Who can test on hardware?

Discussion in 'Discussion & Q&A' started by Jareth247, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

IDK if this is the right place to put it, so I put it here just to be safe.

I can test on hardware.

I have an Everdrive. Can't remember the model. I believe I have firmware v13, and I have OSv29.

2. TheJeli

TheJeli Umm... Member

I can test hacks on hardware. I have an Everdrive with a SEGA Megadrive Model 2 (PAL/EU) and a SEGA CD.

EDIT: This should be pinned.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I have a tototek flash cart which supports up to 4MB and supports S-Ram.

I can test it on a Mega Drive 1 (50hz), Mega Drive 2 (50hz), Genesis Nomad (60hz/50hz), with a standard 3 and 6 button controller, a 4-way play adapter for team player, an arcade power stick, and within a week or so I'll be recieving a SEGA Genesis mouse controller.

4. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

I have latest version of Everdrive, and I can test in Mega Drive 1 (PAL/EU), Mega Drive 2 (PAL/EU) and Genesis Nomad (NTSC/USA). And I have a MegaCDII (PAL/EU) right now too.

5. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

I also forgot to mention: I have a Model 2 Genesis, NTSC. No Sega CD or 32X, which sucks. But then again, composite output looks like crap on my TV.

Also, a bit OT, but... if I modded one of the Radica-brand GOAC devices (I have the first one w/ Sonic 1 and Kid Chameleon), would the Everdrive work on it? I know the odds are a definite "are you high? NO!!", but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

6. CrashSG32

CrashSG32 Classy and I know it Member

Could someone explain this to me? I'd like to try it.

7. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I have recently brought an Everdrive, so I can also test your hacks.  PM me if you want me to test.

I have an Asian Megadrive that has been modded.  So I can test EU/JP games at either 50Hz or 60Hz on either size cartridges.  I also have the 3-button controller, 3-button controller with rapid fire, 6-button controller and the Arcade Power Stick.

Also, why has this been locked?  And why isn't this pinned?  I have re-opened the topic and pinned it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
  8. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

I think it's because it was inactive for far too long. The post before yours was made in February 2012, so that was over a year ago =|

EDIT: Also, what is an Everdrive?

9. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Here you can find some documentation.

10. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Oh, fuck. I don't have a Genesis. Or a Sega CD. Or any of the older systems, for that matter.

...ugh =|

11. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

An Everdrive is a flash cart for the mega drive.  You put ROMs on an SD card, put the SD card into the Everdrive cartridge, pick a game and flash it to the cartridge.  You can then play games on the mega drive.

Everdrive specifications (official site)

12. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

Since this topic is here as well, I have a Model 2 Sega CD so if you have any homebrew or Sega CD hacks as long as it has a US Bios then I can test it. I also have a Everdrive, and another one with the shell is on it's way to my house so I can test your Master System and Genesis hacks too! :)

13. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

Some months ago I bougth a ToToTek for the Game Gear but I never used it at all (only once, to test if it worked) because my Game Gear's capacitors are broken, so I can't really play any Game Gear game as of now, but I will when and if I'm going to fix my Game Gear.

Not that there are many 8-bit hackers, except yourself, Ravenfreak, indeed ;)

14. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Bump! Just today, I've finally got my Mega EverDrive v2, and as such am able to test on hardware. I have a US model 1 Genesis, and 2x EU model 1 Mega Drive's! Also both 3 button and 6 button controllers. Composite and AV cables. And a bunch of free time.

15. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Oh, I never crossposted here.

I have an Everdrive MD v3, a PAL->NTSC model 2 MD, a PAL model 2 MCD, and a pair of 3 button controllers.

16. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I shall update my contents since the last post was 2011...

I have a Mega Drive 1 without TMSS (version 0), a Mega Drive 1 with TMSS, a Mega Drive 2, a 32x, a Mega CD model 1 (with a region free unlock cartridge for CD games), a Nomad for 60hz. I have 3 pad, 6 pad, Mega Mouse, 4-way play, an Arcade Power Stick, & Knuckles.

The flash cart is an everdrive (I donno which number, but I feel that's irrelevant, except for the fact that the header cannot contain " SEGA" (with a prefixed space), since the cart has a hissy fit, but I'm not sure if any everdrive version fixes this, or if anyone bothers placing a prefixed space (hacks normally don't)).

17. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

I have a model 1 American NTSC MegaDrive with TMSS, no MegaCD nor Super 32X. No modifications were made to it. It is possible I may obtain a Model 2 MegaCD sometime soon, if I can get the money to get one. Maybe, a 32X in the distant future.

As for peripherals, I only have 1 standard 3 button controller, nothing else, but in the future, I may get more peripherals.

I also have an regular (not Mega) Everdrive v3, but sometime in the future, I may switch to the Mega Everdrive v2.

18. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

I have an EverDrive and a Sega Nomad, it runs genesis games just fine (although I obviously can't test MegaCD/32X, and the SMS functionality was removed from the Nomad).

I can also get a second controller, if necessary.

19. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

If it really matters, I can test on Sega "Gopher"/ArcadeUltimate/ect' (AtGames' handhelds), and if wanted, JenesisDS and on 3DS through RetroArch.
    If you want me to test, just PM me about it, (or email me at hedgehogSonic13@gmail.com).

20. Scorpion Illuminati

Scorpion Illuminati Newcomer Trialist

I own a Mega EverDrive and have a Model 1 Sega Genesis without the TMSS, Sega CD 2 and an original 32x. I am also in the works of obtain a 2015 model AtGames Portable Handheld. I am really busy with my own project so please don't expect me to get back to you right away. Send all games that you would like tested via pm and I will get back to you at my earliest convenience.

FireRat likes this.