General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazefirelp

Blazefirelp Spiritualistic Spriter....Wait what? Member

[​IMG]

As I did to the back part. I think it could use a bit more depth as it looks confusing to my eyes when looking at this:

[​IMG]

The rest of it I think looks pretty nice, very ICE'y feeling to it. I also like the stone parts. But yeah, try to differ the randomness of the cloudes, I can tell you simply copy and pasted a simple image to make them longer, something like this could work though:

[​IMG]

Just some suggestions.

Edit: Is Sonic's eye supposed to be RED tinted? If not, you should use dark grey, that sometimes works for eye smoothness.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
  2. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Instant turn off.

Seriously, why anyone even likes it in the smallest margin is beyond me.

3. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

The speed of the background movement based on the camera. If you wouldn't change the speed at all, it would move at the exact same rate as the foreground. It's usually getting divided by 2 (which is indicated by the -1 in this picture).

4. Selbi

While I'm not a fan of MLP in any way either, that was just uncalled for.

On topic, as I said, not a big fan of it, but otherwise very nice done! To be honest, I've never seen such clean walking animations in any MD Sonic related game.

5. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

I'm not the first person to do something like that, unless they explicitly say they got the idea from WindowsZone. In fact, I got the idea for WindowsZone from a program that had sheep running around your desktop.

6. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

I'm not sure if someone suggested before, but this tool will support importing of custom background art? It is, because in case I make a custom background for make a deformation properly according the horizon from the art I did.

7. Selbi

When you start up the program, you will be asked to import a screenshot of at least 224 pixels height. So yes, you can. After all, that's the entire idea of this program, creating custom deformation for custom art, as you already have deformation for the normal backgrounds.

8. Hitaxas

Hitaxas Retro 80's themed Paladins Twich streamer Member

Copy/paste/merge from Sonic Retro

After a year and almost another half of doing jack-shit, I have started working on SSD more seriously.

I was thinking to myself "what haven't I seen in a hack that I think would be pretty neat?"

This is the answer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basically, you will be able to choose from 3 different objects that can pop out from enemies, including an option to not load anything.

The options are: Flower (SCD-like) , Ring (Sonic Advance 3-like), Animal (classic game-like), None.

The flowers object I have made will load different art depending on the level, I have chosen to work with this one for TTZ:

[​IMG]

The top right is the original from Sonic CD, with the colors changed to fit the levels original palette.

The top left and bottom left are slight edits.

What I want to know what is better, top left or bottom left? Or should I make a routine that spawns a random one?

9. Blazefirelp

Loving the triple fireball enemy right there haha. The flower sprite is nice, i like the one on the sheet below very nice though. Especially the bottom left blue one.

I'm asuming you don't want critique on the rest of it say the BG and the Tiles? Well, if you do, I think the tiles look okay, but they need shadowing, and the Background looks awesome. Especially the small water distortion.

Ps: LOVE THAT TREE XD.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
  10. MicroChirp

MicroChirp Wow, I was so stupid a few years ago... Member

That's a really nice idea, the SCD flower thing, nice to see you're still working on the Sonic Super Deformed.

11. EMK-20218

Yeah, SSD is still alive. And well. You're true, Hitax.. I've never seen the flower stuff in a hack before. This hack is really getting marvelous, I just hope you to remove/change the level select as a feature from this menu in the next public release. This hack is definitely fantastic and dispense comments.

12. Blazefirelp

@hitaxas: Did you do that Sonic sprite?

@eduardoknuckles: Sorry to hear about Sonic1: HL :C. Maybe the restart could be for the better? In terms of improvements and you can apply more experience too it. I liked the old one though, so I can't wait to see what you do with the new one.

@everyone: Also, I restarted mine too, due to bugs and to many complaints about presentation.

13. Hitaxas

Hitaxas Retro 80's themed Paladins Twich streamer Member

I did indeed make that Sonic sprite, the sheet is far from finished though.

14. M3k

M3k h4x Member

Sure looks amazing.

Although I think that bottom left one looks better, a routine that spawns a random one sounds like an great idea.

EDIT:Engrish.

15. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Awesome work! Always wanted the badnik to turn into a ring like SA3 in my hack.

EDIT: Spellings.

16. EMK-20218

Yes. We will apply more knowledge for the hack next time. And of course, it includes removal of useless stuff and adition of things that will be more awesome than before.

They look very nice, though.

Yeah, this is true. It could be added some random stuff instead of "none". This would sounds interesting. Saving flickies, saving the nature and getting rings at the same time. ;)

Edit: Forgot to say important things.

17. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

No! You... beat... me... to it!!. Nah ha ha, it looks really great man, i'm so glad your still working on this and I look forward to future progress =).

18. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Cinossu actually beat the pair of you to it years ago, but it's still a nice addition.

19. Blazefirelp

20. Striker

Striker IT Geek Member

Not sure if your inferring I'm a fan, which by any means I am not. I just though it to be a little comical.

Back on topic, I also think the animation is wonderful. Like I said before it's a nice change of pace for an enemy, looks harmless at first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.