General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

I've tried to reason with him, but he wouldn't listen. Don't blame me once the apocalypse breaks out.

2. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

[​IMG]

starting to work on agx again. (yay)

@Cinossu: Glad to hear that your working on Etended edition again. and now I wait for our impending doom....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
  3. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

wow Blazer that is fucking awesome looking wish I was that artistic god damn, good work!

Edit: I like the background the most.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
  4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Veru nice, I absolutely LOVE the dithering and alterations with the Green Hill Zone tree, the elongated stem goes well with it too, it feels wildly tropical now, and the grass design (although incomplete) is very pleasing to look at! That background, I recognise parts of it from places, but is some of that background your design? Either way it fits together wonderfully, well done!

Oh, and by the way, your life icon; TOTAL KILLER!! A brilliant choice of art pose, why didn't I ever think of doing that? It's a fresh new and original choice of icon art, but it unlike everyone else's, this one fits brilliantly.

5. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

*looks at life icon* "Hmm, looks familiar..."

[​IMG]

lol, 6 years later and about time someone else thinks to do that same. =P

On the rest of the image itself...

Love the details, especially with the lighting source on the top clouds reflecting the position of the sun correctly. Although I'll go ahead and say that the sun needs more detail, but I'm sure you're already aware of this. Other than adding maybe a bit more detail to the water, I think you've done a great job here. Well done. =)

6. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

Thanks guys for the comments. looking at what you all said has made me a very happy man today. also Sonicboom if I may ask, what hack is that from exactly? 

7. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Mockup time again.

[​IMG]

8. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

What I have to say about that new Star Light art is... You did it again! I really like it a lot. Nice design. Will that engine parts of the bottom move? ( I guess yes, but I have to ask :p). The magenta line is the only thing I still don't know if fit's very well, maybe in red would be better, or maybe yellow, but that's a personal opinion, it's really good design what you have done here, congratulations!

9. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

10. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Sonic 1 with time zones? =P

That looks awesome, I love the details you've put in to the background mainly!

11. SpirituInsanum

SpirituInsanum Well-Known Member Member

Hahahaha... The background is the original background from SLz, but I guess nobody's ever really seen it because the first plane is visually busy. Thanks though, I precisely wanted to give more visibility to the background, so that's all good. :)

Some areas will be more like the original though, the highway is still supposed to be under construction (so no, it isn't the future of the zone).

@Psy: The colour scheme is actually a reference to something (I wonder if someone will ever notice, but it isn't important), so it won't change. The green isn't exactly the final colour in fact, but it's easier for me to work with such simple gradients.

12. fdswerty

fdswerty Well-Known Member Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tbzm_-wttI

Project restarted :(.

13. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Well, time for my feedback/suggestions/whatever-the-hell-goes-in-that-category =P

Pros:

• New music edits: I see you've put in 2 songs from 3D Blast, as well as the act complete theme from Sonic 2. So nice job on that.
    • Palette edit: I like what you did with the palette here. I liked it before, and I like it now. I'd be interested in seeing what you do with the infamous Carnival Night Zone =P
    • Life counter edit: I like what you did, despite the fact that now, that style is beginning to become overused. Not saying I don't like it, because I do like it, but it just feels like it's becoming overused. But you can keep it, because I like it nonetheless.
    Cons:

• Springs: Although your object placement has improved in general, there are a couple springs that are in...odd locations. For example, the spring on the steep-ass hill near the start of the level.
    • GIANT SPIKED BALLS: Similar deal here; the big-ass spiked balls that swing around are sometimes placed in annoying spots.
    All in all, despite the few issues with some placements, I still see a good future in your hack's future, so keep at it and don't give up.

14. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

It's from a hack I was developing back in 2007 called "Sonic Boom 2" (real original, I know =P). A simple palette hack that's heavily outdated, I released a copy back during my early years in the community.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
  15. fdswerty

fdswerty Well-Known Member Member

Carnival Night Zone palette?! It'll be based off this one:

[​IMG]

I really like that palette, so it'll be on my hack.

Now (OffTopic) Why did I had to log off to see your post?

Only applies to TSR's posts.

EDIT: Also, the EndOfLevel Music port is from S1 through :). Also I almost forgot to credit Flamewing for his improved S&K Sound Driver.

EDIT_2: Palette done.

[​IMG]

16. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

ThomasSpeedrunner's posts are in moderation queue, which means that they're invisible until a moderator approves them. The fact that you could see that when you logged off is just a timing coincidence.

17. JoenickROS

Edited CNZ layouts this time. No Knuckles path, though there is a little one in act 1 but not good enough or any reason to show. A little Tails abuse, un-matched tiles (yeah sorry ill work on it), custom made 128x128 chunks. Thats about it.

As always criticism and suggestions welcome.

18. SonicVaan

SonicVaan I'm a cyberpunk with a taste for guns Member

I always love layout changes. Especially if there are a lot of layout changes, but there are some flaws, like non-correctly placed elevators and block-platforms. And never ever put loops near the signpost, because if you are dicking around at a loop and touched a signpost without passing the loop you can get stuck.

19. JoenickROS

Yeah forgot to mention about the elevators its hard to find the right one.

Edit: It is posible to edit the characters behavior after touching a signpost. Like in Sonic Megamix. Just have not got to it yet

Edit: Problem solved it acts the same way now like after hitting the animal capsule.

20. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    My god... What have you done to CNZ? My eyes.. they burn, and release tears of sadness. What have you done to my baby? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? The palette is horrid. On the flip side, your layouts are improving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.