Wing Cap & Sunglasses question

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by jspamax, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jspamax

jspamax Newcomer Exiled

Anyone know where I can get a downloadable Rom hack of MarkeyJesters famous Mario 64 Wing Cap Hack in Sonic 1?

Also, just thought I'd point out that I think it's strange that no one has attempted to replicate Knuckles Sonic Adventure 2 move 'Sunglasses' or Rouge's 'Treasure Scope'.

Could you imagen the possibiliies of a hack like 'Sonic 2 Heroes' (where you are controlling all three characters) or even 'Sonic 3K: The Challenges' (where one mission known as 'Tag Team' allows you to switch between Sonic & Knuckles on the fly).

The ideas of putting on the sunglasses as knuckles to make some hidden rings appear only to switch back to Sonic and perform the light speed dash before they dissappear opens up immense new potential for level layouts involving tag teams.

2. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Famous? lol, never heard of it.

3. jspamax

jspamax Newcomer Exiled

well maybe it wasn't well known. I know Markey made it because I found it in an old topic. might have been one of his first hacks but the geezer won't reply regarding it, even in a PM. I can't find it on youtube so maybe Markey is embarrest of his work due to it being simple, or maybe he didn't want Sega & Ninteno fans bitching. lol

At the end of the day, it was very cool and I think he should show it off, as small as it is.

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I'd just like to clear up that it's not one of my early hacks, it wasn't famous, and I have no problems with it being shared (And I'm sure SEGA and Nintendo fans won't rage over a pathetically small rom change), and I haven't responded because I have no mouse and I am left using the keyboard, so I want to limit myself to replying to threads I feel are completely necessary.

The thing is, I don't have that hack and I don't have the source anymore, and because it's not an excellent hack that I actually care about, I don't feel like making another one either.

Unless someone else just so happens to have that rom, then sorry, but you won't get to play it it seems.

5. jspamax

jspamax Newcomer Exiled

that's what happens when you don't open source. ;)

6. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

You make this sound like this is Markey's loss. ;)

7. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I chose not to open source for a reason, don't insult my method please.

8. jspamax

jspamax Newcomer Exiled

it wasn't aimed at you personally Markey. Just how I feel about the Sonic Community as a whole. I have my reasons.

9. Hitaxas

Hitaxas Retro 80's themed Paladins Twich streamer Member

Not every project should and not every project will be open source you know?

Hacking is supposed to be fun, the things you do with it should make it feel like an achievement. It can't really be an achievement if it just contains the same source code the other 9001 hacks that are just like it has. If you have an idea for the hack, study up and make the idea come true.

Also: If you want the hack, try contacting this guy, He might have it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011
  10. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

I actually still have that hack that you are looking for, to me I thought it was a pretty neat idea in combining properties from mario 64 with properties with sonic ;) . I would share it but of course I would need markey's permission before doing so.

11. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Feel free to share it, it was released publically after all =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.