SonLVL

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by MainMemory, Mar 29, 2011.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

2. MainMemory

I've added support for Chaotix object layouts, and I've added drag-and-drop reordering functionality to the chunk, block, and tile lists (hold Ctrl to swap instead of move).

3. MainMemory

I've added "Advanced Remapping..." buttons to the chunk, block and tile lists that open a new dialog:

[​IMG]

4. MainMemory

I added a new feature where you can save layout sections to a list in the program and paste them later, rather than just using the clipboard.

[​IMG]

They are saved in a file in the INI folder as "Level Name.sls", so if you want the same layout sections available in multiple acts, you'll have to make copies of the file.

I also updated the build of the object definition editor so it shouldn't crash now, but you should be aware that it never worked all that well to begin with (some controls don't get updated when they should).

Oh, and SonLVL supports Sonic CD now, since I didn't mention it here earlier.

5. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

How do you save objects with the layout sections? I've only been able to save chunks in it, at the moment. I tried selecting the objects, then going to the foreground pane and saving a chunk set, but the objects don't come with it.

6. MainMemory

It's an option in the Edit menu.

7. MainMemory

SonLVL now supports Comper compression.

But only on Windows, as I have no idea how to build the C++ libraries for any other platform. You can find the source code here, if you want to try building it yourself.

8. calebmcgee

calebmcgee Newcomer Trialist

It doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

9. Pacca

10. CS2612

CS2612 FamiTracker Trash Member

Can i just say how much i love this program? It's amazing how easy it is to make a simple level hack of Sonic 2. Thanks a lot for the program.

11. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

I have to agree. SonED is no longer my go to program for level editing. SonLVL is.

12. CS2612

Definitely. SonED2 was too hard for me to figure out, so i decided on waiting for FLOW, but saw this instead. Set it up, and it blew my mind flat out of my head.

13. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Its gui kinda remind me of my times on the Esrael's Sonic Editor. I never tried SonLVL before, but have some interesting things such as sprite editing. It looks really nice. I'll give it a try right now.

14. CS2612

Eh, i tried ESE. It was kinda cool, but the level editor was horribly under-powered. Most objects for any level showed up as white boxes with question marks, making it hard to achieve wonders. The special stage editor, however, was amazing. Editing Blue Sphere was never easier, unless i'm just clueless as usual.

It's still a neat little program though. 

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  15. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

I did use ese2, Soned & soned2, now since my computer ain't too buggy, I use sonlvl, but do have a question.

If one uses ESE2 for Sonic 2, you can import tiles, blocks, chunks & layout over the chosen level. Is that possible in Sonlvl in some sort of way?

16. MainMemory

It is possible to import tiles, blocks+tiles, and chunks+blocks+tiles by right clicking in the tile/block/chunk list in the respective tabs. I have been meaning to add the ability to import layout+chunks+blocks+tiles, but haven't quite figured out how it would work best yet.

17. Pacca

Could you make an option to disable the drag function for tiles and blocks? I don't use it very often, and it tends to get in the way for me, as my mouse can sometimes stick and scramble blocks around, which makes it harder for me to find things.

18. MainMemory

Update:

• Mouse wheel scrolls tile/block/chunk lists.
    • Added buttons to disable drag-and-drop in tile/block/chunk lists.
    • Added Deep Copy for chunks and blocks.
    What "Deep Copy" means is that rather than copying only the exact data from the chunk/block, it will copy all the tiles in the block, or all the blocks the chunk uses (and their solidity indexes) and all the tiles the blocks use, so that you can paste it into another level to get an exact replica of the original chunk/block, as long as you have enough free tiles/blocks to cover the addition.
    Edit: I have also added buttons for flipping blocks and tiles, like the buttons the chunk editor already had.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  19. CS2612

Many thanks, MainMemory. That update's really been getting a workout lately!

20. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

TheModernRetroGamer  beat me to it. This Update works well. also...

I had no idea there was a limit (somewhat), but out of curiosity, is there also a chunk limit???