General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Well its a shame your not liking the foreground because I'm quite proud of what I did. And its also a shame I can't keep all of this.(Art problems) But anyways thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Oh, no no, I didn't say I didn't like them, they are very well designed and the use of colours are blended nicely, I'm just saying that it looks abit odd, that's all, please, take no notice of my "Opinion", I mean after all the design isn't exactly terrible or anything.

3. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon is back Member

The bricks are basic. Plus, some of them are over the grass, which doesn't look good.

4. Animemaster

Well sorry I'm keeping them, like it or lump it. But I may change the palette of them a bit.

Edit: I'll fix the grass issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  5. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

[​IMG]

lalala~

6. Animemaster

Hm... I like the look of the backround but that foreground.... I dunno...

7. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

At first glance, I thought those clouds in the background were sand dunes. I'd suggest adjusting the light source of those bricks so that they match the grass (brighter on top). And try adding some shadows underneath the grass so it "pops" out a little more. Great effort nonetheless. =)

Those foreground blocks look a little bright in my opinion, try darkening them a bit. As far as the background goes, I think spreading the stars out more in the sky would look much better, along with the addition of some smaller stars in there.

8. Oerg866

Oerg866 Well-Known Member Member

[​IMG]

I thought the Sonic 1 credits sucked. So I made a whole custom sequence. With custom music. With all these nifty gadgets etc...

9. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

The 1 is more looking than an I instead of the number. Except for that, awsum stuffz! Oh, you should add something Sonic releated there (a head or anything like this).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
  10. Ollie

Ollie Well-Known Member Member

Just a quick snap of the first "Plinko" Special Stage in my hack using Puto's Special Stage Editor.

[​IMG]

All of them would be using this style just the end results change in each stage with a few obstacle changes too.

11. Oerg866

That's actually a pretty nice idea.

Btw, by any chance, do you keep them like this and have them not rotate? Because that would be uber-awesome and unique.

12. Ollie

Yeah, it's static. :)

13. Selbi

Hey, I had that idea too! D: Nice Special stage layouts though. :)

Just a question: Did Puto made this program public or how did you got it? If I remember correctly it was a private tool.

14. Ollie

He linked it on Sonic Retro before the second attack but the forum was rolled back so his post was lost. I asked SonicVaan for it earlier on to see if he still had it, since Puto posted it in his topic, so I'm guessing it's public now. :S

15. Selbi

I've been working on a non-rotating special stage as well for a while. However, unlike other people I didn't knew about Puto's tool, so the only thing I've been using was a hex editor (too bad most people don't believe me anyway). However, here it is:

[​IMG]

This special stage is even too big to be shown on a 1920x1200 monitor, so I had to do painfully work in Paint to put them all together and resize the image (took like 15 minutes for everything). The randomly put question marks are actually 1-Blocks (but Puto was too lazy to do images for them too :)).

As I already said, I've done this in pure hex and I started with it... dunno... like Febuary? I don't really remember, but I know I got many feedback of my friends, claming it's one of the hardest special stages they've ever played. The reason is probably that there are millions of Goal blocks.

And just for the lulz, I can't expand it to the lower anymore, because I've been used ALL rows which are aviable. :)

Note: This thing is STILL WIP. I'm going to make another picture when it's finally done.

16. SonicVaan

SonicVaan I'm a cyberpunk with a taste for guns Member

I'm sorry if it's not supposed to be public. I would stop releasing it, then. :)

17. Qjimbo

Qjimbo Well-Known Member Member

Selbi: Thats a cruel layout, even without rotation :)

18. Oerg866

Ollie: I want your babies. That is the fucking best concept ever and that special stage just fits it so well. Will you send this in the hacking contest?

19. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Oh shit, I need to make a sequel of Penis Special Stage. :)

20. Ollie

Never thought about doing that actually, I guess I might as well even if it isn't ready yet. Though I'll submit it right at the last day/minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.