Did I just screw something up???

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by beanDude, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beanDude

beanDude Well-Known Member Member

To make a long and boring story short, I was messing with SonEd 2's "Solid Selector" tool when I accidentally saved my work... with some altered Solids...

...I find it hard to locate which Solid(s) need fixing... should I worry about fixing this, or is this only relevant if I'm creating new Blocks/Chunks?

2. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

If you just want to backup the original Solid stuff, simply copy the folder collide from a clean split to your hacking one.

3. iojnekns

iojnekns OBAMA '012!!!!1!!!!!&#33 Member

Oh for an undo button!

Yeah, Selbi's pretty much bang on - I don't know which game you're hacking but if you replace the collision data with unaltered collision data from a fresh disassembly, that should sort it. In truth though, there are a hell of a lot of solids that turn up once or twice in the game that you might not notice - if you're creating custom levels theres a good chance you'll overwrite the solids with your own, anyway.

The only problem is, if you're talking about solids which you've altered after starting your own custom zone, complete with new solidity - but I think you'd have made that clear in your OP.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
  4. beanDude

beanDude Well-Known Member Member

Thanks, Selbi,

I was basically looking for a way to revert back to the original Solid data...

...I'll try using the folder from a clean split...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.