Sonic ERaZor – Fulfilled Edition

Discussion in 'Staff Projects' started by Selbi, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

How many DAC samples are in your hack, Have you broken the 4MB Boundary?

2. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

If you need 4 MB because of drum samples you either have horribly large samples or aligned them wrongly. I have 81 samples which roughly take up 120 KB. Of these I only use a fraction though.

3. Mike B Berry

EDIT: I'm no longer using said JMan's Z80 processor.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  4. Mike B Berry

I'm unsure if this counts as "Bumping," but Is there a progress report of any kind that regards this hack? The month of July is nearly over and the community never got a single word about the progress. Giving the shear abandoning of this thread, I have to assume the worst and believe that nothing truly major has been done to this hack. What is the status?

5. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

It's in finalising stages, don't worry.

6. Selbi

It's not bumping when the containing forum only has a few topics in it, don't worry.

As for the progress itself, as DalekSam said, I'm steps away from finishing the game. Mostly musical work is lacking (because I have no idea what to chose), but that's about it.

I'm hoping to get it done in the next few days. But it's going to be before the end of July for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  7. Mike B Berry

Excellent. I was unsure because I havent seen anyone one here at all for a while. What with everything going on, I thought you were too busy to even worry about this.

8. Selbi

And now I sit here, almost 8 months later, writing down this topic. It would've been even longer if something back in May didn't suddenly make me finish my work. It looked like I could be done by June, but problems made me delay it almost by yet another month.

But now it's finally here!

About this update:

This version, originally titled 'The SLZ Update', turned out into something I had never expected. An overview of the most important changes:

• Added 3 new levels, of which one is a special one.
    • Added 2 new bosses.
    • Remixed or added many new songs.
    • Rewrote all story texts - now featuring more terrible humor.
    • Added a system so people will no longer have an excuse for being bad.
    • Added too much unnecessary extras throughout the game.
    • Fixed more bugs, exploits, and graphical elements than you could imagine.
    • Secrets...

I will leave you at this because I don't want to spoil anyone too much.

Media:

These screenshots do NOT show the important parts of this update, because, once again, I want to keep spoilers to a minimum. Instead, I will provide you with the content you may look forward to or images I've already posted before:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As well as DalekSam's teaser trailer video he created a few weeks after I started working on the update (specifically, in March). That means the content of this video is incredibly outdated, but it's still worth a watch:

Special Thanks:

Although they are already listed in the in-game credits, I would like to give special thanks to the following people, without whom I would've never been able to create this game:

• MarkeyJester
    • vladikcomper
    • DalekSam
    • Spanner
    • EduardoKnuckles
    • SonicVaan

As well as some fellows I would like to mention for their minor, yet important contributions or help:

• MainMemory
    • Jorge
    • Tongara

And with that I'm giving you the download link. I hope you will have as much fun as I had creating this game in the past three years. :)

Download

9. Mike B Berry

Cheers, and points for you the great Selbi.

10. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

A tutorial is always nice to see in hacks as they're quite rare (something I keep meaning to work on).

But there's a glitch in the tutorial (a fluke, perhaps?)

I got to the bit where it says Sonic can fly up to places pressing the A button? Halfway through reading it, the screen flashes for a split second, and I get presented with this:

[​IMG]

The game still seems to be running, and I can move about with Sonic, Sonic being a block of text (the first purple block).

[​IMG]

Here is a savestate of the glitch, used with Regen.

11. Selbi

I have no idea what you could've possibly done wrong, RHS. I even downloaded Regen and tried everything possible in said section, but everything is fine for me. And yes, the save state does put me into this glitchy situation and works just as described, yet I have still no idea what could possibly be wrong.

I guess, all I can say is "Play on a different Emulator". :p

12. Mike B Berry

I found the hidden option in the game. But I will not specify how or where, The others need to scour the game by themselves. Excellent work Selbi.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  13. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

******* mode? Easy to find, just beat the game. After that its self explainatory.

I will say as a disclaimer, however, you will feel sick after enough time.

14. TheBarAdmin

TheBarAdmin Newcomer Member

This is a very crazy mod! :blink:

It's heavily based on trial and error, but it never gets boring. Especially the second special stage and the scar night place; extremely frustrating, yet I couldn't stop playing to find out what's next.

The music is... I don't know how to describe - psychedelic maybe? It's awesome, and I can recognise most tunes from other games I've played, since you did a pretty good job at converting them.

The A button moves are very fresh, and you have to actually master them to beat the game, which is nice. I see lots of hacks with homing attack or light dash, but they're just there for show - this is different.

IIRC you said you'd quit this project before. I'm glad you didn't, because this is a fine piece of work, even if it escapes the "norm" so to speak :)

15. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, I don't have time to play all of it today because of work, but I'll find time somewhere to finish it and then do a playthrough of it with my thoughts.

16. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

I experimented this bug using Fusion last version. I was playing the tutorial and I pressed A to read the explanation monitor (the one that tells how to double jump), y pressed buttons to make the text go faster (I pressed A, B, C and Start buttos ramdomly, so I'm not sure of what caused it but it happens the most of the times I tried it).

Another bug happened in Night Hill Place. I don't know what exactly I did but the rings turned into garbled graphics and even when I dead, the rings still was showed in garbled graphics.

17. Selbi

I will take a look into all of these problems and will probably release a fix in a few days.

On another note:

18. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

I found a bug: if you go back to the beginning of the level in ruined place, the signpost art will be loaded, then go to the right, around the second monitor, and back again, the end of level sequence will begin (locked screen and controls), but nothing else will happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
  19. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I got this too.

Also, what's wrong with Sonic's waiting animation?

[​IMG]

He just stays like that indefinitely.

20. Selbi

I'll take a look into this. The more bugs I can get fixed, the better.

And RHS, that was intentional. Because, why not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.