Sonic the hedgehog AGX [Cancelled]

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by -, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

well seeing as the show room is down at the moment and that I have a new project, it's about time that it deserves a new thread as well. to start off, I would like to tell some of the details of this hack. so far i am only finished with the first level and am currently in the process of start MZ next. I have also changed the music to something different for once instead of keep on reusing the same songs over and over again. and for those that are probably to lazy in the head the read this, i'l just leave these screenies here to do the talking:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and for the obvious ones who are, as you can see I will be entering this in the sonic hacking contest but I wanted to show a bit of a pre demo of a demo that I will be working on for the contest, but for now you all can try this one. now for the things implemented, moves wise you are allowed the ability of being able to use:

-spindash

-jumpdash/homing attack

-super peel-out

-wall climb

other details include:

-new title screen

-new titlecard text

-new hud art & original layout

-new music

-new landing animation

-new background

-extended act (act 1 only so far)

- 2-way paths

-custom chunks

and of course what better to show of this pre-demo without credits. those i would like to thank into making this demo in anyway possible (even if they don't know it) are:

- d.a. garden: level extension help

- selbi: jumpdash/homing attack

- tweaker: s2 clone driver

- daleksam: making this demo possible =P

- karatecat: electric sheild code

- SCAA: Various art

- And anybody else That helped that i may have forgot about.

aside that, feel free to try it out to your likings:

Sonic the hedgehog AGX v1.0 contest pre-demo (fix).zip

cheers! =)

P.S.: aslo since this is still in development and if you have any suggestions that may help, please let me know.

(edit: removed hacking contest and sgmc screen and changed the link due to spanners comment)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. ihsanamin

ihsanamin Newcomer Trialist

Had a few problems with passing through walls and some invisible barriers.

Also, while the background is nicely detailed, I feel it clashes too easily with the foreground.

Maybe a lighter palette to make it appear farther away?

3. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Please remove that hacking contest screen. It looks atrocious.

Oh and where did you get that old SGMC screen? That wasn't made public.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012
  4. Guest

I know that the hacking contest screen looks like crap so i can understand that problem. as for the sgmc screen, i actually found a pic of it on google awhile back (though it's no where to be found now) and just popped it into imagenesis and using that screencode tutorial. though i did not know this was suppose to be private so i will remove it and replace it with something else but thanks for telling me now that i know.

5. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

The screen is outdated and the URL doesn't even work any more. Just stay away from adding SSRG screens.

6. Pokepunch

Pokepunch That guy who posts on occasion Member

One thing:

[​IMG]

I cant read this at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
  7. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Especially when you don't have permission to be using them in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  8. Rezeed

Rezeed Dataspirit and Dream Traveller Member

The background image looks great, what kind of Font is that?

9. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

It's the Blade Runner logo font, I forget the name of it. The actual Windows True Type Font file for it looks like shit when it goes below 8 pt in size.

10. CrashSG32

CrashSG32 Classy and I know it Member

I just played through the hack, and here's what I think:

Awesome. I really enjoyed it, the levels were fast paced, nothing too hard (yet!), and the art is really good: I like the S2 beta Sonic on the title screen, and the Sonic art, it's probably the best Sonic art I've ever seen in a hack, so bravo for that! I also like the crossed arms when you stand still, he looks so badass!

But: there are numerous minor glitches, like loop de loops not working properly, getting stuck in a wall (but can still get out).

I collected every emerald, but it was much easier due to what I guess is a glitch. In the first act, when you go through the giant ring, you come back at a checkpoint not far behind the where the giant ring was. Once you get back there, the big ring is there again and allows you to go to the next special stage, and the next, and the next. Even though, nothing happened for getting every emerald. No Super Sonic? No different ending (it is a demo, so that's okay I guess)?

And there is an 'S' monitor above one of the loop de loops in act 3, but it just gives you 50 rings. Is that what it was supposed to do? If not I can help you with the code for that.

I found act 2 to be way too short, but the rest were fine (act 3 is better shorter in my opinion).

And that boss, that was quite difficult, but I really enjoyed it! I beat it by jumpdashing from the left platform (hit robotnik) to the right then back to the left, then to the right (x15 or so), then boom. I also beat the boss once, then jumped too high and landed on the part above the capsule. When I tried to get back down, I fell and died.

I really enjoyed AGX, and I can't wait to play the full game! Great job!

