sonic xero v2.0b

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by -, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

as you saw the fisrt release of my on going hack, a second releaese is currently in the works and will be out in the public when i am finished with it. in this second release, there are new zone art to green hill zone at the moment

[​IMG]

along with some asm edits

[​IMG]

waterskimming

[​IMG]

super peel-out

so on that note...

DOWNLOAD COMING SOON

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. MegaGWolf

MegaGWolf Unofficial Official Hack Showcaser Member

On that note, Download coming now please? :(

Haha but seriously, looking forward to trying it out!

3. MrSpade

MrSpade It's meant to be Mr_Spad3 but y'know... Member

Why did you make a second topic for this?

It's simple enough to bump your old topic and say it's second release there.

4. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

This. At the moment it's just things you've either done as guides, or is common in hacks. I wanna see what you can do yourself, if you know what I mean. But at least you are not giving up, and is still working on it.

5. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Ok, I finally bothered myself to actually play this thing. And I can tell you something: WHAT THE FUCK!?

I always thought that Sonic 255 was the only hack of that kind, but I was wrong. Besides the total obvious fact that there's at least 90% not made by you, you also stole various level layouts from Sonic 1 Harder Levels. Best thing to check that would be GHZ2, which seems to be slightly modified at the beginning to make it look different, but it couldn't fool me. Anything else is the same. And it's not just that level.

Just what the hell? Seriously.

6. MrSpade

MrSpade It's meant to be Mr_Spad3 but y'know... Member

No, Just no.

My one and ONLY hate about new hacks is when people steal things from other people's hacks and claim it as their OWN.

Why?

(I am saying this since I haven't actually played this until today).

7. c1owd

c1owd Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member

Well Selbi, you never know... He might be in the same position that you were in when you made Sonic the Hedgehog 255... He probably doesn't know that taking data from other hacks is "bad". As for the Sonic 1 Harder Levels... True... His Star Light and other levels are almost exactly the same as S1HL... But if I remember correctly... At one point Eduardo Knuckles released his source of S1HL because he canceled his hack a while ago... So he might have gotten the source from Eduardo Knuckles... But I find that highly unlikely... Since Eduardo Knuckles never mentioned this guy's name when I was talking with him a while back... But I could be wrong. =)

And besides, even if he did give you the source... You should change the layouts anyway... Since he is working on S1HL again... That would be weird if both of you had the same level layouts. :)'

Thats nice. =P

Now, As for the game itself... The music ports are good... Too good... If their even yours I mean. =P

Anyway, back to the music... Most of your music selections are terrible... For example, Hydrocity music in Star Light? And the S-Box... The Sonic 3's Special Stage song?! really?! :p'

And what's up with the Sonic 3 sprites...? Aren't those the same one Selbi used in his Sonic 255 hack? Those sprites look so fucking retarded... (No offense to the original creator of the sprites) Next time, you should port the ORIGINAL Sonic 3 sprites from the ROM itself.

As for the level art... There's nothing really different about it... For example GHZ, All you did was remove some mountains in the background... I think you can do a bit more better than that...

All in all, your hack needs a lot more improvement... And if you have taken stuff from other hacks without permission... I strongly suggest that you take them all out... Unless you want to be "exiled" as they would say in SSRG. =P It's up to you really... But anyway, I hope I can see something new and cool in this hack later on! :)

8. Animemaster

I can see alot of problems with this, if it has things just being used by others and suggested stolen stuff isn't good. Of course I'm not saying you stoll anything, but the fact that people are saying because of the evidence shown in your hack means its likely. As said by carrasco, if you have things used like the layouts in harder levels, then change them. It would be fair on the creator afterall. And as said before, I want to see what 'you' can do, and not just copy/paste and not learning anything in the process. On that note, the music ports are good... did you port them yourself? if you did then good for you, you have acheived something yourself. But if you haven't then, oh dear.... but hey at least I hope you take our comments into consideration and change/improve your work. As for the art, nothing much different as said above. You need to put a bit more effort into it, than just moving chunks ramdomly. I would normally help people with art if they wanted it, but you haven't given me a decent reason to help you. Most people who I offer to do art to, have done alot of work them self and achieved thngs themself in hacking. But at the moment you don't seem to have achieved much 'yourself' at this point in time. So if you prove yourself, you will get help.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
  9. Irixion

Irixion Well-Known Member Member

Since this guy is new I'll cut him some slack.

