Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest 2011

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Spanner, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMasterGalvatron

GrandMasterGalvatron Let's get Legendary Member

That's our Ordos! XD

EDIT: Oh snap, I got another emerald :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
  2. TheGuy2

TheGuy2 Newcomer Trialist

Good to have Ordos back.

BTW, GrandMasterGalvatron, I think your hack's gonna win. Just a hunch. =P

I would've submitted, but I lost my password for my primary account. I'm currently trying to get it back.

That and DeoxysKyogre is working on my hack. =\ He should send it back to me soon.

3. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Yeah, it's why I'm waiting that long for include my hack on this contest without any hurry. I don't want my hack between the worst ones. Instead of this I'll compete for have my game between the best ones, so Sonic Harder Levels can wait yet a lot more. At least until the hack being finished. :)

4. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

A reminder that the update deadline is 9PM ET tonight. After that, judging will commence for an undetermined period of time. Then, a date for the Contest Week will be set (where you can download the public entries and vote on the submissions) with the full results at the end.

Due to the "reduced" workload this year everything might be quicker than expected, but nothing can be promised.

EDIT: Deadline expired. Do not submit any further builds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
  5. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

At the weekend I worked on a new website for the Hacking Contest. It'll be fully revealed soon. Hopefully some people might find this resource to be useful in a way.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  6. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest Week 2011

Now it's your turn to get involved.

One thing about the Hacking Contest is that the submissions are only looked at by our own Judging Team. This year, it's a lot different. For the first time, we're going to give you the opportunity to play these hacks, and cast nominations for a Community Trophy - an extra award voted by yourself!

How it works is very simple. We're teaming up with SAGE 2011 to bring you this week. From September 18 to September 24, get involved in our Contest Week. This is the current schedule, things may change but we'll let you know.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 18 UNTIL FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 23: CONTEST SHOWROOM AND VOTING CHAMBER

During this period of time, you'll be able to download this year's public submissions. Partial-private entries will have screenshots and videos available, but the actual entry build will not be available to the public. Once you have checked out the entries, head on over to the Voting Chamber where you can cast your vote for your preferred hack to win a Community Trophy.

This year's Community Trophies are:

To make things fair, only Public entries will be available to vote, as it would be pointless to vote for a partial-private entry when you have not experienced the game yourself.

DATE TBD - LIVE VIDEO PLAYTHROUGH

Grab some popcorn as we go through all of this year's public entries, with live commentary. It doesn't matter what has been submitted, it will be played! Partial-private entries can choose to have their hack to be played or available YouTube videos to be streamed instead or nothing at all! An email will be going out soon about this.

SATURDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER - LIVE RESULTS SHOW

The finale of the week is the heavily-anticipated results show. Join us as we announce and discuss this year's winning entries. For those who can't be with us, the show will be recorded, and forum threads (along with the Sonic Retro wiki article) will be updated soon after the show is over. Either way, don't miss it!

HOW TO GET INVOLVED

All the hacks will be available to be accessed using the SSRG Forums. In order to vote, you will need an account. If you're reading this right now, why not save the time by registering right now! Live broadcasts will be done using the SAGE channels that will be available during the week.

That's all for now. More information will be announced when it's available. For now, prepare yourself for the Contest Week by watching this promotional video created by SAGE staffer Blyde:.

<object width="560" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhDBhBFfBns?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhDBhBFfBns?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
  7. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

Woah, hold on a second. I don't remember signing up for this. I gave links to a few videos of my S3K hack on Youtube to be shown publically, not for a video playthrough of the hack to be shown to the public. If that's the case, please switch my hack's status to private as It's not ready to be shown to the public like that just yet.

8. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

No, I made a mistake on my end. Only public entries will be played, unless people don't mind. I'll email people over their preferences. In any case, YouTube videos being played would also be acceptable.

9. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

A slight change regarding next week - all entries and voting will be made through the Hacking Contest website and not through the SSRG Forums, so no registration will be required.

10. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

It's time.

Check out all of this year's entries, download the public submissions, and vote for the Community Trophies. There will also be a live streaming session and a results show, more information can be accessed on the website as information is likely to be added soon.

Have fun!

11. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Are you gonna do a WHY? Trophy?

12. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Heads up for everyone, the Results Show will be at 5PM EST (10PM GMT) on SAGEcast. The show will be recorded for those who miss it, and a forum thread will be made announcing this year's results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.