Christmas Present

Discussion in 'Showroom Archive' started by CollinAB, Dec 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollinAB

CollinAB Active Member Exiled

2. N30member

N30member non-pro user btw Member

You did it like no one but you can use tutorials. And why Knuckles object is saved as .TXT, NOT .ASM? Don't you have Notepad++ or ConTEXT or something? Also, when I open built ROM in Regen, and choose Knuckles, after pressing "Start", the game crashes. Saxman's Sonic Boom engine is a lot better modified engine, and a lot better Christmas present for me (even in my country we don't celebrate Christmas). Even if I would hack Sonic 2, I would find nothing really useful here. But, if you really want to create the entirely modified engine, good luck with it. :)

3. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

S2: TRoC's engine is better than this...Knuckles object + all characters are the same object ID + S3K priority and rings managers + Flamewing's improved S3K sound driver + constant-time homing attack for Sonic + Tails flight (still working on that), among other things...

Oh, and a bunch of bugfixes. And it's based on the Xenowhirl disasm, so none of the shit the HG gives. And it doesn't crash upon loading any given character.

Sorry, but this needs a lot of work before I can consider it good.

4. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Provoking the Xeno VS Git debate, bragging, looking a gift horse in the mouth. Whatever happened to not "bashing the noobies"?

At least he's giving. It may not meet your god-like standards, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
  5. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

So, it contains a lot of things found in a guide then, nothing new or innovative. Last time I played through your hack I was very unimpressed and frankly I found it boring. You're hardly in a position to be bragging about your achievements, as I wouldn't consider them great achievements at all.

Now, while I don't necessarily agree with this topic in terms of the content on offer, as Clownacy said it's the thought that counts and I'm not going to discourage anyone from attempting to give to the community, however small or insignificant that offering is. It's a lot more than some people are willing to do.

6. Deadalive

Deadalive Newcomer Trialist

Excuse my ignorance, what is S2: TRoC? I have never heard of this.

7. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.