General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I have to agree with MarkeyJester, at least to some extent. The songs are good, the art looks good, but the layout can use more work, it's too linear. I will also add that Sonic seems to change animations while running on slopes, you might want to double check the angles in your collision files, since you don't seem to use custom Sonic sprites I doubt you broke something else (e.g. like the ones who use the Sonic 3 sprites without accounting for the extra frames).

2. Solar

Solar What? Member

Thank you for the music of course, but thanks to one person, though, by two.

Ivan YO and S_T_D. :)

It was immediately indicate who wrote the music. D:

As stated, I will fix these problems in the layouts.

And I will do everything perfectly.

Although the time I have to spare. =/

With our Sonic is just okay, otherwise all the area it would have been raised on the slopes.

Here the thing collide, it must be configured, and the entire area after my intervention was not suitable and had to configure collide will try to fix this cant. And thanks for the comment.)

3. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Alright well I Have some new screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Shockwave

Shockwave 3 Time Stones Member

The first screenshot with the ghosts is looking absolutely brilliant, and your new palettes all look nice. Maybe a bit too much brown, but at least it all fits in. That last screenshot with Shadow looks interesting too.

5. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Alright Shockwave, ill finally answer lol The ghosts are not exactly SOZ yet, I re-used a badnik, not just art wise though. Also I can see why you say there is a lot of brown, probably should rethink a couple of the palettes so some dont feel the same. I like what I see with your banner for your hack too, looks awesome, cant wait to play!

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2014
  6. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

I've been working on my hack some more recently and have finally got some zones completed in terms of layout and such, so here's a few screenshots:

[​IMG]

It's nice to feel like I'm actually making progress.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
  7. Shockwave

Shockwave 3 Time Stones Member

Hey, there's never anything wrong with a bit of improvisation when you can make it difficult to notice. Especially in this case if you're using the badnik I'm thinking of (the ARZ fly badnik, given the FG scenery in that screenshot). And even though there is a lot of brown in the palettes, I wouldn't consider it that bad at all. It brings a dark atmosphere to all the environments which makes your hack stand out in a pretty good way.

Also, thanks for the feedback on my banner. Since my semester ends in a couple weeks, I'm hoping I can at least finish up a complete and polished GHZ demo in time for the hacking contest.

Your work is looking really good as well DAGarden. Looking more forward to playing these new layouts everytime you post something.

8. โบวี่

โบวี่ Tsingtao Enjoyer Member

I got a bunch of art done today. This is Hell's Pass Zone.

[​IMG]

I still need to replace the crystals, but what do you guys think of the rest of the art?

9. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

It looks:

[​IMG]

LIKE THE DEVIL!

But seriously, really sinister.

10. Guest

Absolutely loving those art edits there, along with the pallet for it. it gives off that creepy sinister vibe like your in a zombie temple or something. over all, looks great.

11. DevEd

DevEd A lol who occasionally doge nothing Member

Pretty cool, but if you ask me, the water is a little too dark.

...or is it blood?

EDIT: Never mind about the crystals.

12. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

Something I worked last 2 days (and still I'm working). In plans have make boss fights avaiable after passing all 3 acts in a zone, etc.

Pressing A when game is paused in a normal act makes Sonic return to level's map.

13. Cinossu

Cinossu A blend of secret herbs and spices Member

Ahh, hub zones are still all the rage, I see. An interesting method of entry to acts, making them monitors. A nice, original touch to an already-existing idea. Not sure on the graphics of your Main Zone, but otherwise all looking good so far.

14. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I haven't had a serious hack project for a while, not since April 2012 with Dr Robotnik's Creature Capture.

So, let's get hardcore now and catch up with the times a little:

[​IMG]

15. rika_chou

rika_chou Adopt Member

That looks amazing.  A new Jester's Challenge? I still have fun with the old one so I am interested. 

16. Guest

Loving that foregound art there. Looks very robotic and cybernetic. Only curious to know how the background art will look.

17. N30member

N30member non-pro user btw Member

Hmm, looks interesting. Looks like an overworld for compilation of your hacks.

EDIT: A little grammar edit.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
  18. Solar

Solar What? Member

My vacation was not long. =Р

Small progress zone SBZ.

Oh, one must now help to someone. 

What can you say? :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  19. TheJeli

TheJeli Umm... Member

That looks great! I think Sonic's rotation needs to be tweaked to fit the CPZ slopes a bit better, or just smooth the curves out a little more.

Also the doors at 0:40 look like they should be solid, try making them darker to fit into the background a bit more.

20. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

I am not working on a hack, but I'll leave one screenshot of what i am actually working on.

[​IMG]

As you can see, I am working on a disassembly for Sonic 3, alone. I am trying to make it look like Hivebrain's 2005 Sonic Disassembly, and not like the S3K GitHub disassembly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.