How to convert my hack to a Sega CD Game?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by FireRat, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

I need to convert my hack to a SegaCD game, and use the MP3 files but do not know how.

What happens is that i cannot compose music in SMPS format.

Please!

Note: This post may contain BAD GRAMMAR

2. Reverie

Reverie Good sir, I do read that as "Derp" Member

Well I recently planned to try converting my hack to SCD, but trust me it's hard as hell, I gave up quickly... anyway, you may not have a problem with SMPS music actually, you may just have a lack of SMPS voices, or you may have a XM with more than 9 channels . SMPS is actually easier than converting a hack to the Sega/Mega CD if you're wondering about DAC (Drums) the samples for default S1 are listed here. For reading/converting midis and ITs into XMs you need OpenMPT (google it) but as for voices, I really don't know of any links to those. But you can usually find midis to convert into xms here. If you're unsure about something, just ask. As long as it's not too obvious, we'll usually try to help you out

(FYI : People tend to look down upon "emotional" posts, emotional writing is for books not forums =P)

Also... don't do this again... =/ If you really want to use someone else's music (at least a member on here), you need to ASK them. It's called manners, and "keeping it clean." Plus even if you didn't think you were stealing, others viewed it diffrently, and most of the time they'll view it differently...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2010
  3. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Thanks!. Now not need to convert to SegaCD

And

Sorry XD

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
  4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I er.. oh um..

You have to seriously know what you're doing to get your hack playable on the Sega/Mega CD. I recommend that unless you know how games work on the Sega/Mega CD, you should stay with the Genesis/Megadrive and try to learn the SMPS format or any other formats you may have a chance of using.

I recommend doing what I did, follow the Sonic 1 locations guide on SonicRetro, search for the GHZ SMPS offset, and just tamper with it on the rom (It's funny what results you'll get =P).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.