General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitaxas

Hitaxas Retro 80's themed Paladins Twich streamer Member

It wouldn't be too bad it the "Green Hill" was lined up with the rest and it was centered more. The red is a bit bright, maybe a darker shade or a dark blue would look better. It's a nice job anyways.

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Like said, if text was on one line, and the banner slightly thinner, I'd like it.

3. Armada

Armada DID SOMEONE SAY WEEABOO? Member

That's what we call a title card SOTI. :p

Meh, it's different. I'd like it more if you used the pattern, but used it vertically. :p

4. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Ok, this is something I have to bring up now, coz something has come up which has actually pissed me off quite badly. As most people know, one thing I hate more than anything is people taking credit for someone else's work.

Victor T, you claim to have made that desert zone yourself. I was browsing around SFGHQ today for the first time in ages, just to see if they had bothered updating at all. Imagine my surprise when I came across that exact zone, apparantly originally submitted in 2003. The background you used in the Labyrinth edit was also from the good future version of the Underground Base Zone which was included in a Multimedia Fusion pack. These zones were put together by Blue Frenzy. I have read that this section of background is from Wacky Workbench, so I'm willing to disregard that, but the desert zone is exactly the same, all the way down to the foreground poles, which are not from any other Sonic game to my knowledge.

Now at first, I thought you and Blue Frenzy may have been the same person so I did a little digging. You mentioned in one of your posts that you are Brazilian. Now, on the SFGHQ forums, Blue Frenzy says in his profile that he is from Spain. Taking credit for other peoples work is severely frowned upon here, and unless you can come up with a decent explanation, action will be taken as decided by input from the staff.

Failure to reply to this topic will result in a PM containing this information being sent. Failure to reply to that will result in action being taken anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  5. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

Actually, the foreground tiles remind me of Collision Chaos, rotated 90 degrees IIRC. But still.. :x

6. StephenUK

Maybe so, but the pole in the foreground is definately original, and the putting together of the graphics into a decent looking zone is somebody's elses work, and should not be ignored as the creator of the setup. I actually asked by PM if I had permission to use that zone in something I was working on, but he said no because he was using it. Given that he wasn't in a position to give permission anyway, and since it is freely available on SFGHQ and has been for many years, that suggests to me that he intended to take credit for the mockup and eventual zone, even though he had nothing to do with the design at all.

I had some problems with some of my stuff being stolen many years ago by a certain thieving celebrity in this community who doesn't need any introductions, so I hate it when people try to pull off the same kind of thing. Creators deserve credit, however small their input might be.

7. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

Wanna link to this? I would like to compare it for myself..

Edit: found it..

While it does look similar, it is entirly possible that it's just a coincidance....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007
  8. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

Oh dear. Unless Victor T and Zenor are the same person, it doesn't look good. :x (You may need to register at sfghq to see the image, it's an attachment.)

9. StephenUK

Although I can't find any certain evidence, Zenor's english does seem to be quite a bit better over the posts of his I read than some of Victor's that I read over. Like I said though, a decent explanation and credit being given if required would be enough. I would think it to be coincidence if those foreground poles weren't the same. What are the odds of 2 different people producing the same style of foreground pole? It just doesn't seem to add up as coincidence.

10. VictorT

VictorT Well-Known Member Member

I AM zenor.

And i said i used one of blue frenzy libs, but it was just the background.

But, if you don't believe me, i can change my signature saying "I'm Victor T", right now.

The background is one of quackshot backgrounds.

the foreground is by myself, with some of Blue Frenzy's lib references, like the colors.

The rest, The catus, the decorations, are by myself, too.

EDIT: edited my signature at SFGHQ.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2007
  11. StephenUK

That's all that was required, some acknowledgement that it was based off someone elses work. The way you put it across made it seem as if it was 100% your work, which is wrong. Anybodys work, used as reference or in full, should be credited accordingly to recognise the effort that person has put in to create that work. This time I'll forget it and let it go, but in future, any work that is not 100% your own needs to be clarified.

12. GrandMasterGalvatron

GrandMasterGalvatron Let's get Legendary Member

Hmm..yess...updates have been a bit slow thanks to this new job o mine. Mostly music oriented, but I do have a few screens to show. Especially since the last screens shown seem to be from many many many builds ago.

[​IMG]

New credit font of awesomeness. Changes color according to character. Apparently there are two separate entries for "D" in this font. Since I made one a "V" I can use my "Galvatron" name if I want.

[​IMG]

Because "Chaos Emeralds" was just lame. Changes according to character (music does too)

[​IMG]

Oh snap, Sapphire Storm got yet ANOTHER makeover. This time a whole new palette. Also fixed tile art (and killed collision while I was at it apparently X_X) Also, revamped Silver sprite.

[​IMG]

Is dat sum Sonic CD Spin Dash? Hell no, that Spin Dash blows (in controls anyway) This one's actually based off the Rivals games. Oh and jump auras. Sonia's is pink.

EDIT: Oh..and this is the first time you guys have seen this HUD too.

13. puto

puto Well-Known Member Member

14. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Awesomeness.

15. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Was that post neccessary?

16. Sephiroth

Sephiroth WHY SO CURIOUS?!? Member

I have to say, Pu7o, that that is the best options menu music I have heard in a long time.

17. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance Well-Known Member Member

Well, he was only voicing his opinion. {cue the trolling topics!} But yeah, I don't really like the "Meet the Flintstones" song being a title screen song, as funny as it is. Luckily, the game has its options. Looks and sounds very nice.

18. puto

I didn't choose that song, the Nekomix soundtrack is a complete copy of the soundtrack from nineko's hack. The songs were improved to the best of my ability, but they're still the same songs.

19. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance Well-Known Member Member

Hence why I stated "Luckily, the game has its options." ^_^ Nevertheless, each song is unique in its own way. Where could I find a copy of nineko's hack, or has it not been released yet?

20. puto

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.