General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

So, about a month ago I started a homebrew project, then abandoned it, and continued it again today. The name is Snake MD (original, I know), and here is a screenshot, demonstrating that going through walls works like a dream:

[​IMG]

Primitive? Certainly. But for my first ever homebrew game (not to mention that it's working fluently and is actually playable/challenging), I'm more than proud of this. Any art on this screenshot also only acts as a placeholder (with the possible exception of the border).

2. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

I like the new better; It's just so bold and vibrant.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  3. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Pretty cool, I remember the mobile version of this.

And hm.. I think it seems the old one has most people's votes, it seems its close but I kinda see what you mean about it not quite fitting so I'll go back to the old one. Thanks to those who commented.

4. TheFurryFox

TheFurryFox http://vyrissthevixen.deviantart.com/ Member

[​IMG]

Pixel'd Sonic from STH 4 Title Screen. Took about 40 minutes to do. Yes, this is for my title screen. Still a W.I.P.

EDIT: I'm a FAGGOT. I thought this was able to fit in the title screen and hell, it didn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  5. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

WHITE EYES!!11

That looks pretty cool, although you might want to give the iris a colour. :D

6. TheFurryFox

TheFurryFox http://vyrissthevixen.deviantart.com/ Member

Green eyes it is. Hopefully the fanboys don't rage.

EDIT: Current results:

Animates like Sonic 3's title (shakes finger 3 times and then blink). I will be adding more animations.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
  7. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

With special thanks to Marc for providing me with Mega-Mouse software I was about to make this:

[​IMG]

Not that anyone will be (or would have a reason to be) using it, but eh, thought I'd share because it's mildly amusing =P

8. Animemaster

Hm? is this some kinda of image editer for an emulator?! well whatever it is that looks bloody difficult! but amazing.( I mean the actual programming of it)

9. Rezeed

Rezeed Dataspirit and Dream Traveller Member

Umm.... This is a little something from what I am working on as a "thank you" to people "certain areas".

My avatar being a part of it is only a very small feature to it. It has one other character in it and we'll be in place of sonic and tails.

Anyway, this is just a basic type of hack I am working and also my first time working on a rom hack.

Here's a mock up for a title screen:

[​IMG]

And here's a Sprite comparison between the Sonic and my digital counterpart:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/321/c/a/ca532893e3568a3dfd3fec225316049d-d4ghk67.jpg

(Hyperlinked due to size)

10. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    TheFurryFox: You sir are creating something great. That is the best Sonic 4 intro redone on Genesis I've seen in months. Though I should warn you.....

MarkeyJester: Just stop being so damn good at hacking. Seriously, they might as well just hire you at Sega. Though I am curious, what exactly is being tested? The art?

Rezeed: I hope you do realize that when redoing your title screen, you will have to redo all those mappings and whatnot. Also, more than likely the actual asm file if I'm not mistaken. TBH, Sonic 1 might've been a better base, but oh well.

11. Rezeed

Rezeed Dataspirit and Dream Traveller Member

I'm well aware about mapping part since I been making some inquires as to how to insert/replace characters, however, because of my planned work on the hack, the only place I can really have it for now is Sonic 2. If I can learn the codes needed, I would go for sonic the hedgehog, but for now, I will stick with sonic 2. That and since is the first time stepping into the rom hacking field, I have a lot to learn first before I go into depth about what I can do for a hack.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  12. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

A huge load of updates on Sonic 1: The Harder Levels version. Regarding the recent updates that Animemaster posted about his hack, I got motivated for show some of the mine from this month.

[​IMG]

Harder Project's screen for the official project's hacks.

Special thanks to TmEE for fix the color palette. Other thanks to SSRG for the art used.

[​IMG]

New level select, yet with some missing options.

Special thanks to Esrael for the menu's code and to Erik JS for the text fixing tool.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Green Hill Act 3 with its art finished.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Marble Act 2 and Spring Yard Act 2.

Thanks Mistergambit for its original Sparkling Zone art used in the Act 2.

[​IMG]

Spring Yard Act 4 (ignore the upside part. This level art is unfinished).

Credits goes to HPZMan for the background art.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Four of the special stages are finished. The layout of Special Stage 4 is just a WIP.

[​IMG]

Sonic 1 Harder Levels title screen. To don't be confused with the title screen of TheFurryFox, this one uses the classic Sonic and has no animation. Also, GHZ at the background has different palette.

*Please, don't qoute the whole post if you want to coment something here.

Edit: Added credits.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  13. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

I like everything I see here you posted, Eduardo Knuckles. I love all the art I see there. I also like the way you've done the level select. Great work at everything, man! <_<

14. KCEXE

KCEXE Active Member Member

Wow, very nice, EK! I see some of the bg & level art has gotten a bit of revamps, like the MZ Act 2! <_<

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
  15. Animemaster

I'm glad I could help you get motivated with out realising it =P. As I've proberly said before, this hack is one hack I like to keep track on because It always seems so promising when you see more progress. I always loved the art that was put into this hack and can't wait to see it all finished =).

16. Dark Lips

Dark Lips Well-Known Member Member

WOW Harder Levels is looking awesome... I think your work is great. I look forward to playing it.

17. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Thanks, Deox. You know that you had hands on the help I had through these art I've shown.

Thank you very much, KC. In this art I specially took too many days for make and it's still unfinished yet. The background art as you can see is completely custom, and it has its own background scrolling/deformation. (video soon!)

Yeah, your posts made me to post these. Thanks for the appreciation and thanks for the good feedback. If the team keep up like they are actually, you'll surely see the final version of the hack soon.

The release of it will take a lot yet, because the hack has lots of the "unfinished yet" stuff being remade. I know that the hack is getting too many time for get done, but I want a true decently playable game in its final product. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  18. Animemaster

Take your time, I mean heck my hack is way overdue but I'd prefer something a bit more completed and polished of bugs, so yeah we can wait =).

19. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I have to admit, some of it does seem sorta mish mashy and quite hackish, but I DO love that bottom left special stage BG, that's a very nice BG complete with waving too!

20. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Can't wait for this hack! Everything looks polished and cleanly implemented, EK!

Nice going! And yes, the Special Stage picture at the bottom left is amazing.

Oh, I'm gonna love this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.