Changing camera angle

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by FireRat, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

Hi

How I can change the camera angle, in the "resize" subroutines?

In vertical and horizontal position, if is possible

2. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

What do you mean? Using 3/4th vertical display rather than 4/3rd horizontal display?

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I think he means to literally turn the camera angle at certain degrees (Inb4 inspired by Sonic 4).

You could alter the horizontal and vertical scroll data in the sliced section, this won't turn the camera angle at all, but it'll give the illusion that the level/screen is turning, though it's advised not to move them too far or it'll be obvious that it's the scroll data.

You could alter the art tiles and mappings in V-Ram to present the art of tilted tiles, though that would probably be lagful if not programmed correctly.

4. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Or maybe like that ramp at the beginning of Sonic CD?

5. Hanoch

Hanoch Well-Known Member Member

Study the special stage code and recode it in the deformation data.

What markey said is similiar to what's going on in the special stages.

It takes the horizontal lines/pixels and moves them forward, and on the same time taking the vertical coloumns (diagonally in a 45 degree angle) and by that, the screen makes a shape of a 45 degree turned square.

I think the lines would need to move in relation to the coloumns, remember the screen size is 320x240(IIRC) so there are 240($E0) lines and 320($140) coloumns.

In fact, I just checked the calculator and doing 240/320 gave me 0.75. I shift tged it and the angle I got was 36.86989765 or in short 36. You could also do stuff like, each 2 shifts of a line, one coloumn shifts. Play with those and you might be able to get a 45 degree effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.