Sonic Hacking Video Tutorials

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Animemaster, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zana

Zana In Bun We Trust Exiled

Well, this is quite interesting indeed, and, since i wanted to try to edit some basic levels to try things out and whatnot, it could come in handy =) They are great. Sadly i can't suggest anything for you to help improve

2. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Well I'm glad I could help, I hope others will look to my tutorails for some help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
  3. SSGD

SSGD "I can't believe what cool boots you have on!" Member

So I've watched Part 2 of Part 1 (yes, that does make sense somehow) and feel as though you didn't quite make clear the Do's & Don'ts on the use of layout chunks and objects when describing the problems that may occur during the build. I think the use of a quick review after you've shown some things would help, for example putting up some quick notes on the "Do's" then showing the notes on "Don'ts" as a kind of checklist for people to follow.

Other than this your doing a fine job on the tutoring; keep at it.

4. Animemaster

I'll keep that in mind, having said that I may include an overview on the Extra Tips video.

5. Animemaster

6. SSGD

SSGD "I can't believe what cool boots you have on!" Member

So ends chapter one on the layout tutorial videos.

Overall I enjoyed what was on offer for the teachings to those just starting and to those refreshing on their skills. Good work AnimeMaster.

7. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Nice video Animemaster. Really like how you explained the paper method. Thanks for...thanking me for bringing up.

8. Animemaster

Thanks guys, I'll work hard to make the next tutorial even better. (If thats even possible =P) Which will be on art,pallete, collision etc.

9. SuperEgg

I think you should put up a video about palette editing. Remember Sonex555? He might need it :(

10. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

I really don't know what people find so hard about making a palette that actually looks decent.

11. Animemaster

My above post says i'm covering.

12. SuperEgg

oh, I read that wrong. I though you were asking which one to do next.

13. Animemaster

Update:

Well sort of, I'm in need of some feedback. Basically my next tutorial will revolve around SonED2 again, but for art,palette and collision. Now my question to ask is, should I include object art which would be me discussing this in SonMapEd and should I include alternate palette editing programs other than SonED2 like of course SonMapED or Hivepal for just the palette?.

Now Some may think this is a simple yes. But I'd rather know if my time to do this is really worth it and how much is really necessary to be included with in the tutorial. So yeah just let me know what your thinking.

14. SuperEgg

Here is what I personally think Animemaster, go for it. As far object art editing goes, go for it. I will have to say, I had a little trouble with it when I first began back in 09', and since then it seems everybody else(well for the most part) couldn't hack their way out of bathroom even if the door was unlocked and they were right infront of it, I think it should be briefly discussed. I think personally a Tutorial on how to use SonMapED would suffice. Just make it into a clusterfuck tutorial. Cover art editing, palette editing, the works basically.

15. Animemaster

Alright then, it shall be done. Thank you for the feedback.

16. Animemaster

Bump for Update:

Thought it was time I started on this, part 2 is in the works. Its going to be quite a longin this one so expect lots of parts.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2012
  17. Animemaster

http://youtu.be/j-avBgfV3jg

Once the rest is done, I will post here again. I noticed there are slight volume issuses with some bits of the music being a bit louder than me so I may re-upload this again. But for now(I've uploaded this 3 times already), I'll leave it as it is, thanks.

18. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Man, I heavily suggest you to add text legends to the guides. People which hasn't english as main language could have a big trouble to hear the english instead of reading it. Fantastic guides anyways. Great work!

19. Kensou

Kensou Well-Known Member Member

I'm not English and it's easy to understand, specially because you are seeing what he is doing in every moment. Nice tutorials Animemaster.

20. Animemaster

Hm... well if I started doing it, then in theory I'd have to do the previous tutorials again just for this. Its a lot of work, and I try to put as much effort as I can. I see what you mean, but then I'm going to have to do it again which not really wanting to do just for text being displayed. I won't dismiss it, I will think about it, see if I can get around it some how. But if I can't, don't get your hopes up i'm afraid.

Though I'm glad this is catching interest, and as said above, I try show everything I do so hopefully if I'm a bit hard to understand, you can see what I'm actually doing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.