"Rare" Sonic hacks

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by -, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leo huang

leo huang Newcomer Trialist

Do you remember where or when you got them from? Or can you provide a list of what's in the set?

Does it really matter when you won't be getting them anyway?

I've also got a pack of weird old hacks. I wonder if it's the same one. I gathered them myself, from somewhere, then uploaded them to the Sonic Retro forums, which got me banned because I didn't realize that the pack contains hacks that should not be seen and I didn't know that I should check the warning box.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  2. schmupfan

schmupfan Newcomer Member

I seem to remember a hack for Sonic 1 that had a Sonic CD time travel element in the base stages. It just resulted in a palette change, but was nevertheless interesting. I haven't been able to try it though, as I can't seem to find a DL link.

3. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

More than likely the same pack, although any distribution here will result in the people in question being banned as well, both the sender and recipient. The hacks were not supposed to be released, and releasing them is going against the creators wishes. Some of the hacks may still be worked on, and as such their features may be secret until final release.

As for the time travel hack, I don't remember a Sonic 1 hack having time travel in, but my hack and one or two other Sonic 2 hacks had it in. Mine was a lot more than a palette change though so I don't think you mean that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  4. Guest

So basically this thread has unearthed this story unintentionally and to be completely honest I obviously didn't make myself entirely clear. When I said "rare hacks" I meant Amazing/playable hacks that are only available from say drop box and such. I am very surprised you guys thought I meant these lost beta hacks at all to be frank. Feel free to lock this topic as it seems to be a lost cause

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  5. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

It's not that we mistook what you were asking for, there are some rare gems out there such as South Island Adventure and others. We are just ensuring that the hacks that shouldn't be made public aren't made public.

6. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I don't think there are any leaked betas of my own hack out there, but someone might have that unique version of soniNeko with different drums, I think I might even have shared it in #retro or something once; in the end it lasted only for a few minutes, as it was only a test and I decided to stick to the original Sonic 1 drums for nostalgia reasons. Even I don't have it anymore, either.

7. schmupfan

schmupfan Newcomer Member

Sonic 1 with time travel. It appears to also change the music of the stage. According to the uploader the link he downloaded it from doesn't work anymore. He also says that it's a demo, so only GHZ works. 

8. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

I remember this hack.  A small, but simple concept hack. I used to have a copy of it, but due to how little replay value it had, I've deleted this hack from my files long ago. Considering how little was worked on, I could see this being remade easily. But as StephenUK has said earlier in the thread, there's other hacks that offer time travel that do a lot more with it other than a palette and music change.

9. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

I remember this hack.  A small, but simple concept hack. I used to have a copy of it, but due to how little replay value it had, I've deleted this hack from my files long ago. Considering how little was worked on, I could see this being remade easily. But as StephenUK has said earlier in the thread, there's other hacks that offer time travel that do a lot more with it other than a palette and music change.

*Points at himself*!. I remember this video, it was partly my inspiration to do my hack. At the time I wasn't sure how difficult it would be for Timetravel in Sonic 1. But when I got better and I had seen the video I thought "Couldn't be that difficult" so I did some twists on it too. I can't remember who actually did this hack back then though.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
  10. XtremerSadiqX

XtremerSadiqX Burning Way Past Cool Member

Pretty Strange it doesn't go to a Bad Future first in Act 2, and automatically to what i assume is a Good Future, but I want to play this hack so bad.

11. Guest

Since this post has no more meaning to me I am going to lock it , If you want to share information with me feel free to do so in a private message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.