And now... I present to you... Sonic The Hedgehog Psycho RFG Edition

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Psycho RFG, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

This is definitely one of my favorite hacks well done. :p It contains very interesting concepts, and you've executed them very well. I can't wait to play it. :p Although I am curious on how you made the random monitors. Did you port the code from sonic 2 or did you code them yourself? :p Either way, it's awesome.

2. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

Thanks, it's good to see you like it. About the random monitors it's a new code, I didn't look to the Sonic 2 code and, as I said, it can be any of the normal monitors and many other features like + 5 rings, -10 rings, 10, 100, 200, 500 or 1000 points, invert controls of the player, rest a life and if you don't have lives, instant dead, make the time goes to 5 minutes (if 5 minutes has elapsed, it goes to 9 minutes)... It's completely random for each play and each live you play.

These random monitors were showed in earlier videos of this project :p

EDIT: Here is a very, very, very, veeeeery old video where you can see the random monitors and other features:

http://youtu.be/iUOrvJF0yKo

And here is another:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  3. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

Just to let people know, the whole "stolen SEGA sound" thing has been resolved, it was a misunderstanding with being given a set of files that had it in by accident.

4. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

Thanks for saying. It's good to see everything is OK now. The song has been removed and now I'm using a new version that it's a perfect port from the Mega CD.

Like to say that if someone wants to try some music ports for this version, it will be much appreciated.

5. MarkSuperCool

MarkSuperCool Newcomer Exiled

Power rangers in Sonic? Well that's a new one :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.