11. Guest

thanks for the comments as well as the suggestions and errors guys. really apreciate it =). also I will ask next time about things such as the ssrg splash screen (well no point now considering the new policy that was just added and all).

12. Kensou

Kensou Well-Known Member Member

I don't like that hack, is very bad done and very bugged. Not playable and not ejoyable. I have seen toons of hacks like this one and I'm bored of that bad work, sorry.

Even the features you added are bugged and you didn't fix nothing, just copy-paste... and let me doubt that karatekat did the electric shield code... maybe he gave it to you, but I'm sure he didn't create it...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
  13. Guest

well of course it's not going to be all that good yet considering that this is only just a demo so of course i have tons more stuff to fix such as the bugs and other things related to that. as for the electric sheild code, you do have a point there, im probably am just going to remove it if thats the case and replace it with something else like the insta sheild (course i need to think of some ideas how its going to be used that is).

off topic: yayz another showcase for miiz

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  14. MegaGWolf

MegaGWolf Unofficial Official Hack Showcaser Member

Hey Blazer, dunno if you saw this but i'm just going to leave it here just in case.

Edit : haha wow in the time I posted that you edited your own post to say you've seen it, damn typical.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
  15. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Well after a good 7 months of this thread being inactive, i think it's about time i should put this here as well considering that the full description in the hacks section was not presented all the way. that being said, here is the the update that was entered in this years hacking contest that has passed over already

Sonic The Hedgehog AGX (or Sonic AGX For short) is a revisited hack of

My previous one Sonic The Hedgehog Xero. the point in revisiting this

is mostly to show what Skills that I lacked back then and what I gained and can still accomplish

as I am currently Developing the full version. Another reason for me in revisiting it is mostly because

I knew that I was too lazy and that I could do better than I did before, along side

with many people wanting me to continue, which gave me enough motivation

and confidence that I needed to go on with the process of development for this hack.

Aside from that, Explaining more about the Hack itself now this Demo in

particular will consist of 2 playable levels only, with which the layouts of each

act are changed to where there are multiple path choices Similar to that of Sonic3

or Sonic CD will decide how the difficulty of the level will be in which you will have to use

certain moves to get through the level. The Badnicks as well have been replaced with Others from

Various Sonic Titles, along with a new title screen and new art for each level. Now Talking More

Moves wise, Abilities that the Player is granted to use at any time are as listed below:

-Spindash

-Jumpdash

-HomingAttack

-Wallclimb

-Double Jump (Buggy)

(abilities may vary depending on which area in the level the player is.)

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before Im done, I would like to thanks those who has helped in anyway in

developing this demo. and with some new additions, those people are...

-Selbi

-Tweaker

-KCX

-Nineko

-MarkeyJester

-Daleksam

-D.A. garden

-RHS

-Trox

-SCAA

-Gallium Grant

With that said, I hope you all will enjoy this demo and be on the look out for a full release.

Have fun!

http://sonicresearch..._download&id=61

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
  16. Guest

been a hell of a awhile since i posted anything in this thread about my hack, but i think i'ts about time that i should get this thing up and going again. and to start off, a bit of some art edits which i made so far.

[​IMG]

(W.I.P.)

And

[​IMG]

I might add the other hand to this, not sure yet but i like how this came out so far. Thoughts?

17. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Looks like Hydrocity, a bit repeated but its W.I.P so I'll await for it to be more complete. I actually like the signpost, I'd keep it as is.

18. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Sonic The Hedgehog AGX First Public Release
    ===========================================================================================================================================
    Finally, after many hours, days, and months of hard work and motivation, it's about time that I should let this thing out. many have waited a long time for this now, but the waiting is over, Presenting to you all, created by yours truly (along with help of course) The First official Public release of Sonic The Hedgehog AGX. Lots of changes have been made since the first two demo releases, as well as many new things added, with which you now have the options of choosing from two characters, which are Sonic The Hedgehog, or Mighty the Armadillo. Initially I was going to have ray as a playable character, but due to some technical difficulties, i'm afraid he had to be scrapped. aside from that, more about the gameplay, some of the badnicks have been changed a bit, as well as the eggman boss fights, but you will have to play first to see it for yourself. along with all of this, there have been massive changes to the zone art and level layouts with which i will say I think I improved a great deal on them. So now going into details on how both players differ from each other in terms of abilites, Shown below here is a move list for each of them along with the basics:

===========================================================================================================================================
    MoveSets
    Basic moves:

