General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suler

Suler Experimentator Member

Wow, I really like that.  Although, the water needs to be improved a bit; you can see the repeated patterns.  Does that Sun actually ripple?

That sun pipped from game on Megadrive. I will not say name of that a game. (troll)

Water, water... WATER! I will replace it to my water, or draw a code to scroll it as GHZ water in Sonic The Hedgehog.

2. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Wow, I really like that.  Although, the water needs to be improved a bit; you can see the repeated patterns.  Does that Sun actually ripple?

That sun pipped from game on Megadrive. I will not say name of that a game. (troll)

The Rippling Sun -

Original Game: Sonic 2

Zone: Oil Ocean

Foreground: No

Background: Yes

Did I miss anything?

3. Suler

The Rippling Sun -

Did I miss anything?

Yes, you did. That game is not any Sonic game. Just play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 OOZ, and you will see, my words is true.

4. ThomasThePencil

The Rippling Sun -

Did I miss anything?

Yes, you did. That game is not any Sonic game. Just play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 OOZ, and you will see, my words is true.

You, sir, do not seem to have good attention to detail. Watch the background closely. If you don't see the sun rippling, you don't have good attention to detail, because THE SUN DOES RIPPLE IN OOZ'S BG!

5. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

The Rippling Sun -

Did I miss anything?

You, sir, do not seem to have good attention to detail. Watch the background closely. If you don't see the sun rippling, you don't have good attention to detail, because THE SUN DOES RIPPLE IN OOZ'S BG!

He said it wasn't from OOZ, so it wasn't from OOZ. Stop being a fucking idiot and lets just move this topic along. OOZ isn't the only game to have a sun with a rippling effect.

6. ThomasThePencil

Hmm...okay.

Now in terms of my own updating, I'd like to show some pictures of Winter Hill Act 1, Corrosion Plant Zone, and a very work-in-progress Watered Relic Act 1, if it's okay with everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  7. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

@sulermaxwell: I can really see some potential in what you have shown here. I really like the patterns for the foreground you have there along with the background art as well, though the water could use a bit of work, other than that, nice job. any chance that we can at least see a gameplay video?

8. Suler

No. Gameplay video is someplace far-far away now.

Firstly, only Level art (in the future: Gral (Level Graphic)), deformation codes and little engine modifications have progression. Some bosses have new attacks, but it`s not a good bosses.

Secondly, Gral have not-completed-mappings.

Just wait for 1-2 month, and you will see video.

Unfortunately, I will submit first demo at HC2013, because I have no reasons to submit it earlier.

9. Suler

Too many fireballs? Hmmm... OK.

Just do this: collect 33 rings and at the last Dr.Eggman`s attack jump on fireball. Maybe, it will break some sprites. Yes?

EDIT: Fireball.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2013
  10. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

I misunderstood a thing. This is bad? What would be suggested of being added to this? Some kind of "Burning the ground" effect?

Yeah, I have the three characters. Ahah, a simple art editing would fix this palette issue. I'm looking for make this boss to load a different art for him when playing as Tails. Then I could fix his palette this way. About a flying Tails for this... Hahah, don't worry about it. Flying with Tails over bosses and flying enemies will result on tails getting damaged by them. That "The Tails's tail destroy enemies" thing was removed from Sonic 1 Harder Levels when his code was ported. Tails can't destroy enemies or hit bosses with his tails.

IMPRESSIVELY made. This boss is damn impressive! And hard to beat, since we have to perform a homing attack for hit him.

And I have a suggestion of improvement. When this water was added, it was forgotten the distance effect that a kind of this must give, specially in case of the water automatically scrolling. I don't know if a automatic scroll was this case, but SulerMaxwell could fix this by putting some "far distance" ones in the top and some "close to our eyes" ones in the below part of it. The sun is quite impressive, I know where is this sun from. But since this is a secret, I'll keep up my mouth closed. Great foreground art too!

The Rippling Sun -

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, I understood it since the start. SulerMaxwell got confused by the words ripple and ripping. Like I said in the previous quote I commented, I know where is this sun from, and its original is a pretty cool game. When ThomasSpeedrunner asked about the ripple sun, he asked about if it does that "moving/distortion" effect which the sun does in the sun from Oil Ocean. Whatever if yes or no, I like it a lot anyways.

Too many fireballs? Hmmm... OK.

