General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Oh, my bad then. I'm just gonna blame my bad sarcasm detection. :D

2. Zana

Zana In Bun We Trust Exiled

Completely OK, i'm not too good at telling things too so yeah.

And i think it should be time for me to work and post something on this thread, lol

3. TheFurryFox

TheFurryFox http://vyrissthevixen.deviantart.com/ Member

OH MI GOD. OY MY GOD. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OH OH OH OH OH OH OHOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My GOD OH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

OHOH MANN DAMN SuperEgg, IMMA JACK THIS FROM YOU STR8 UP

Lol, no. Really man, that's jizztastic.

[1+ like]

4. Guest

Holy crap this looks awesome. so much detail to the rocks and sculptures, looks like something you would see as a secret stage in SCD or something. overall i like what i see here . anyway as for me, I think it's about time i post up something here for once after my hiatus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uy5__e30gc&feature=channel_video_title

(also don't mind the team alpha screen as I intend to change that to my user name)

more to come soon.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Wow Blazer, cool stuff. Nice to see you aren't going to be using my Sprite that I posted a few weeks back, so whatever. ;) But in all seriousness, I really like what I see, my only peeves are the music choices, because it seems to me those music used in your level and other sound effects are overused and what not. And for the love of God, would you change the Sonic springing up sprites, the SCD ones are seriously overused.

6. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Okay. I really love the background. There's a total sense of open space and a large area to explore. Yes, some of the chunks need some cleaning up, but the layouts are smooth and are quite impressive. I like it. I definately see improvements here. Good going!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  7. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

*copy and paste from Retrohack*

Good splash screens. But the title screen music is very oddly made (along it doesn't fit with the title screen itself), the background art looks cool, but very repetitive and too plane (why not to use shading on your art stuff?) even with a huge load of layers on it. This level needs a better background deformation, obviously. All the songs in the video are very overused by previous hacks, wich makes my ears to be a lot tired of listen to them. The texture of the foreground is good, but certainly the whole level palette needs a retouch. Better colors, you know it. This one is actually too... dead.

Not bad at all, but feel sure that it needs a lot of brush touchs again, and clearly, a big cleanup of the art and in the music selection.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2012
  8. Guest

*also copy&paste from retrohack*

yeah I couldn't think of another song to put in place considering I already overused the s3 and s3k title music. that and as for the art itself (mostly the shading part), you just givin me an idea of changing the layers into a shade going from dark to light.

as for the deformation, I'm still thinking of how to edit it. and for the songs, that has been changed now with something way different now. aside from that now, thanks for the comment.

9. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

May I suggest you find other songs to use? Like EK said, mostly overused. Why don't you try and find good songs in some of the rather obscure Mega Drive games and try and port them over? =p

10. Guest

Im not exactly a pro at porting music from other genesis games (besides the most obvious ones *cough* s2 *cough* s3 *cough* ) considering I suck at hex editing =P. i read the guide on retro but it's still hard as hell for me to understand it. let me tell you if i knew how I would be doing that right now.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  11. DarkLeach

DarkLeach Well-Known Member Member

Me neither :( I wanted to get Flying Battery or Sky Sanctuary Music Ported from S+K but when I tried the first time the game froze and the next time the game made a sound that hurt my ears, so I don't know anymore. I've read the guides but I can't get them to work for me and none of the programs seem to work for me either. ;)

12. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

FL Studio 9 + VGMusic + OpenMPT + XM3SMPS Oergomized x Much songs than before = Win

13. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  14. DarkLeach

;) That's cool. I see that you got Tails to fly in Sonic 2 and be able to pick up Sonic. Nice fix up of Hidden Palace Zone, any reason the other glowing orb thing on the left side of the screen is all garbled up or is this a W.I.P? Looks like Way more than I can do at this moment in time. Good Job! :)

15. Guest

well it's about time someone though to do this as i always been curious of what the gameplay would be like if it was like this in s2 istead of just s3. also besides the garbled orb, why his lives counter a 0?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  16. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

It's a WIP, I still have to get the art for that and port the badniks.
    Because it's Sonic 2 Secret Rings Edition.

17. DarkLeach

Pretty Good for a W.I.P. ;) I see good things coming from this. Keep it up!

18. Guest

new title card approaching!:

[​IMG]

seriously though, it still feels a bit plain and I was wondering if any of you who are looking at this may have some ideas of how to edit the bar mainly.

19. Kensou

Kensou Well-Known Member Member

This looks great :) Tails finally can be like it should be.

I always love this stage... is possible to port it to Sonic 1 decently?

20. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

This is what I dreamed since along time, but people said to me that it's not possible due to differences in chunks beetween Sonic 1 and Sonic 2... I think it's possible anyway, but it will take a lot of work to make something decent.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.