• Jump: A Button
    • Duck: Down Button
    • Look up: Up Button
    • Move: Left or Right Button
    • Spin Attack: Down Button while running
    Unique Moves for Sonic:

• Spindash: Down+A,B,or C Button
    • Super PeelOut: Up+B Button
    • JumpDash/Homming Attack: A,B, or C button While in mid-air
    • Water Skimming: Left or Right + Hold A,B, or C button while in water
    Unique Moves for Mighty:

• Spindash: Down+A,B,or C Button
    • SpinBoost: B Button
    • DoubleJump: C Button While in Mid-air
    • WallJump: left or right + A,B, or C Button 
    ScreenShots
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Bugs & Credits
    Now mind you that you may come to seeing certain bugs as I already know about most of them. Just a bit of a heads up. Now Before I end this off, What good would it be presenting this without any credits? those I would like to thank dearly in helping make this release whether it be through simple questions or small guides and resources. and those people are still and will always be (along with some new additions to the list) are:

• Selbi
    • Tweaker
    • KCX
    • Nineko
    • MarkeyJester
    • Daleksam
    • D.A. garden
    • RHS
    • Trox
    • SCAA
    • Gallium Grant
    • TheInvisibleSun
    • DavEd
    • SMPS Music Contest Composers
    • And anyone else That I may have forgot about
    And a big special thanks to SSRG for all of your support and Motivation that I needed into developing and making this release possible.

Feel free to Download yourself a copy now and play it however you want:

Download: Sonic The Hedgehog AGX First Public Release.zip

C&C Would be greatly appreciated. and to that end Have a great on-comming new year and Until the next release Everyone! =)

(P.S.: Also as always, aside from bugs if anyone notices or detects any other flaws, please let me know to fix them.)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  19. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

some bugs that you probably have not noticed.

[​IMG]

small erro art.

[​IMG]

this because, I stay in the air(jumping in spring).

[​IMG]

for some reason, the time of invincibility is unlimited(this happen in spring yard act3).

if I find more, I'll edit the post or make a other post.

despite the errors, your hack is very fun to play, I liked the bosses are quite challenging.

20. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

I've just stopped playing this and while I want to say I enjoyed myself, I actually found myself getting more and more frustrated with a variety of oddities and strangeness. My play through was cut short by something I could do nothing about, which was frustrating. I don't really know an easy way to sum this up so I'm just going to list off some of the things that weren't quite right and also what happened:

• Peel-out being on just B while all other moves are mapped to A, B and C is confusing.
    • After-images hang when you die. It looks bad when there's 8 Sonics on screen.
    • There are several checkpoints with enemies right next to them. Coming back to these checkpoints after a death is dangerous as you have very little time to react before you die again.
    • The background in Lakeside Shores Zone 2 messes up after a certain point on the X axis has been passed. Noticeable on the water.
    • You can get stuck on the outside of several S-tunnels due to auto-roll in several places. This can be fixed with a few more objects placed to stop you getting there.
    • The second special stage is unbeatable. There is a section of diagonal blocks that you can't go through.
    • There's a pit in Lakeside Shores Zone 3 with spikes and a 1-up. You can't get out of the pit and I feel that the 1-up is a cheap way of softening the blow, so to speak.
    • The boss is incredibly cheap in the pinch mode, with me being unsure of how to hit Eggman without intentionally getting hit at the same time. He's also throwing garbage at you which I can't tell what it's supposed to be but it hurts. Also, unless you load the graphics back into VRAM, don't use spring graphics after a boss or they mess up.
    • Some of the badniks use the new background palette, causing them to look wrong. Caterkiller in particular is difficult to see against the background.
    • On the subject of graphics, Arid Cathedral Zone uses the bridge object with the wrong graphics all over the place and it doesn't look right.
    • The invisible lava tags are placed too high almost everywhere, causing me to get hurt when I'm way above the lava itself. In some lava pits, I can stand without taking damage, though.
    • The custom loops in Arid Cathedral Zone 2 has very loose collision, causing me to get stuck in the floor. This happened to me twice, causing me to die.
    • The camera can lock you into a dead end at the end of Arid Cathedral Zone 2. I had to get a time over to continue. 
    • I then approached the above area again with caution but was knocked right by a badnik into the same area. I waited for a time over, causing me to lose my final life and get a game over. I then stopped playing.
    So there we have it, my opinions and such. Sorry if it's mostly negative but it's reflective of my experience.

...I'm also puzzled as to why I'm credited as well. I don't remember contributing to this in anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.