Sonic ERaZor – Fulfilled Edition

Discussion in 'Staff Projects' started by Selbi, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGuy2

TheGuy2 Newcomer Trialist

I feel bad. Guess that's the result of how shallow some people of the conventional audience are today. I still like your hack, but you gotta remember; this forum is a lot smaller than other forums out there; For example Sonic Retro, Victory Road (A Pokemon hacking forum I've just heard about), etc.

Bottom line is that you've got a solid fan-base for your work. Although I can say this; If you work with me, I'll see to it that I give you some ideas and help make your hack better. Be unpredictable. Throw in new stuff never seen in Sonic Hacks before. I could help you out.

2. M3k

M3k h4x Member

[QUOTE='Selbi]It just saddens me, that many people only care about modern hacking these days.

[/QUOTE]

I partly disagree with this statement. Many people still care about classic game hacking, but they only care about hacks such as Megamix, which are somewhat rare. That happens while lots of new discoveries are being made on the modern game hacking... so people got their attention elsewhere. And I know it's quite frustrating when you do an amazing job (such as this hack) and no one cares, apparently. :p

Please, don't get me wrong! I'm not saying your hack is bad. In fact, I enjoyed its uniqueness pretty much (god, those buzzbombers :wub: ). Please keep up the good job! That's surely one of my favourite hacks.

Sorry for the offtopicness, btw.

edit: or at least that's what I think it happened :V

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
  3. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

To be honest, this is partly the reason I never post about my hack anymore. I might make an update post asking for any opinions on what looks good, what looks bad and what could be added to improve, and I might only get 2 or 3 replies. Just makes it pointless to spend time making updates and releases when you get next to no feedback.

4. GT Koopa

GT Koopa Well-Known Member Member

If I can recall your hack was much better than mine. Like...leagues better.

But yeah. I have been having the same problem. Been trying hard to get the word out recently. Mainly so I can get the urge to go back into hacking.

5. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Another reason why I gave up on my hack years ago, because in the end, it doesn't really accomplish anything.

Or so I thought, I went on YouTube and saw many videos of people playing my Sonic 2 Recreation, I was happy and proud, and I thought, maybe I can give it another go.

As for Sonic ERaZor, I have played it. I did enjoy it, although I did find it difficult as it's not like normal Sonic games. Although the HUD transitions, Sonics moves, the crab boss and the spike challenge in Marble Zone; extremely clever. I also like the fact it comes up with text saying the story.

One bug I did find (not sure if it's been mentioned) is that I did die MANY times doing the spike challenge in Marble Zone, and after a while after all these deaths, the backgound eventually disappears =P

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
  6. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

This is a rather important topic for me, so please read:

A couple of days ago I felt like doing some work on this project again, even though I said I would stop. The main idea was to include Star Light Zone which has never been included at all and I always felt like it was missing. In fact, I already got the basic system ready, but I still need a concept, which is where I currently have trouble with.

And this is also where I started questioning myself:

How many people would actually be interested in a continuation of this hack?

As some of you may know, I was rather unhappy with the amount of feedback I received for the last release, and before I do something that may be wasted time in the end (or at least time that could've been spent in a better way) I'd rather like to hear your opinion on this question: Should I continue this project or should I let it be for good?

7. Guest

Well if thats the case then I think you should make a big comback with something no one else has ever thought to do. something someone will just go and say "Holly crap!" (kind of thinking out of the box here lol). So pretty much in other words I say you should go for it and continue this hack as I always been interested in this hack and was challenging as well that made it even more fun to play.

8. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Let the Legacy of Sonic Erazor live on! This hack has a lot of potential. The deadly Badniks,

the details like the blood on the spikes. All awesome. If you're not adding this feature to any of

your other Sonic Hacks, why not add gore? >:3

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

I think you should continue, that is if you want to. Your hack has a lot of potential to be even better. :) But if you feel like you have to continue, then imo its probably better left untouched so you're not overworking yourself and or forcing yourself because everyone else says to continue. Hacking shouldn't be a chore, it should be fun is what i'm getting at. :)

10. TheJeli

TheJeli Umm... Member

I really think you should continue this, but only if you can think of some fresh ideas and have fun while you make it.

EDIT: Something you could do is fix it so it works on hardware (read my signature).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  11. SSGD

SSGD "I can't believe what cool boots you have on!" Member

I'm on board with everyone else here, would be great to see ERaZor getting the extra additions and edits. Also as a idea for the Bombs in Star Light as I know this game is filled with very deadly upgraded attacks from the Badniks, how about when it explodes it continues to shower the explosions like a firework? (similar to how the buzz bombers work in the game now when you get close to them, but with a wider range to scatter the explosions about).

12. Rezeed

Rezeed Dataspirit and Dream Traveller Member

Honestly, it would be intersting to see this hack continue on or make a series out of it.

It seemed really fun zipping through the stages.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  13. MarkSuperCool

MarkSuperCool Newcomer Exiled

Dang, this hack is SO random, it doesn't even have a goal. And NOW your working on another level in the actual hack?

Either your insane, or a genius. Or maybe both. X)

14. Selbi

Actually, I'm starting to see a goal, which is making the craziest, yet most enjoyable hack out there. Success not guaranteed.

But let me demonstrate what I mean with a new video of the upcoming update:

A second Special Stage, wicked and unique once again! Not perfect, but the idea is there.

Thanks to DalekSam & MarkeyJester for the song (Whirlwind from Shinobi 3).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
  15. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Very VERY nice special stage, the thing about your special stages is that they seem to play like a proper game would, as in having a sense of challenge whilst keeping the fun, it's a very nice twist on the original special stage I will say.

Keep up the fantastic work!

16. MarkSuperCool

MarkSuperCool Newcomer Exiled

Ok, scratch what I said before, NOW your crazy. F**k.

17. SSGD

Quite the generosity of allowing two emeralds to be collected instead of the usual one. Is this because of the special stage being more challaning or are you looking to only add a few special stages in your hack instad of keeping it at six?

18. Selbi

The former with a bit of the latter combined. While of course it's mainly there for the extra challenge, it's also because I want to keep the emerald number at 6 (since the first stage contains 4).

19. SSGD

I forgot to ask this as well, can you exit the special stage normally or will you just be warped back to the last check point each time?

20. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Thats looks really fun Selbi, looking forward to playing it. Is this the last special stage? I ask because its a bit long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.