General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Oh sorry it was me, I looked again and I thought at times it looked like a path swapper was used but I was wrong, my bad.

2. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Oh fuck yeah!

Megaman Zero 3!

Elevator dance party!

This hack is amazing and so are you.

Way to go, mate! <_<

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Somehow the music just fits! I'm still not sure how, but it's cool. I echo animemaster's statement about the layout structure, but you've already explained so I believe you deserve the relief from a lecture about it =)

Apart from that, the rest seems cleanly implemented, good work.

4. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Should be able to get away with this here, since there's no other suitable place.

5. GalliumGrant

Aww, nice! Inspired straight from EduardoKnuckles' hack.

It's about time I saw sum Megaman hackin'!

6. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

Strictly speaking, it isn't hacking per say, it's just me using an engine I have readily available due to my position in Mega Man Time Tangent.

7. Animemaster

Small Update:

[​IMG]

New ghz past Bg art and new grass for those who haven't seen it. Oh and ignore the water palette and art, thats easily fixed just laziness on my part =P.

Edit: Ignore the bg part on the right side, I'm aware of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
  8. Guest

oooooooohhh Me likies. on a serious note now, i like the design of the grass, especially the shading. the bg to is awsome, tho you might want to fix that small little area of the mountains so it can match with the alignment (just a thought)

9. Animemaster

Yeah sorry I also forgot to say not to mention that either because I'm aware of it, but thats ok.

10. GalliumGrant

You sir, are improving in skill. Very, very nice, sir. :D

11. Animemaster

Selbi suggested I post here once again so ur... yeah please be gentle!.

[​IMG]

Oh and if anyone has a suggestion for something different, i'm trying to come up with some kind of futuristic grass.

12. SSGD

SSGD "I can't believe what cool boots you have on!" Member

A nice vibrancy in the choice of colour scheme used here. Things that are putting me off though are the water trunk of the palm tree and the water on ground blocks in general. The water trunk just looks odd and feels as though it shouldn't be, while the use of it in ground blocks for the platforms has been done many times now so it doesn't look interesting anymore. Everything else seems to have something going for it though so thumbs up to that.

As for ideas on futuristic grass......can grass be futuristic? Just doesn't seem plausible to me. I dunno...maybe make it look natural but with a metallic vibe?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  13. Animemaster

Well meh, the water is proberly staying i'm afraid. The whole idea of the trunk was to go for a kind of metal pipe, as I plan to make the tree like a metal tree like palmtree's future in sonic CD. Maybe it will fit better when its all done, or maybe the Sonic CD seemed a bit odd? but I liked the idea and I guess I took it and ran away as quickly as I could. Anyways these shots aren't to do with them anyways, its the new grass as the rest are kinda old(They've been like that for quite awhile). Interesting enough I think your first to comment about it though, unless I've forgotten or never actually post a screenshot with the tree, not sure =(.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  14. SSGD

Well if a metal tree trunk was the effect your going for, how about designing a drinks can like chunk then multiplying them on top of one another?

15. GalliumGrant

I like what I'm seeing, but the shadows underneath the grass shouldn't be so straight edged. In the original GHZ,

the shadows were very rough underneath, and this gave a more solid effect. I suggest that doing this would

improve the quality of your work even more. Nice job though! ;D

16. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

17. Animemaster

Too be honest, this is laziness on my part. Anyways I changed the design again.

[​IMG]

Which design do you prefer, the old or the new? if you like this one state which out of these three you like the best. So yeah C&C would be appreciated, thanks for those who commented on the old one.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2011
  18. Guest

For me I say go for the old one. the grass fits more better with it, though the second design is good lookin too.

19. SSGD

I say the old too. The new grass looks too solid to be grass instead of prickly and more blade like (if that makes sense). Maybe you could use the design in spring yard zone though; give it a colour change and see how it works out.

20. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

The last version is way more futuristic, but doesn't really match the other graphics. I think it would look awesome with graphics like the ones from Metallic Madness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.