General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

I would like to watch a video of this.

@Deoxys, nice layout and I can't believe someone got to port the diagonal springs. Also the ending made me lol.

And about disabling sound and stuff, its useful if the music sucks at the moment.

2. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

Whoa animemaster, that's now a cool boss to go =).

@Hanoch, TheGuy321 and theocas: Thanks so much for the feedback!

3. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

I will proberly make some more movesets for metal sonic before showing a video. I'd also like to fix up some other stuff so I can start to present my hack more and then release it.

4. DeoxysKyogre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CigCF-DDppk

"Fear Egg Chain II!!!"

Another movie clip... This shows Green Hill Zone Act 3's works. Also, Green Hill 2's also done, but showed later. Enjoy! Green Hill act 1 is also retouched to quit the linear-ish stuff, also there will be a few ideas, and i won't let you know, because it will be a surprise. Ho, ho, ho! Anyways... I still have to fix that E, though, but i know how.

5. Animemaster

I lol'd at this.. now sonic can never escape! mu ha ha ha!. Looking at it, do you have a problem damaging eggman? it looks sligtly delayed which I had a simular problem but never knew how to fix.

6. DeoxysKyogre

Actually i edited it, that's it. Lol

7. JustANewbie

JustANewbie Well-Known Member Member

Here is one my screenshot... It's from one my hach which has got only one custom level... and it's lame... no spindash... no music changes... just a pallete swap and a minor layout hack

/monthly_09_2010/post-1244-1284230713_thumb.png

Attached Files:

8. DeoxysKyogre

You got a typo there.

Well, It's only Green Hill, with the palette of marble? It will give you palette problems for example, it makes the background colors very odd as a selection... I suggest you making a palette by yourself. You can do this with applications like XenoWhirl's SonMapED or Stealth's SonED2, or a few more. For the layouts, you must make them flow correctly and adding objects. Note: Don't put objects in air (I mean, ground objects, like the purple rocks, collapsing platforms and such) like i did in the past. If you do it well, you'll get into a great hacker soon. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
  9. Animemaster

Don't put yourself down, if you have the right motivation you can do better :) .

10. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

Oh damn, 3 chains? o_O I love the layout too. As for your hack JustANewbie like everyone else stated edit the palette, and you do have great potential with your hack. It takes time, effort, and skill to make a great hack. :)

11. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Dude, just have fun with your hack - make it the best you can. I wish you luck. :)

12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

You heard them all well.

There's a difference between; trying to make the best rom modification ever, and, enjoying the experience of it, I suggest you just enjoy what you're doing =)

Of course, we will criticise your work if you post it, that's because this is a forum where we give our honest opinions, so don't be suprised if you recieve a post you do not like.

13. JustANewbie

Thanks. That wasn't just a palette hack, i changed some layout as well... I am currently working on second level in SonED, but it won't save... Can someone help me?

14. theocas

theocas #! Member

Did you go to File -> Save Project, and then built the ROM?

15. JustANewbie

I didn't worked in SonED 2, I work in SonED v0.50b. It hasn't got projects. I always go to File -> Write data -> File -> All. Then I go to File -> Save -> ROM. Then I write a name for it and open it in Kega Fusion 3.64. It reads just first level, but in won't read the second level. I'm frustrated.

16. Animemaster

Download sonic 1 diasmembly and use sonED2 its much better and more convienent.

17. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

I think the same thing happened to me. O~o. Also check out the Media links at the homepage. There are tutorials there. The first one - "The Sonic 1 Split Dissasembly Setup" tutorial, should teach you how to setup the Sonic 1 Rom with the actual level editor. Happy hacking!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  18. Animemaster

[​IMG]

An idea I had for my sonic 1 cd edition hack, since ppz has an upwards 2d to 3d chunk, I thought why not a side ways chunk?.

Though of course this is only a mock, I'm gonna need to sit down with a nice cup of tea for a while to figure how to do this =P, but I got a rough idea. If I achieve this myself I will be so happy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  19. theocas

theocas #! Member

Ah, that sounds like a nice idea! Basically those S-Tubes, but while looking on top of Sonic?

20. Animemaster

Like this in sonic CD but side ways.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.