Just do this: collect 33 rings and at the last Dr.Eggman`s attack jump on fireball. Maybe, it will break some sprites. Yes?

EDIT: Fireball.

I misunderstood what you said a bit. What you mean with 'break some sprites'?

11. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I misunderstood a thing. This is bad? What would be suggested of being added to this? Some kind of "Burning the ground" effect?[​IMG]
    Why does the flame stop there if there's a hole below, that's what I am asking.

12. Suler

Oh, my English is not very good, and I don`t know some phrases in English.I mean that:

[​IMG]

I name it "Break sprites"=P

I misunderstood a thing. This is bad? What would be suggested of being added to this? Some kind of "Burning the ground" effect?

[​IMG]Why does the flame stop there if there's a hole below, that's what I am asking.

Because he don`t do one-line`s modification=)
    Code:
    Obj74_Action:				; XREF: Obj74_Index
    		moveq	#0,d0
    		move.b	$25(a0),d0
    		move.w	Obj74_Index2(pc,d0.w),d0
    		jsr	Obj74_Index2(pc,d0.w)
    		jsr	SpeedToPos
    		lea	(Ani_obj14).l,a1
    		jsr	AnimateSprite
    ------>   	cmpi.w	#$2E8,$C(a0) ;Suler: just change it to other value($300 is good one)=) <----------
    		bhi.s	Obj74_Delete
    		rts	

13. vladikcomper

vladikcomper Well-Known Member Member

(Damn, I'm a bit too late with my posting, didn't have time for that earlier, sorry)

In fact, none of code was ported from Sonic 3, this is my own implementation of the deformation code, where I attempted to recreate what I saw, basically, walking through Ice Cap zone and attentively watching how BG behaves. I always prefer coding some stuff myself rather than porting someone else's work, because I always want my coding skills to be in a good form =)

For me, this gives way more experience and knowledge than studying and adapting existing codes. If you do some job yourself, you have to think harder, you have to plan your actions, think of different implementations, at last, you have to see things times more deeply.

No, that's not the case.

If you watch closely, these holes are actually filled with lava, but lava's broken and wears BG tiles. This isn't related to what I've done about the boss, it's not a bug I've done either. The lava was working back when I finished the code and sent it to Eduardo.

14. ThomasThePencil

In fact, none of code was ported from Sonic 3, this is my own implementation of the deformation code, where I attempted to recreate what I saw, basically, walking through Ice Cap zone and attentively watching how BG behaves. I always prefer coding some stuff myself rather than porting someone else's work, because I always want my coding skills to be in a good form =)

For me, this gives way more experience and knowledge than studying and adapting existing codes. If you do some job yourself, you have to think harder, you have to plan your actions, think of different implementations, at last, you have to see things times more deeply.

Wow. I am seriously impressed. Ice Cap Zone's deformation (read: perspective view) is ridiculously difficult to reproduce on any background style. I know it's perspective view since I've run through that zone a thousand times in S3K: The Challenges for the second Time Attack mission (I was able to obtain an S Rank) and looked at those interesting icebergs and said, "Why hasn't anyone used this in their hack?" Now I know someone has.

15. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

[​IMG]

"Oh hey, look, a level win pose in Sonic 1, that's cool .."

[​IMG]

".. wait what."

16. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

Could it be that you have created something that people have been asking after for years?

Could this be it? Could this be true?  [​IMG]

17. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

You never know. :U

(I fixed those bugs, by the way. Or, rather, I haven't yet been able to encounter them with extensive testing.)

18. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Wow, I really like that. Although, the water needs to be improved a bit; you can see the repeated patterns.  Does that Sun actually ripple?

Water, water... WATER! I will replace it to my water, or draw a code to scroll it as GHZ water in Sonic The Hedgehog.

It's from Bare Knuckle III (aka Streets of Rage 3). So what did I win?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  19. Suler

Wow, I really like that. Although, the water needs to be improved a bit; you can see the repeated patterns.  Does that Sun actually ripple?

It's from Bare Knuckle III (aka Streets of Rage 3). So what did I win?

Yes. But it was a secret. IDK, why, but it was.
    Three days ago, I started a MZ art, it will be completed for a week.

20. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Either I have a weird memory, or this was done before. I mean, isn't level transition a common thing nowadays? Not to say I dislike this, not in the least, I'm just not seeing what's THAT special about it. :V

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.