General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Right, well I thought the Segascreen was ported so I didn't know this. I have a feeling people are gonna keep having ago at me, fine I'll sort it for when I release the rom. Anyways I'd like to move on, this has gotten to a topic discussion and its a general screenshot thread topic. Heck I'd make a topic if you guys want to talk about it so much. Anyways, back to the topic itself.

Thejeli: Its ok, but it needs work in places. I noticed some chunks don't fit correctly like the waterful chunk. At the end with the s-tube after the signpost, I've seen this done several times before, might want to change that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Animemaster

Double Post:

[​IMG]

Old present grass

[​IMG]

New to fit the style of the other timelines.

Edit: Theres a chance this new grass won't be in the update for the contest(if I even update it), as work will be taking over the majority of the week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  3. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

Now I have a question for you AnimeMaster; What is the orange vine? Is it supposed to be a type of flower or a vine? I find it weird if it's because it has no prior animation. And I would really like to find to know that if it isn't either of the two objects I'm stating, what is it?

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I still say the BG clashes, but the grass is much better, and the best part, it's different.

5. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

[​IMG]

Minecart for my cave level.

Yes, it goes on slopes, plus the drill breaks the walls. It's an in-game picture. Enjoy...

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Ahah, very good sir, does it have suspension or a boost mode?

7. DeoxysKyogre

DeoxysKyogre No idea what to put here .-. Member

haha, nah, but I may make a subtype for that to happen!

It's a nice idea.

However, you can stop it and jump to get rings

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  8. Animemaster

Good work man, heres another screenshot from me.

[​IMG]

W.I.P.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  9. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Oi, stop copying mah megamix damn you...

Before anyone gets the wrong impression, it's a joke.

Needs a bit of work though, there's something quite odd about that yellow.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  10. Animemaster

Thats why its a WIP, you don't like the yellow for the fg or bg? I must be getting my colors wrong, I seem to be the only one who likes the color. That being said... I will have to come up with something, to be honest, I can't see it working in any other color.

11. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

Remeber the 3D adventure menu item in Dr.robotnik's challange that did nothing well now it displays a title screen

[​IMG]

Also in case you don't know Dr.robotnik's challange is going to a multi-cart that means there will be other games in there that do not have to do with sonic here is the first game that I am working on the idea is to make a video game about an elevator repair man it even has real elevator PCM music. Right now I just have the concept

[​IMG]

Also because Elevator Repair-Man contains fake company names before playing the game you will see this

[​IMG]

One other change is that the make your selection now sample played too fast so I wrote my own M68K PCM player and as a side effect the game is not able to do anything else but it just so happens after the player heres the word now the menu is immediately drawn so I liked the way that turned out it was really cool.

Speaking of the menu before I used the sgdk's bitmap mode so I could scale the selected text that was cool but it created a memory leak and caused graphic glitches when It ran out of ram so I made a tile based menu

[​IMG]

I still can not get the colors right anyone have a suggestion for the best text colors.Also I am using shadow highlight mode to make the selected text brighter and the rest darker.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  12. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I don't like the yellow in the FG and BG. I'd say darken the yellow in the BG and change the yellow to a different colour in the FG.

13. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Oh no, a little animal trapped into a robot trapped into a sphere filled with dangerous goo!

[​IMG][​IMG]

The blobs on the ground turn into inoffensive gas after a little more than one second (and they only hurt once they hit the ground, it was really annoying otherwise).

I don't really know how to name it though, goorbinaut, blorbinaut... :/

If anybody has a wonderful idea for its name...

14. redhotsonic

How about... the blob?

Anyway, your art looks fantastic, as always.

15. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

Nice design and very original Badnik. Good job!

16. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Dropleglop - Obtained thanks to the thesaurus giving out droplet as an alternative to bubble!

On subject, that is rather awesome, the goo in general is very nicely detailed, do the goo drops animate when it explodes?

17. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Of course. They move a little like jelly, then they turn into green vapour. Only 3 different frames each due to vram limitations, but the vapour (which is made transparent by using a chessboard pattern mirrored horizontally every frame) also goes up a little to make it look like gas. The effect is satisfying. :)

I'll have to show you someday haha.

18. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

How does the name ooze sound or the ooze or how about green slime or just simply "the slime" or maybe even slimmy stuff? Also while I am posting here I have been working on my program Sega Genesis Toolkit I have pretty much finished tile editing. I made the window re sizable and one thing that has always made tile editing difficult is adding an object that I did not plan for so I came up with a solution store the tiles in truecolor then reduce it to the palette that way if the palette needs to be changed it will not require rework of the art. It also supports dithering.

[​IMG]

(the truecolor tile is on the left and the dithered tile is on the right although I could use that color on the genesis I was testing dithering and this was a good example)

Also I am starting to add support for mapping (I call it tile placer) I know PlaneED will do it but the problem is that there is no way to zoom in on the tiles so my program will allow you to zoom in on tiles just like you can in the tile editor (see picture above) Also another advantage of my program is that all features needed to make tiles and display them on the genesis (using standard plane mapping format) are integrated into one program so that allows for more effective graphics editing.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  19. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

So then guys:

[​IMG]

Take one damn good guess at what I'm working on now.

20. redhotsonic

When it says SonicCD on the bar... Sonic 2? =P

Unless you meant what on SonicCD... I'm not actually sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.