What do we need to do?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by Selbi, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

The only "necesary" thing to be done on the forums is to get rid of that background colour for the Showroom. I mean, making a link on the forums along with some information is fine, but the colour is like "Hey look at me, not anything else!", especially one the Wacky Workbench one.

I mean, I would remove that myself, but I have no knowledge about IPB (meaning I don't know in which folder/file the skins are on FTP), nor have access to the Admin CP.

2. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Happy now?

3. superdanattack

superdanattack Newcomer Member

We could finish "updating" hacktube or just trash it, seeing it was closed for about a year now without any work that I'm aware of.

4. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

It's trashed. The header just needs to be updated.

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

It's been several times now that we've said it's been trashed, yet one or two just don't seem to have spotted exactly what's happening with hacktube...

Let's make it clear...

HACKTUBE IS GONE AND WILL NOT BE COMING BACK.

6. MicroChirp

MicroChirp Wow, I was so stupid a few years ago... Member

It seems like Showroom is some kind of Hacktube. (Maybe)

7. MrSpade

MrSpade It's meant to be Mr_Spad3 but y'know... Member

Nope.

Hacktube was an online emulator, the showroom is a place where hacks are shown off.

8. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Next person, other than staff, that mentions, references, or alludes to Hacktube is gonna get a suspension. That clear?

9. watsonman

watsonman Newcomer In Limbo

Honestly, I think the SSRG should have its own Wiki, like SonicRetro. Then there would actually be more desire for members to come here, like they do at Retro because they have a Wiki. Seriously, would a Wiki be too much trouble? I can help you put things in it. I know a hell of a lot about that blue celebrity and his pals, and I could suggest some hacking techniques. For example, I know how to make a lamppost save rings in Sonic 1, if anyone wants to know.

10. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

You do realize the problem here is that Sonic Retro already has a well-established wiki within the Sonic community and to create a (duplicate, really) wiki will provide nothing new to the table that would garner people's interest in visiting this site. Not to mention that creating such a vast wiki (that could top Retro's) would take a lot of time and effort into making. It's not worth the endeavor.

11. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Why couldn't you have fucking made a new thread about this instead of bumping some old one from October 2010?

Please, try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.