General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Not bad! to make it a little more challenging though, after you get into pinch mode and perhaps you have say 4 hits left, speed up the music and make the wrecking ball go round faster, other than that its good.

2. TrustyGun

TrustyGun Newcomer Trialist

Combine the Boss Pinch meter and the regular Boss meter into one; one half is red, the other is yellow.

3. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

Perhaps sonic 2's boss theme and the aforementioned Sonic Advance Pinch theme? I'd love to hear those two together!

4. nineko

nineko I am the Holy Cat Member

If you really want to use the Sonic 2 Boss music as the first theme, you can use this as the second theme.

I think the two themes are fine as they are now, anyway. I actually like how you used them, very much. The second theme fits perfectly with the change of pace. So I wouldn't recommend you to change them.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
  5. FFuser

FFuser a.k.a Darklight Member

I think the themes are fine as they are.

6. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

Copy from sonic games dimesion:

I decided that I will make this hack before continuing sonic north island. This is just a learning experience for me to learn ASM.

Oh and C&C as always.

Edit: I will add SSRG's Splash if I turn into a member after my 20 posts.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
  7. Spanner

Spanner The Tool Member

Please stop using that soniNeko music pack. It's being overused enough to a point where I'd probably end up playing without audio.

8. Pacca

I decided that I will make this hack before continuing sonic north island. This is just a learning experience for me to learn ASM.

Oh and C&C as always.

Edit: I will add SSRG's Splash if I turn into a member after my 20 posts.

Damn! I was planning on making a spike proof shield XD

Those DAC implemented voice effects could get really annoying, particularly the injured, death, and jumping sounds (Particularly the jumping sound). I'm not saying remove them entirely, just make sure they aren't overused.

That name is just asking for custom art. I'd suggest using mushroom hills vine graphics here and there, to spice things up (although It would probably be more impressive if you made your own graphics, I personally suck at it so my direct suggestions are limited to stealing art from other games XD)

Sonic has broken sprites following him when he's invincible. He's already got SPARKLES, so I don't see why the added effect is necessary.

9. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

@spanner

As with all my hacks all the music will be changed before final release. they are just place holders (except for Level clear that's final)

@Pacguy

For the sound I am going to have a 50-50 percent chance of one sound or the other for jumping.

As for invincibility that's a glitch that I can't figure out... All I did was separate shield and star sprites and gave them their own mappings and animation files. Some times it does that sometimes not. That vine idea is awesome! The name btw is an inside joke between me and my friend.

10. LooneyDude

LooneyDude Back after a long absence! Member

YES!!!

Paper Mario is my favorite game of ALL TIME! I'm glad to see an extensive hack of it. Props to you!

11. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

You bastard; you used the exact same music for the boss and the boss pinch as I did for my Gem Runway boss =P

12. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Since this is a WIP, I will post it here instead of in my hack thread. Bugs I already know about, the signpost plays rapidly, this is because of the test, I will implement the rest on a later date.

Edit: Trying to prove some worth.

13. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

More time Travel!, damn it feels like since I've been working on my Sonic CD styled hack all I see is time travel!. Looks like a really good port of metallic madness, I don't think Carnival night fits in the stage but it was funny to hear there.

14. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

I was inspired by Shockwave's hack to try to attempt this myself. He also has helped me understand some things from him helping me with some other character moves,(that I will show later) anyway I'm actually surprised at myself that I could do this. Also just like the star post, the invincible stars, and the music in MMZP, are all place holders. Also as a note, time travel will only be accessible in the SCD ports. Also thanks for the feedback, I don't see this very often, so thanks for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
  15. Solar

Solar What? Member

Thanks! :р

====================

Also

[​IMG]

EDIT: Post update.

Comments? :в

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  16. Pacca

It looks too similar to the previous zone you showed off, and the caterkiller looks out of place. I'd like to say more, but that's all you've shown us :s

17. Solar

Solar What? Member

Caterkiller for beauty. =P

But in General, I have the chronology. First the land base of the EBZ. Then Sky fortress MSZ. And then the space fortress SHZ aka Scrap Brain

In General, I just love the plant... :В

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  18. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I say your art does impress me and you can put peices together. But I agree with Pacguy; this does look a bit too similar to your other level.

19. Guest

Looking at your art there, Kinda Have to agree with Pac as well. I will say however that I do like the bg. reminds me of the one from the Snes version of Sparkster from the second level.

20. DumbLemon

DumbLemon am back Member

Finally got some time to work on my hack and it has been a long time since I updated any progress on it so here is a screenshot. Anyway here is a palette test.
    [​IMG]
    I think that it looks ok apart from the shadow under the grass and in the loop. C&C is appreciated.

Here is a palette that Thomasspeedrunner let me use. It looks great and fits the zone.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.