Sonic The Hedgehog: The New Ranger (2014)

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by Psycho RFG, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho RFG

Psycho RFG Well-Known Member Member

The other topic is very old, so time to start a new one....

This game joins the world of Sonic with the world of the Power Rangers.

You can see the new story sequence, that explain very well what is happening, you can see the great morphin' move looking better than never, you can see some bosses that are not present in the original Sonic 1 and the great big boss from the Power Rangers... Well, so here is the new video showing the game. Enjoy ;)

http://youtu.be/w0ojDgmBjpE

Here is a link to an old video for reference and you can see here some stuff not showed in this new video, but present on my game.

http://youtu.be/Mk1Uyq6qomg

2. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Incredible! There are a few things that yerk me a little, but that's simply a style preferrence.

Generally though, it looks rather solid and unique. Keep it up!

3. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

This so randomly awesome. Are you entering this into the contest this year? Very cool stuff (though for a moment, I thought Sonic would get his own Power Ranger suit upon transformation). I'm looking forward to when you release this!

4. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

I've seen people screwing up the aspect ratio of screenshots, but I won't even ask you how you managed to record a 328×228 video, there are broken/duplicated pixels all over the place because of this.

That said, I like what I see, you have great skills at what you're doing with this hack.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  5. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria Well-Known Member Member

This is really interesting, I like where this is going.

6. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

I remember seeing your older video of this hack, amazing work. :) I love the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, and hearing some tracks from the Genesis video game in your hack is awesome as well. Can't wait to play this in the future. ^_^

7. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus The Railgun Member

Academy City
    Looks to be a very well-built hack. It's not exactly a hack that appeals to me personally, but I can still recognize the superb workmanship that it presents. Keep going with it, keep the quality standards high, and keep impressing the crowd with your work.

8. Psycho RFG

Thanks to all for the kind words and opinions, good to see everyone notice the hard job I'm doing here, but a lot of great people are involved on this project, without them, that wouldn't be possible, so thanks to all of them ;)

I will show more stuff soon ;)

Until that, you can continue commenting about what you see ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  9. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

Is that some Toejam and Earl music I hear in Old Temple zone? :D

This hack looks like it's making great leaps and bounds, so keep it up.

10. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

I will (hopefully) get back to work on the art in the next week or two now my lung is no longer swollen and I can actually breathe without it being a struggle. Looks good so far.

11. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Nice! glad to see your still working on this. That last boss fight... wow that looks fun to place an impressive from a technical stand point. Keep it up!.

12. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

As much as I despise crossover hacks and Power Rangers, this one actually looks pretty cool.

13. Jareth247

Jareth247 Well-Known Member Member

Looks awesome!

Like everyone else I just gotta know... when's the release date?

14. Janus

Janus Newcomer Trialist

download link please.

15. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

So, is the Ranger form just provide a screen nuke and an instant invincibility, or is there going to be more to that that hasn't been shown off yet?

16. Psycho RFG

- To TheStoneBanana: Yeah!! It's the Toe-jam & Earl main theme, you can listen a lot of Sega classics themes on my game... do you recognize them?

- To StephenUK: It's good to see you feel better StephenUK :) And good to know you can back to work on that :p

- To Animemaster and Selbi: Thanks to all the nice comments about the game!

- To Janus: Still no download link available, it will when the game was finished, don't worry ;)
    It was planned to be released this year's contest, but still too much stuff left, so I will continue working on it... I saw that you left the same message on the YouTube channel... two times!!! Please, don't do that, asking one time is enought...

- To EpicElijahSpeedy: About the "Morphin' move", yeah, it destroy everything on the screen that can hurt Sonic (except stompers and things like that), it hits the bosses and it gives you some seconds of invincibility... Nothing more, at least for the moment.

17. haazimmansor

haazimmansor Newcomer Trialist

Hi,How To Control Morph?

18. Psycho RFG

To use the morph move you have to press the A button when you are on the floor and at very slow speed. You have a morph counter on the right-bottom corner that tells you how many moves you have. Of course, you can collect more if you find them. They are in monitor form, with the Ranger helmet icon. You can't use it during the drowning countdown or during the invulnerability time (when Sonic is blinking).

19. DwhitetheGamer

DwhitetheGamer You got a serious fight in your hands. Member

I've seen the entire video, and I gotta say, this hack is GREAT!  I like the pallettes in the zones and the music is good as well.  This hack has some potential to win an award in the SHC next year, if it isn't already submitted this year.

20. Arsen

Arsen Active Member In Limbo

OMG THAT WAS AWESOME. I CANT WAITING FOR LINK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.