Random hack/Mini project thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by DanielHall, May 24, 2010.

1. Ivan YO

Ivan YO Well-Known Member Member

NO, NO, NO. This dash panel not from megamix. This is code of Speed Booster from Sonic 2 adapted to Sonic 1.

2. puto

puto Well-Known Member Member

The speed-booster art you see there was made by Chimpo for Megamix. It's absolutely impossible for it to NOT be stolen. 

3. Ivan YO

okay. this is my old adaption from sonic 2 with this art.  I was too lazy to change the art. I will change from Sonic CD.

4. Ivan YO

(I shall come home from school and change of art)

5. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Sweet Lord, I'm gone for like 3 days, and I see a hack with stolen content. Don't say that the booster is from another game. Everybody knows it's from Megamix. The code itself is a modified Sonic 2 version, so you aren't entirely lying, but the art is the issue.

Now from the standpoint of ignoring the stolen content, where to start?

Your hack is painful. There are cheap deaths, horribly placed  objects, level layout is shit....

How many times am I going to have to put this out there?

ADDING MORE ENEMIES, SPIKES, AND UNFAIR LEVEL PLACEMENT =/= MORE DIFFICULT LEVELS.

I fucking swear, it's starting to get on my nerves. I understand that you are a beginning hacker, but let me ask you two questions.

Have you even played this level yourself?

If you have, tell me, were you able to beat it?

I have more than enough sense to know that you didn't test it out, or if you did, you didn't test it out thoroughly. 

Here's some proof:

[​IMG]

This is just the beginning of Act 1. This little thing you've added here with the death pit and rock is flow breaking. I can't jump to the platform above because this fucking rock is in my way. Now, assuming that I couldn't make it up there without the rock, I could still die because I over jumped. You don't throw this kinda shit at people when playing. If you instead placed a platform in the middle of the pit to where the player had to jump, instead and not put the rock, that would be nice. If the flow of the level stops, there's an issue. 

[​IMG]

Once again, Flow breaking. Also, bridges usually have two ends, not one. Adding that giant wall was pointless and all you did was add more time. At least you did the obj44 correctly throughout the level though.

[​IMG]

Why can't I just reach that? Why must I go to the right and hit a spring to launch me up? Better yet, why is it like this? Also, the monitor in the tunnel.... Which leads me up to my next proof....

[​IMG]

Never put monitors in the tunnels. Unless you are certain he will maintain his roll, never under any circumstance put ANY monitors in the S tunnels, you are just asking for trouble. And last but not least......

[​IMG]

The fuck is this? The wall is way to high. There is no way you can make it up there unless you precise jump at the circle at high speed, assuming you don't hit the wall, thus stopping all forward momentum and causing you to go straight up and land on the spikes on your way down.

This is just Act 1 and I'm already getting pissed off at this hack. I stopped playing simply because it was just annoying how I kept stopping. Call me grumpy, but I'm already not liking this hack. Fix these issues and maybe it might be more playable.

edit: Grammar and whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  6. Suler

Suler Experimentator Member

Hello.I want to present my stupid hack about Shadow. I have no reasons to continue this f*cking project. But if it's worth it (I think, no), project will be refreesed.
    Screenshots. 
    Download.
    It's worth it?

P.s. Credis screen have random words, because i changed art and mappings, but now i can`t make it to normal state.
    Help: Vladikcomper.
    Music: Ivan_YO, Coolspot.
    Asm modification: Suler. 
    Levels: Suler, MDENVER9 (MZ).
    Special Thanks: Vladikcomper, Valentin_The_Fox, IvanYO, MDENVER9.

Not a very bad.
    + So cool boss.
    + So good music. (Boss and Act 3)
    - Too bad levels
    - No credits and bug on sega screen.
    Ivan_Yo, if you will work, you will have a good hack.
    Now, it`s a candy (near my hack :D). (I hate this levels...)

Have a good hacking, Ivan=)

EDIT: 

• Credits (my hack).
    • Added an answer to Ivan_Yo.
    • Added white text. After SMILE.

7. Ivan YO

Not a very bad.

+ So cool boss.

+ So good music. (Boss and Act 3)

- Too bad levels

- No credits and bug on sega screen.

Ivan_Yo, if you will work, you will have a good hack.

Now, it`s a candy (near my hack :D). (I hate this levels...)

Have a good hacking, Ivan=)

EDIT: 

• Credits (my hack).
    • Added an answer to Ivan_Yo.
    • Added white text. After SMILE.
    Thanks.

Ha, ha. You play the hack to the end. it is most interesting...

Unfortunately, I'm make badly levels.

This updated version. Fixed levels and changed dash panel art.

P.S. In SulerMaxwell's hack my old, very very old music.

8. SuperEgg

I did play to the end... No. I found it annoying. The boss looks familiar to be honest. Also, if people don't like the beginning, they will not like it by the end if they get pissed off.

9. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

I still think the SSRG entrance test was a good idea.

10. SuperEgg

Agreed, but they're would be no me =P

11. Dark Lips

Dark Lips Well-Known Member Member

good god... every thing I see sonic hack wise lately is either total shite... i.e bad layouts and crap colour schemes or stolen content from bloody megamix!!! I give up lol

12. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

When you only had stupid questions like "what colour is Mighty" it definately wasn't. Good riddance.

The Trialist system works how it is right now, we can send anyone to Limbo early if we want to.

13. ValleyBell

ValleyBell Well-Known Member Member

Here are two proof-of-concept hacks that were lying on my hard disk for some months:

• Sonic 1 with Ristar's Ring Rink using 4xPSG
      It uses a the 3rd SFX track to play the noise, so any SFX that uses PSG3 will stop it. (It's a nice challenge to try to keep it running until the level ends.)
      The sound engine is completely unmodified aside from a jump that I changed to skip a bset command that would prevent the 3rd PSG channel from playing.
    • Sonic 1 with High Seas Havoc sound driver
      Made after I completely disassembled the HSH sound driver (I still need to release the disassembly) and just for fun.
      I changed a few music pointers to rearrange the songs a bit and patched the PlaySound routine to have at least a few decent SFX.
      Fading works. Speed shoes work, too, but there are bugs if track changes occour while they're active.

14. fdswerty

fdswerty Well-Known Member Member

So, the goal in this hack is try to finish the game more fast as you can without getting dizzy. You really don't need screenies on this one. You'll get the suprise when playing.

DOWNLOAD!!!!

Inspired in Markey's hack: "Sonic 1 - The Ring Ride"

15. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

So I take it you just messed the whole BG and FG scrolling codes up for each zone?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
  16. fdswerty

Not only that. I've done other edits that ain't noticable Ingame. I've wanted to do this as a minihack, but since the minihack topic is closed, I had to create a topic.

17. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

If a thread's locked and you want to post in it PM a member of staff for it to be reopened.

18. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

May I ask, Electroball, were you making a hack, fucked the BG/FG up, couldn't fix it, then claim it to be a dizzy game? =P

I did the whole of GHZ, then got bored.

19. DevEd

DevEd A lol who occasionally doge nothing Member

It works fine, except Labyrinth Zone's music crashes the game.

Just tried it out, cleared GHZ Act 1 in 1:04, then I decided to do something else.

20. fdswerty

@RHS:

It's an leftover from an old hack of mine: "Sonic 1: Fucked up edition" It had more "fucked" features. I was trying to make the worst hack (Without stolen content, obviously) for the hacking contest 2012. I finished not entring it. I've recently found out the hack in my HDD, and I thought I could try to re-do-it again. But meh, this isn't the same as the other one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013