Sonic MBV

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Selbi, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

You know what's gay? Sonic 1. It sucks. It sucks so hard that merely looking at a screenshot makes me wanna puke. Time to finally fix that after over two decades.

Usually people write introductions in their show-off topics, but I've taken the liberty to put that into the actual hack.

Sonic MBV

(A simple and very short hack with a stupid concept created in 10 days. Enjoy!)

2. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

This is glorious.

3. SaunicBoom

SaunicBoom Well-Known Member Member

Better than the Sonic Boom hack.

4. Guest

just holy shit on this man. for a short hack, this is just badass in my book, especially the MMX song that was used. besides the flashing seisuring lights and all of the explosions, this has definitely become one of my new favorite hacks. yet another one to go to the collection.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  5. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

I guess the Polygon Jim Trophy might already be filled come contest time....

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

Hahaha this was awesome! Gave me a good laugh, especially the ending. Very nice job on this, Selbi.

7. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Anyone with epilepsy should avoid this. Except from that, it made me laugh. Nice work.

8. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Selbi, this is Sonic 1, as I truly imagined. I'm on the ground still crying from the perfection of this hack.

9. Mike B Berry

Mike B Berry A grandiose return Member

I like the widescreen vibe very much as well. Although its much more hilarious going through the second act while standing on spikes.... the badniks don't seem to harm Sonic for some reason though, not sure if this was intentional, but I love the ehack nonetheless.

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Genius, my dear boy, genius!!

11. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I like it! Here's the traditional Youtube video.

12. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

It was. I actually even wanted to make Sonic invincible to bottomless pits, so that there's no way you can lose, but I couldn't be bothered.

At last I'm featured on the channel of the guy who got me into hacking in the first place! Wohoo!
    I would've loved to hear your talking over it like GWolf, but I'm glad either way. :)

13. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

It's incredible, things have changed so much, you said I got you into hacking, now I'm the one who respectfully looks at you, I have no idea about how to do more than half of the things you did in your hacks. You can split my hack now if you want :U

14. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

I was laughing from start to finish of GHZ act 2. The text at the end of act 1 had me chuckling, the text at the beginning of act 2 had me laughing, and the when the numbers went into the negatives, I was rolling. I loved act 2 as a whole. Everything screamed you, from the splash screen, to the calm at act 1, to the explosions in act 2. My only complaint was it was a little too predictable (ex. I was able to call the "Everything" after the "What could possibly go wrong") but I don't give a shit about that, everything else was fantastic! DalekSam, the music was excellent as always, I always look forward to hearing you epic music in ANYTHING you're in. I don't know what else to go on about :p, so I'll just end it with: "The Michel Bay of Sonic hacks has done it again." 

15. KosmoF

KosmoF Masochistic epileptic FEMALE gamer! Member

I'm epileptic and I was perfectly fine with it; then again, none of Selbi's hacks have any affect on my epilepsy :D

16. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Better to be safe than sorry by warning people. I don't suffer with epilepsy so don't know the full ins-and-outs.

17. amphobius

amphobius spreader of the pink text Member

I'm not epileptic at all and I don't like the white flashes, they're too frequent, but I have problem with them even with just frequent jump-dashing with Hyper Sonic, so eh.

18. bobbysq

bobbysq Newcomer Trialist

Is there a way to access other levels? I really want to add more excitement to Final Zone.

19. SpeedofGarbage

SpeedofGarbage They lied! Member

This should be ROM hack of the year. All years.

I really like that music though.. Does anyone know what it's from?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
  20. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

DalekSam made it. It's not from any game, it's custom. Look in the credits of the hack, it's all there. 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.