General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

I've never seen it either unfortunately. Actually I'm probably still using the first version. ^^'

You know their perspective is completely wrong, don't you?  :unsure:

The graphics fit well together though. I especially like how the yellow on the base of the column looks different from the other yellows while being the same colour in the palette. :)

2. TheFurryFox

TheFurryFox http://vyrissthevixen.deviantart.com/ Member

I've never seen it either unfortunately. Actually I'm probably still using the first version. ^^'

You know their perspective is completely wrong, don't you?  :unsure:

The graphics fit well together though. I especially like how the yellow on the base of the column looks different from the other yellows while being the same colour in the palette. :)

What do you mean by "their perspective is completely wrong"? As in using recycled art is completely fine? I personally find it unoriginal/uncreative. But maybe mashing up different art with okay palettes could make it appealing.

Thanks for the feedback too. ^_^

3. SpirituInsanum

No, I mean the perspective on the dice art is wrong, a cube can't look like this no matter the angle.

4. TheFurryFox

How so? Have you ever tried looking at a cube on flat surface on horizontal view? (no, have I?) To make it a bit more realistic, I could probably use darker shading across the side of the cube.

EDIT: I guess I'm wrong. I have to stretch the cube wider. I'll just let this one pass, because idgaf.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  5. SpirituInsanum

Well, it's simple geometry, especially in an orthographic view: the width has to be 2^0.5 (~1.414) the size of the height when it's turned by 45°. At the angle you're using, the total width should be around 1.36 (cos(60)+cos(30)) times the height, 0.5 of it on one side, 0.86 on the other side. Of course it isn't necessary to make it exactly the right length. You could also decrease the height a little, if you did gaf.  :p

6. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

What Spring Yard Zone palette do you like more?

OPTION A:
    [​IMG]
     ​
     ​
    OPTION B:
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

7. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

B, however with the background of A.

8. TheFurryFox

Or the opposite of what Selbi said. Either looks fine.

Edit: Forgot to multiquote SpirituInsanum;

haha, this could bother me for awhile. Thanks for the look on that, I probably wouldn't have catched that.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  9. Psycho RFG

Well, thanks for your replies. I tried both versions you suggested and I finally changed it to the one TheFurryFox said. I liked the blue sky a lot, but it make Sonic didn't stand out too much because the similar colors, but with the dark red sky it looks too much better. About the green part, the lighter one looked too much bored and the first green fits better too.

10. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

Very good, but it seems to lack contrast between the foreground and the background. It's too confused, dude.

I was going to choose the first one, but due to it's foreground color I prefer the second one. Both aren't bad, but I think that the silver fits a bit more to SYZ than the green. So, B. :)

edit: fixed mistakes on my grammar.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  11. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Neither. Both options just don't sit comfortably with me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  12. Psycho RFG

Thanks for your opinions.

The "Option A" palette is the one that I used since I started my game, but now, with that change to the bg color for the red one looks much better to me because Sonic stands out much more. I think the stage art itself is what is not very good loool

13. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

14. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

As I told you on Facebook, this is good, but the flames that fall into the holes in the ground don't go all the way to the bottom, but they behave like there is still a platform below them.

15. GT Koopa

GT Koopa Well-Known Member Member

Call me crazy, but I am sure there is badnik or other object palette not used in that boss fight that could be used so Robotnik can have the right colors when he fights Tails. Then again, that wouldn't be a good solution as every zone would have different free color placement, if any.

Just use S3K's palette line? You have just Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles in this...right?

16. Suler

Suler Experimentator Member

GHZ Art:

[​IMG]

17. vladikcomper

vladikcomper Well-Known Member Member

18. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Wow, I really like that.  Although, the water needs to be improved a bit; you can see the repeated patterns.  Does that Sun actually ripple?

19. Psycho RFG

Very well done vladikcomper, I can see great new stuff. That jumping ball looks interesting and the lava growing up surprised me a lot, is a nice add. The Marble zone art looks very good and solid. The bg fits perfect. Great work!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  20. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Are those the perspective view scrolling icebergs from Ice Cap Zone? Because that is an amazing accomplishment. Well done, my friend. Very well done.

That aside, the level design looks very well done. The homing attack is a nice touch. Makes it even more awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.