How will I go about....?

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by jspamax, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jspamax

jspamax Newcomer Exiled

forming a team of highly skilled Sonic hackers to help me create my vision of my ultimate Sonic hack?

I have already offered money for Art and ASM work but seeing as most of you do not wish to take part in this endevour, surely there is another way?

All I want to do is create my ultimate vision of a dream Sonic hack.

I want to be the sole designer of level layouts and plan my vision of ideas to a project.

I need helpers to work on ASM and Art. I won't rush anyone. This can be purely for fun and I am still accepting ideas from others as time goes by.

I want to get everyones opinions on each and every idea we make and take it well into consideration.

I have tried everything but no one is willing to help. All I am asking is why?

If money is such a bad thing to offer, how about just a fan-made project led by me and I'll offer prizes and set up my own sort of Hacking contest for the work to be carried out.

Please people, if only you were to just listen to my ideas, take them into consideration, and help in creating such a dream project, I promise you that I will see it through.

I really want us all to accomplish something no hacker has done before:- Finish a project and see it through to the final stages of development.

Is it really that hard to reach out to you all? Is it really that hard to understand?

My visions go really far, and it's not like this cannot be achieved if we all worked together.

I know I'll probably get some harsh messeges thrown at me from the community because I am a noob, not praised for creating anything within the scene etc etc, and probably get told to do all this myself and learn but that's just the problem as to why no project ever gets finished. Not everyone in the scene is good at everything. You should follow your field of interest and stick with it. I claim to be good at layout editing and although none of you have really witnissed me at my full potential, the reason behind why I can't be bothered in creating a general layout hack right now to show you all what I am capable of is because I'll be creating it based around the original assets of Sonic 1 when I clearly find that to be a waste of time. Why?.... Because my vision is to have many new moves and additions to my dream hack and I want to create levels based around new and exciting assets.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2011
  2. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

Are you serious? You really didn't get the hint?

It's your dream, not everyone else's. In all the time you have been begging people to do your work for you, (with very little money offered) you could have spent that time learning how to do some things on your own.

It just irks me so bad when you act like everyone should just jump at the opportunity to work on, again, your dream hack. Do you have any idea how many hours goes into making a large scale hack? How much commitment it takes? You can't just waltz in here and act like you're going to make some big wonderful hack, when in reality you're doing absolutely nothing. Oh? Level layout editing? ANYONE with half a brain and ESE or SonED can do this, it's one of the simplest things to do. Looking at your posts, you're just so clueless. You haven't bothered to learn even the simplest things.

And honestly, your idea of a dream hack sounds so boring. With the way you acted with your other account, I sincerely hope that no one ever does help you with this.

3. jspamax

jspamax Newcomer Exiled

I ain't trying to have this just about me... I want to bring a good selection of Hackers together and discuss everything from what each others needs, desires, and ideas are for a great hack and bring it all together. I want to make sure we can get a full complete project out of the community for once. You can say all you want about me Rika Chou but the truth is, if hackers worked together, we could acomplish something fantastic instead of just working alone. I don't just want people to do the work for me. I have my ideas, but I want the peoples imput, speculation, needs, ideas to join. Why is that so hard for you to understand. Think more along the lines of Team Megamix but a new set of hackers.

I have built up a rom hack so far with certain elements created from the likes of Selbi & Phychosk8er with additional help from Markey Jester. The more people who choose to help with things, the better. These people however have held it to themselves that it's still just my idea only but I've explained to them on occassion to express some of their creative imput and personal thoughts on the ideas I give. Phy has been great in this regard esspecially.

Anyways, here are just some of my ideas i've been tossing about and hope to one day get off the ground...

Feel free to discuss it at your lesuire.

This is what I believe makes an ultimate modern day Sonic Hack:-

1.) Multiple unlockable Characters

2.) New additional Unlockable moves / assets for characters

3.) Ring Usage for certain types of moves

3.) Time Attack with leaderboards and Name Entry

4.) Additional Modes (Mission?)

5.) Hidden Achivements / emblem collectables (for explorational purposes to break up the pace).

6.) Levels from all three Genesis Sonic games (layouts mostly unchanged as you remember them but with additional routes and minor object placement differences to work around the assets of the characters move sets).

7.) Brand New additional Levels with new art, layouts and enemy bandniks

8.) Shop to spend rings that save in SRAM after every level cleared

9.) Elemental Shields (Sonic 3K plus additional ones)

10.) A world map would make a cool addition so you can choose which acts to tackle in your disired order.

Anymore ideas feel free to post...

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

Like Rika said, it's mainly up to you. Ideas are one thing, actually getting those ideas off the ground is another. Creating a group wouldn't help, because most of the time people don't agree with certain things and it's difficult to start one to begin with, let alone keep one. Lots of great hacks only consist of one person working on it. If you keep begging, without even trying this yourself, no one will help you. In the long run, it sounds like you're just being lazy and want other people to do the work for you.

5. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

I'm with Rika on this.

6. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

I'm sorry but I stand by what I said before, and I agree with the others. If you want people to help, you have to show you can put the effort in, and actually do something in yout hack. Fair enough layouts, but layouts are layouts. As Rika said its like the easiest thing to do. You need to take your time to learn how asm works, disams, music etc, and try things out. If you say get stuck and say " this code doesn't work, can someone help me out to what i've done wrong?" I'm sure people will try and help you in that sense, explain things so you can understand better. Really I thought you'd learn from last time, you disappointed me, sorry.

7. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Basically, make stuff yourself and try to attract people to your project. If you won't do it or you make something horrendous, the only thing that will join you is your left hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.