Protip: Don't steal shit. Or you'll get banned like hell.

I suggest to take down the download link, and start over.

The entire point of hacks is to show off your creativity! There's no point if you steal content. If you need help ask for it. Don't be a douche about it, ask as many questions as you want. If you don't understand something, say what you don't get.

I was like you at one point (Except i didn't steal content) but seriously.

(Also, isn't this like the 6th time someone stole from S1HL)

Edit:

Since I'm generous I'll give you some tips:

Try working with one zone at a time, one Act at a time.

Do one thing at a time. Levels, then ASM, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
  10. Tweaker

Tweaker OI! MIRON! Member

Man, I'm so behind that I haven't even jumped on the bandwagon of calling this guy a thieving piece of shit! I need to get with the times.

11. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

For fuck sake is it hard to do this or that? Last time I heard, this isn't the SMW hacking scene with its patches for everything.

12. RatedRStarr

RatedRStarr Rated R Superstar Member

Why can't anyone have a sentence in here without cursing. Give the guy some slack, at least he did something.

13. c1owd

Exactly, also if you ever need music without stealing it (If you did). =P

Just ask me... But first... Learn how to "really" hack...

Well as I said before... Eduardo Knuckles gave out his source when he canceled his hack a while ago... This guy probably got it from him...

Bandwagon? I didn't see anyone call him a thieving piece of shit... Besides you... lol

14. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Haha, this is funny. Very funny... This is the 7th time i seen people stealing contents from my hack. How many times more i will see something like this? I'm tired of tell "HEY, DUDES... STOP STEALING DATA FROM OTHER PEOPLE, PLEASE!!! THIS IS A TOTAL LOSS OF CRATIVITY!!! DO THE STUFF BY YOURSELF, USE YOUR MIND TO DO THE THINGS!". But, no... I'm MORE THAN 10 YEARS making a work for the people to appreciate, for come someone and use my data without my authorization. Oh, shit. For my luck I have lots of friends here that likes the work I did WITHOUT STOLE THE DATA EVERYONE ELSE.

When it happened for that first times i closed the beta prototypes from Sonic Harder for the public restricting them something for my team. What more I need to do? I'm really tired of these thieves. If you want to use my content, it costs nothing to just ask me.

Well, I don't believe that in full 2010 I keep seeing this kind of thing. :p

15. c1owd

Yea, I knew that I never remembered you telling me about this guy... Anyway, crapymix294... I would take out all the "stolen" content if I were you... Again, unless you want to get "exiled" from here =P

And after that I'm pretty sure you won't have any other place to show off your hack. (besides YouTube)

Because, I'm pretty sure Tweaker and the other Admins won't let you join the Sonic Retro Message Board now...

I suggest you reply soon too... To explain yourself before you get banned for good...

16. vladikcomper

vladikcomper Well-Known Member Member

I think he's just using Sonic 3 Sound Driver. If it's so, he didn't even have to port music.

17. Animemaster

Yeah I suppose but then he had sonic 3d music aswell.

18. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Hmpf... I'll just leave a question here. That will wait for Crapymix to reply me...

Hey Crapymix... Where in the world you found the Sonic 1 Harder Levels v1.0 source code?

19. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

As I already told you, he probably used v0.0.3, put it into a disassembly, splitted it and copied the stuff to his hack. Since the data isn't shifted (because it's a hex edit), that is quite easy to do.

20. Guest

Im so sorry :( , but I couldn't really think of any other level layouts that I could use. but im going to change all of that now by making level layouts on my own for once. Eduardo knuckles again, I am sorry for that.

oh and by the way, about the source code, i use the second version of S1HL. for my advice so no one won't ever do the same thing that i did, Eduardo knuckles, as well as for everyone else that have there own hacks, should remove any of there old hacks on other sites that you my have posted them that can be disassembled by others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.