though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.