General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Your art looks vibrant and inspired. Your not bad at this. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of shading on your wall hanging sprite; It doesn't have the same style as the rest of your sprite sheet. Also, you may want to move the mapping of that wall sprite left by 4 pixels. I'll look even better, trust me. :p

By the looks of this, I actually can't wait for a new release. Good job, Xero.

2. theocas

theocas #! Member

It's mine, fuck off! =P

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
  3. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

If you have not already seen my thread sonic the hedeghog 1 hack The unbeatable boss then I would highly recomend you watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNjJu0FjP84

and then download it here:

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/oiphdq8dy

4. GalliumGrant

Aight. If I could talk to that sound test, I'd be like,

"Angel you duh sexy."

By the way, thank you for telling me to fuck off, I really appreciated it. =P

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
  5. theocas

theocas #! Member

Thankies =P Also, I updated said video to be one that isn't all shitty and stuff so you might want to check that out, and also you're welcome =P

6. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Not doing much lately, correcting bugs drives me crazy. So in order to help me a little I added cheats to my hack (so I don't have to edit the ram by hand), and it really helps a lot. It already helped me to find several minor glitches and one big crashing bug from hell I never noticed before ^^'

Here's that cheater's paradise:

[​IMG]

I'll have to import thumbnails for all levels, but I'll do that once the graphics are final.

7. Guest

beware of the eggman... :ph34r: . jokes aside, I like what you made here. especially the custom made level icon you made along with the eggman face in the background.

8. GalliumGrant

Oh god, yes! That is a cheat screen! You sir are win!

9. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I look forward to your hack more and more everytime. That is an awesome background for a cheat screen.

10. M3k

M3k h4x Member

I decided to get back to S1 hacking again, using the ReadySonic source.

[​IMG]

C&C please.

EDIT:Although, I still have to change it a bit. The water takes up too much space. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
  11. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

That screen, sir, is marvelous, it is a true piece of high quality standards in style and graphical arrangement that I have yerned to see from so many people in the scene before now, this being in a Sonic hack makes it all the more plausible, very professional work.

A lot of people could learn from this, and that I hope they do.

12. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

Pretty much anything SpirituInsanum does is all kinds of awesome, and this menu is no different. Good job. :ph34r:

13. Sonic master

GET A LOAD OF THIS!

[​IMG]

Anyways if anyone was wondering I am controlling doctor robotnik and also this is a NOT a sonic hack instead it was written in c using sgdk For some reason sonic hacking is more dificult than makeing your own game in c because you don't have this god awful to figure out object system and stuff like that.Also I recolored the ball.

14. theocas

theocas #! Member

OOOooo.. shiny. Although the object system isn't that huge of a pain. Also, emulators have a screenshot function, IIRC it's cmd+S for Fusion. Anyways, will this ever be released, and also, is that BG using more than 16 colours, so using fun things like using 1 palette line for the FG and the rest for the BG? =P

What, and my stuff isn't awesome? *runs*

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
  15. GalliumGrant

Markey pretty much summed it all up. Believe me, I wish I had enough experience to do that.

16. Sonic master

You're probably right about the object system, I am just not relay interested in learning how to add another sprite that can be placed in a level.It will be released once I add a jumping function to sonic.h and program it to sonic.c and then go from there I will also need to add a sonic hurt and finally add some spring code then after that add animation.From there I will just need to add new bosses and that will be alot easier since I do not need to reprogram sonic every time I can just call move_sonic_left(); and then sonic will move left and to stop sonic if he needs to change directions I can simply do this

this will slow down sonic when he is slowing down LEFT.

Code:

if (sonic_accel >= sonic_run_speed)

{

sonic_mode=sonic_slow_down_left;

}

else

{

sonic_mode=sonic_standing_left;

sonic_accel=0;

VDP_doVRamDMA((const u32 *)sonic_standing, sonic_start_tile*32,768);

}

Then sonic is slowed down once he get updated with the vblank update code.

I can even easily change stuff because it is all defined

Code:

#define sonic_run_left 0

#define sonic_run_right 1

#define sonic_slow_down_left 2

#define sonic_slow_down_right 3

#define sonic_standing_left 4

#define sonic_standing_right 5

#define sonic_run_speed FIX16(4.0)

And finally for the bg yes it only uses 16 colors and the rest for sprites and FG stuff

See:

[​IMG]

17. Valentin the fox

Valentin the fox Newcomer Trialist

Hello everybody! =) This is the hack of USSR team named "Sonic Autumn Mix"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you like it? ;)

18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Well it all looks clean and glitchless, cool so far, I would love to see new/different chunk designs though (it would be nice to just once see a hack with completely brand new chunks, and nothing that showed what the original level was =P).

19. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

It looks ok so far, my suggestion to the team though based on these screenshots is to do things that haven't been done. Alot of these backround ports have been done before, making them common especially the MGZ BG from s3k, heck I even did it before but changed it. If you can do original BG and FG art then even better!. Also I agree with MarkeyJester it would be interesting to see a new level built up with all new layout chunks. Also maybe take smaller screenshots, if your posting quite a few.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
  20. GalliumGrant

Nice job; This art may be unoriginal, but I kinda like it. Original art would be appreciated. My only complaint is that the last 2 Zones (SLZ and SBZ) look far too similar. Also please use a regular filter with smaller screenshots. Yeah, I'm nitpicky. D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.