General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solar

Solar What? Member

For some reason I don't like the graphics I made for SYZ.

And drew a new.

[​IMG]

Well as you?

Zone name: Night City

Comments are required :3

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  2. Starfruity

Starfruity Newcomer Trialist

I'm officially creeped out. That level design looks EXACTLY like a level I had made up as a kid, when I made up Sonic games for fun. A brick palace-like place in the sky with various emeralds on top of pillars. No joke. I swear, if you accidentally implement the boss I had planned for that level...

3. TheJeli

TheJeli Umm... Member

I wanted to make a level like that as well.

4. DiscoTheBat

DiscoTheBat Newcomer Exiled

After struggling with my crappy network connection, I managed to upload another thing, a second gameplay video for CPZ, including showing the bosses and the end of demo screen, I think you guys may like it. Click Here for Video.

5. Starfruity

Starfruity Newcomer Trialist

This is really cool! I've always wanted a complete Sonic 2 and Knuckles, rather than just Knuckles in Sonic 2. Is it going to be Sonic 2, then Sonic 3, then Sonic & Knux, like the complete story, or just Sonic 2 straight to Sonic & Knux? Also, are you going to improve the transitions between levels? I have some suggestions, if you'd like.

6. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

Looks great, and I eagerly await its completion, and not just because this could change the hacking community by putting S2 in S3&K's engine, which I believe I've seen before but it was pretty lacking. And please tell me when it gets much further along it'll merge with Sonic Classic Heroes.

7. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

I'm pretty sure it's just Sonic 2, but with Sonic 3 and Knuckles stuff in it (e.g. Title Card, Save Screen, Knuckles), nothing more.

EDIT: Sorry about my wording, Sonic 2 is running on a S3K engine, there are no S3K Ports. Sorry about the confusion. There is just no S3K levels in it. That's what I should just have said in the first place. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
  8. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Ralakimus, that's not actually accurate. It is, in fact, Sonic 2 assets running on a Sonic 3 & Knuckles engine. There are a couple of attempts at adapting Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 components to the S3K engine that are actively in progress, but are not publicly disclosed. Disco is the only one I can think of that has publicly demonstrated any progress on said efforts, so congratulations to her on doing so. Her public showings may have also Jumpstarted the motivation for other hackers with similar ideas, though, so who knows, we may see more of these projects coming out from the shadows in the future...

9. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

Now will Sonic 2 & Knuckles feature the removed levels (i.e. Hidden Palace)?

And as for S3&K, has anyone thought of turning the 2P Levels into fully-realized levels instead of just what they are now?

10. DiscoTheBat

DiscoTheBat Newcomer Exiled

I'm pretty sure it's just Sonic 2, but with Sonic 3 and Knuckles stuff in it (e.g. Title Card, Save Screen, Knuckles), nothing more.

Well, it's what Evanescence said, it is indeed S2 running on S3K engine and AFAIK, there are similar projects around the corner albeit they are using differents methods that I don't know, it's mostly they have their methods while I have mine's.

In meantime no, I plan to add those levels and in advance to the newer Sonic 2 release for IOS, I plan to redo the lost levels and give a touch in it, like adding new bosses and stuff, mostly based on bosses of the classic Sonic games, 1 and 3 albeit doing that after the hack gets completed, of course, I need to finish the main levels first to work on the lost levels one.

As for 2P levels, I currently use the S3K one but for adding the full levels into the game I would need to modify the object manager (or adapt the old S2 one).

11. Devon

I knew that it was Sonic 2 running on a S3K Engine, my wording was just bad. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
  12. Sonic master

Sonic master Well-Known Member Member

Anyone using Retro Graphics Toolkit?

I have not working on it in quite a while but today I though about it and fixed a few bugs.

You can read about it here

http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3480

Also I would like to point out that I do keep up to date windows binaries here

https://github.com/ComputerNerd/Retro-Graphics-Toolkit/blob/master/RetroGraphicsToolkit.exe.7z

To download all you have to do is click the link that says "view raw" (without quotes of course).

With that in mind I have gotten not that much feedback usally people are intrested then don't follow up.

What do people think of Retro Graphics Toolkit. Are there any features I should add to it?

Is it easy to use? Does anyone even use my program?

[​IMG]

13. Lone Devil

Lone Devil Internet War Veteran Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  14. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

very nice,  I love metal sonic flying in the title screen is very well done.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
  15. DevEd

DevEd A lol who occasionally doge nothing Member

Slightly modified copypasta from Sonic Games Dimension:

The rings act like coins. The slopes shown are somewhat broken due to the way Super Mario World's collision engine works, and the water is functional. Also, I haven't gotten to implementing the palette cycling yet. (Also, I even ported the loop graphics and the unused graphics!)

Also, a little something else that's more related to Sonic:

[​IMG]
    I managed to port Flying Battery Zone to Sonic 2. However, I was unable to port the original layout due to level size issues. But that's okay, because I had something else in mind anyway...

Cyber City / Genocide City Zone.

Why? It's because of a dream I once had where I was playing a prototype of Sonic 2 that had a copy of the aforementioned zone in it, but for some reason it looked exactly like Flying Battery Zone.

Also, I wanted to do something a little different than expected.
    The collision is broken as of right now due to the fact that Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 use different solidity/angle data. Also, this was done using only a data decompression/compression tool and SonED2.

Also, for some stupid reason I decided to use the level slot for Hidden Palace Zone for this. Derp.

EDIT: Also...

I tried using the program, but I couldn't get it to work.

Cool stuff. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but judging from the video, it looks like fun.

Also, what's next? Metal Sonic in Sonic 3D Blast? Metal Sonic in Chaot- oh wait.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
  16. Devon

I have actually thought about that, but I lost interest in it, though.

17. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

OK I made a new underwater palette for Utopian City. I'm quite happy with what I have, but ill show the old one and the new one. and tell me which you would prefer better. I won't tell you which is the new one, and which is the old. One of them was done without short cuts, and the other was made with a program. Wonder which one you will chose.

[​IMG]

.[​IMG]

No I did not edit or resize the screen shots, they are from Kega.

18. Crimson Neo

both are good but, the second one I like best an impression of a cleaner water.

19. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

me I would say go with the first one as I think that one fits more properly with the level. the second seems a little bit to bright like it's an ice level or something.

20. Crimson Neo

I'm back again with my Sonic 3 & Knuckles hack.

I would be happy with some criticism and comments.

EDIT: Special Thanks to Eletroball, for port musics.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.