General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I do appreciate your flattery, I really do, and while I sort of deserve that sarcasm as a response after my intimidation, I'd like to point out that when you mention anything related to "Personal Messaging" publically, it becomes a bit awkward, it's almost like saying "Hey everyone! I'm sending a written letter to my grandma about her cancer that she wanted to be private!", it ruins the idea of it being a personal letter.

The idea of saying something like "I've sent you a PM" in a public area seems a bit pointless too, considering that the message is directed at me, and that by viewing my inbox I'll find that information out anyway, why would the world need to know? I can see that you are a bit intimidated by my response, and I apologise for this as I can be a bit narky when it comes to responding to something that I feel is a tad bit idiotic from my own point of view. To rectify this, I'll rephrase:

Please keep PM's (Personal Messages) private between you and the one you sent it to, otherwise the ones you sent it to will become a bit uncomfortable with those actions.

2. wonderfulwardy

wonderfulwardy Active Member Exiled

I understand Markey and I was stupid but sometimes (nothing to do with this topic) a PM may need to be shared as you will soon find out. :)

3. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

You have no idea about the fable of it. This surely gained the topic, mate. Simply FAN-TAS-TIC and greatly innovative!!!!

4. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Oh god! I think I just had an orgasm! This is amazing!

I sir, tip my hat off to you. You have therefore won 1,000,000 Internets.

Markey The Jester FTW!

P.S: All you need for this to be the best damn game ever is a Tim Follin composed soundtrack.

(And maybe the programmers of Pier Solar. :()

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  5. wonderfulwardy

wonderfulwardy Active Member Exiled

lol, he'll need it. :(

So how much are internets worth again? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
  6. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

No way, MJ doesn't need them, he's a damn good programmer! xP Definitely a yes Markey, I can't wait to see more updates. ;)

7. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

I programmed a anti-cheat protection, in just 15 minutes...

[​IMG]

The code is complete, but the image is still a WIP, I think

This image works for the PAR and Game Genie codes, and the levelselect and debug mode key cheats are changed by a secret one.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  8. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r HighKnights Member

Wow, you must've had a good theory on how it works before you started programming it. Fancy giving us any insight on how you did it? (I'm not asking for code, i'm just purely curious how it works) =P

9. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Changing the RAM addresses of the level select i'd suppose

10. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Yes, Dandaman.

I changed the RAM adresses for the Game mode array, level select, debug mode and other stuff.

And, I added a check in the main loops, if there s data in the original RAMs. If yes, the game will go to this screen

Its simple...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  11. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Wow, that's... Impressive!

Also, is it me, or did your spelling punctuation increase overnight? That's kinda cool.

Anyways great job programming!

12. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Except a simple edit to the rom where that check is can remove your cheat prevention =P

In any case though, it's nice to see experiments with cheat preventions such as this.

13. vladikcomper

vladikcomper Well-Known Member Member

I've had some progress on my hack, Sonic Quick Winter Adventures 2, and due to I'm often asked about how SQWA2's going, I've recorded a small video featuring MZ 1 and GHZ 2 game play.

I haven't changed much since the previous video, levels are still almost original.

Hack now features some new songs done by Jet for me, because my ports were really awful.

In the end of GHZ 2 you'll see a new Eggman boss. I found original GHZ Boss boring and easy to beat, so I programmed more complicated and smart boss, having several kinds of attacks. Hope you like it ^^

Well, enjoy:

14. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

That new Eggman boss is making me jealous. Seriously.

But otherwise, good to see that this things is still being worked on, especially because of the new music. =)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2011
  15. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

u stold codes from teh megamix !givbe me nowss!! *runs*

While I couldn't help but notice it might have been insprited by what megamix have done in their comeback videos, I still like the unique touches and experiments you've tried here, some of them look and feel smoothly and professionally done (except that short delay when you defeated him, I'm not sure if that was intentional, but it did seem odd =P), the pause menu is nicely done too! Well polished.

16. vladikcomper

vladikcomper Well-Known Member Member

Yes, I was thinking of that Sonic Megamix's boss when creating my own. But it was also inspired by your GHZ Boss form BroTro, Markey. I really had no ideas about what he would do with that damn ball, so ideas I used there look similar to those shown in both Megamix and Brother Trouble.

As for the delay after the last hit, it's intentional of course. In fact, he's flashing during this time (yep, inspired by Sonic Advance series =P ), this looks good in game, but can't be seen on the video.

17. LGBTEcks2

LGBTEcks2 Newcomer Exiled

Do you have disabled the save state hacking?

18. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

yet again after spending my time using sonED2 and a bit of an inspiration from sonic CRAZED, here is a little something I want to show everyone:

like? don't like?

19. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

@Xero - Cool layout stuff. Haha, now I know the songs problem. I forgot to fix this song for you, so I'll do it as soon as possible, I'm sorry. ^^'

I like the level's graphical stuff. You reduced the contrast from this zone and this is cool, but this time the contrast is between the foreground and the background. This is the only point you can look for fix. The after-boss level music is wrong, it needs to restore to the original level's music. Very cool, but this is still in need of a bit more of improvements. This is much better than the last pictures you posted, obviously.

Edit: - Removing awful stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
  20. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Really Like, but what's with the floating monitors?

And the title music sounds quite bad. =|

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.