General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

I would personally like to see maybe a more original BG used for the special stage, now that people are starting to replace the background. The Green buildings in the first screenshot don't look too bad, but the blue ones look odd. Maybe if they were placed differently in the background, at the moment they look out of place.

2. favsis

favsis Newcomer Exiled

3. SSGD

SSGD "I can't believe what cool boots you have on!" Member

Not too shabby favsis. An interesting use of the background from Sonic 3's Launch Base along with the starry night sky. Just need to get a different pallette file set up for Sonic using darker shades to make it really look that part. Good works.

4. Guest

holly crap how did i not this awesomeness here. for a begginer here you sure came to a good start from what i can see here, and the first time i ever seen anybody use the mountains from the LBZ bg. hope to see more of what you got for use all =)

5. TheJeli

TheJeli Umm... Member

Im lovin' that night bg.

Only thing I recommend is changing the foreground pallet to use less black.

6. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

Sonic sorta seems out of place, with the rest of the level and all being dark and Sonic being bright. May I suggest dynamic palettes?

7. CrashSG32

CrashSG32 Classy and I know it Member

Oh my gosh that's so pwetty! The only thing I don't like is Sonic's colour. He's so bright while the rest are dark and dim.

8. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

So I finally got around to editing some art in my S3K hack. :wub: It's not much now, and I still need to edit out the "S" and figure out what to replace "SCORE" with, but it's a start. I've also edited my Sonic Boost code so rings are attracted to Sonic, and it makes him invincible. :D

[​IMG]

9. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

That's cool, replace the "SCORE" with a dollar/pound/euro/etc symbol =P

10. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Really awesome. The only thing I don't like on it is that the level foreground is too dark. Awesome stuff. Also, I liked the Sonic's colors. It looks like more the Sonic 2's Sonic.

First picture: Background is too flat and the buildings are strangely placed or it has swapped colors between them. Palette of the foreground looks kinda odd. But it's not too bad at all.

Second picture: Great use of the doomsday background. Impressive. Other than this, foreground looks a bit screwed on a specific block.

This happens with Sonic & Knuckles on Sandopolis Zone Act 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
  11. Ravenfreak

So as I said before, I fixed the boost code (though it's still not 100% yet...) and I decided to make a video of it in action. I still need to add the "PERFECT" text on the results screen, you get a perfect bonus if you don't get hurt but I still need to fix the code as its giving me the bonus automatically. The HUD still needs to be fixed as well, which is what i'll do today. :V Anyway here's the video:

I also changed my hack idea, this time it's just going to be a ASM & art hack, and possibly a music hack in the future. (So it's not going to be a achievement sort of thing...)

12. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

The Harder Project is working hard on Sonic & ##?## In Eggland. Here's some art we're working on. It's still a work in progress, but we're in need of feedback. So...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
  13. GalliumGrant

GalliumGrant Void. Member

Oh! Nice. I love that it's so simplistic. Thing is, is that we don't see many backgrounds in Sonic the Hedgehog that show the surface of the water, WHILE you're under the water. I really appreciate the foreground art too. It's not in your face, but I like it for that purpose. Oh, yes. Did I mention that Sonic sprite edit is win? I love the refection effect on his face. Nice!

A few things bother me though. The seaweed at the bottom of the screen looks glitched up, palette wise. Also, if you could use a more clean transition of colours in the water above the reef below in the background, that would be highly appreciated. That chequered style of shading looks very messy, to be honest. :L

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  14. Ravenfreak

I think i've been posting too much in here, but I have another update. :V Anyway, I decided to give Knuckles a new ability as well, dubbed as the "Slide Punch". However for now it uses his victory animation since I suck at pixel art. :\ Here's a video demonstrating his new move:

I know it might be a bit redundant, seeing how he could just Spindash, but I might expand upon the idea in the future. I also got some great ideas for Tails from a few members over at SR, which i'll probably be coding next. Also the name I have in mind for the hack is Sonic 3K Extra Edition. :eek:

15. CrashSG32

CrashSG32 Classy and I know it Member

^I don't think he needs to slide so far, maybe only half or 3 quarters of the distance.

16. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

I think the same, it doesn't look very good with that slidding distance. Maybe you could try to calcule that distance depending of the speed of Kuckles when you press the button. I think it would be better.

17. Animemaster

It looks more like a dash or a boost at the moment, why not try the ladning frame for Knuckles when he hits the floor while gliding.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
  18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

19. Animemaster

Hm... interesting. DAC Player?.

20. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

That seems sweet, but please, stop teasing us! =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.