Sonic 2: Return of Shadow

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by JoenickROS, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Oh well thank you, sorry if the website seems sloppy I'm new to this, Ill get better over time though lol

2. Chaotix

Chaotix Bad at Team Fortress 2 Member

The website looks really nice for a first timer! I made my website about me and my YouTube channel and mine was VERY basic when compared to yours! Good job!

3. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

You should let people know about the new version of the demo you posted on the website. Until I compared the music, I wasn't sure whether it and the first demo were the same or not.

4. Altair

Altair Newcomer In Limbo

But in the next version of hack art of Bomb Drop?

5. JoenickROS

Yeah but I'm not a sprite artist and I cant find any bomb sprites to fit the art style, and there is still the thought of art in the VRAM colliding, might make bomb dropping disabled when Tails has a shield, that's the only way around it I can think of.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. Altair

Altair Newcomer In Limbo

Will there be new levels in the next version?

7. Crimson Neo

Crimson Neo I changed a lot. Member

Stop asking about "next version", it's pretty annorying. You knew you need be a little patient?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  8. Naruto

Naruto Newcomer Trialist

9. JoenickROS

Are you confused or what the heck does that mean?

10. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

​Exactly what was the point of this? I can understand if it was for something related to the hack such as maybe bugs being found or something, But for a 3 month old bump with a post of just one word in it is just... no.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  11. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire Well-Known Member Member

​Fear not, it's been dealt with.

12. Jaypin

Jaypin Leader Of The Sapphire Squad Member

When the Official Release or another Demo comes out, and when you mentioned that The G.U.N Commander would be a playable character, I'm not sure If this would be an Idea but, what If compared to "Shadow The Hedgehog" (Gamecube/PS2) There could be Different Guns Instead to choose from? Especially with Shadow Himself. (It Kind of Sounds Crazy to me Somehow)

13. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

1) More than a month bump.

2) STOP asking when is the next version going to come out. It's annoying.

14. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Here is my "Let's Try" video of Return of Shadow!

Link

15. JoenickROS

Ok well first thanks for Playing RHS and second, please for the love of god anyone list any bug, place you got stuck, and unfair object layouts whatever, it doesn't matter, The only things I have gotten is its buggy and laggy, that is it, nothing to help me fix them. I'm going to respond to you as well Clownacy, since I can't on Retro because I am on my last post and don't want to use it for this. The part in CPZ has been addressed, thought it was better because I put the previous water level switch right next to the next water level switch, but I guess not. Also instead of telling me its buggy and slow, tell me what is bugged or what not, that's all I want, telling me its slow and buggy doesn't help me know how to fix or improve it. Also for those who say there isn't polish, I had 3 people play through this, and I fixed a lot of issues, and I went through it myself two times and fixed things, I do not understand how it is still considered unpolished, I've been very confused by the comments and any info would really help. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  16. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

The explosion graphic being overwritten with giant ring art, the insta-shield art being scrambled because of the insane amounts of lag, the bubble shield not bouncing, 'TIME' appearing behind the act results text for some reason, the animated art in the background of the act 1 boss being incorrect when it first comes onscreen, wrong palette on the boss' flames, signpost art not loading after the boss, special stage ring counts being all over the place. These are all bugs that can be consistently triggered through regular gameplay without even trying. Don't know what your playtesters have been doing, but when stuff's that obvious and abundant, it kinda diminishes the need for an exhaustive bug report.

Also, because the S3K HUD doesn't flash they way it does in S3K, things get festive when you have no rings.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2015
  17. JoenickROS

... Half of that was fixed in the contest version... You didn't even play the new version. See this is why I need a bug report, I fixed most of that and its still being called buggy, also I cant prevent the act 1 boss from doing that, I am loading a new palette for him, which replaces the background palette. unless I got rid of the animated art in the indoor chunks, that split second your seeing is because of the art re-loading. Also the sign post art just takes a little to load because of the nemesis decompression, its not really a bug, I just need a faster compression, might even be able to turn it into uncompressed. Also the explosion art is an issue but I didn't have time to do anything about it before the deadline, but I didn't think it was that much of an issue, I understand now though.

There is always a need for a bug report, it isn't possible for one person to find every single issue even with how many people did play test it. Also it really irritates me how you judged my hack based on the old version, when mine was in the contest.

18. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

I can happily provide you with a list of issues if you like:

• The title screen isn't clear as to what you are selecting. If you let a demo play, and come back, the icon for selecting game mode is now present (wasn't before) but it's garbled.
    • The ramps from SA2 don't work properly, with some strange collision issues on them. The collision is also a lot longer than the object itself.
    • Sonic's B-move (a stomp) goes into a dash forward which can be used to reach ridiculously fast speeds for no reason.
    • Sonic's peel-out has no charge time. You can release immediately for instant speed.
    • Bayside Atoll Zone in general suffers from objects disappearing when too many objects are on screen. This can happen quite easily near the start of Act 1, in the first tunnel area. It also happens in other areas.
    • You have too many monitors and enemies near big rings, which are then overwritten with big ring graphics.
    • Your spiked logs look like they are floating, and the spikes on most of them don't cover the whole log. It looks wrong, as a result.
    • The background of the first boss flickers as it's loading in graphics.
    • There's many issues with the first miniboss, such as the flames not being connected properly, the nose cone being cut off, the use of the wrecking ball for no reason, and the pinch phase, which is just stupid.
    • There's way too many explosions when the miniboss is destroyed. They flicker and disappear/reappear as a result.
    • The signpost art loads too late and is a mess when you first approach it.
    • Bayside Atoll Zone Act 2 has the same issue with smoke and explosions from the start; being overwritten with big ring graphics.
    • Some of the invincibility stars are overwritten with bubble graphics when you have a bubble shield.
    • The layout for Act 2 feels a bit haphazard; objects in strange places in quite a few areas and most loops Sonic runs in front of, not behind (either a path swapper or a priority issue).
    • The platform area just before the starpost before the boss still has weird collision where you can jump through and die by falling off the level. I reported this to you months ago and it's not been fixed.
    • The boss area's layout is straight from Sonic 2: Retro Remix. Is this a coincidence or not?
    • The capsule is in the floor too much.
    • Once hit, the text appears on screen but quickly disappears, so that all you see is 'SONIC GOT' on screen and nothing else.
    This was in one play-through of the first Zone. I think that, if you can't see these issues yourself, then you definitely need someone to do some thorough beta testing for you.

19. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Is it my fault you can't keep your links up to date?

20. JoenickROS

I did fix it though, I think I know what your talking about but I need a screenshot.

Coincidence, I don't understand why you think its stolen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.