Odd concept for a hack, but hear me out...

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by Jareth247, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

I frequently dream of Sonic games, specifically those of the 16-bit era. In lieu of real-life levels, these dreams seem to focus on original ideas, albeit resembling classic Genesis Sonic games (typically always Sonic 3 & Knuckles).

And I also feel that I'm not the only one.

So I'm thinking of everyone sharing their Sonic dreams and trying to cull from that the basis for the foundation for a Sonic hack.

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

That's odd. My mate e-mailed me at work today saying he dreamt of a Sonic game idea for the MegaDrive and put it forward to me. And he hasn't done hacking in his life. And now you bring this up. Strange...

3. MASTERestlib

MASTERestlib Well-Known Member Member

thats odd, i dreamt of an idea for a sonic hack too, just came back here to post it. i havent done a single thing (other than switching music around in sonic 1 disasm) in my life. hack my hack for me?

/sarcasm

4. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

EDIT: Trash.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  5. KingofHarts

KingofHarts Well-Known Member Member

I've got ideas for levels that I'd thought of... would definitely share a couple with you...

6. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

Well, from my most recent Sonic dream, I dreamt of a level that basically married the industrial elements of Chemical Plant and Scrap Brain with the organic elements of Aquatic Ruin laced with the present and past versions of Sonic CD's Quartz Quadrant and a palette similar to Hidden Palace, with greens and browns and pinks and purples (basically a palette mashup of Hidden Palace from S2 and the present version of Collision Chaos from Sonic CD).

The basic idea is that it's a long-abandoned factory or some other industrial area that's partially submerged in water (and/or chemical waste?) and slowly being reclaimed by Mother Nature. But there are some areas that still hold onto their slick industrial look, though these areas are typically hidden.

Another area, which in my dreams I assumed was a boss area that was either the final boss or penultimate boss area. It's basically Sky Sanctuary with a different backdrop, depicting lush mountains, and one of the bosses is a variation of the Emerald Hill boss from Sonic 2.

7. Devon

Devon A̸ ̴S̴ ̵C̵ ̷E̶ ̸N̸ ̴D̶ ̵E̶ ̸D̶ Member

I had a dream one time where I was in all of the Ring Ride hacks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.