General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

It's one of them newfangled waterproof Xperia Z's... I hope.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Sony Xperia Z1.  Sony's flagships have been waterproof for almost 2 years now and Samsungs flagships have also been waterproof recently; where've you been, Spanner? =P

3. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

Moar progress :v

As usual, any and all murdering of video quality is solely the fault of Youtube. Also, the music's not supposed to be there; I'll change it once I actually compose the track.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  4. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

It's great for a start. It looks a little blandish right now, but it would fit right in with a good background and some well built level design. I'd just keep building the level around what you have.

5. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

With a good background, I'm sure the visuals will *pop* a whole lot more, but you run the line of either having the background blend in or contrast too much.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  6. Stardust

Stardust [screams in cat] Member

@Thorn Glad to see that S2RR is still W.I.P :) @ThomasSpeedRunner Nice FG, Hope to see a BG soon.

7. Deadalive

Deadalive Newcomer Trialist

Making some progress on my hack. At this rate Labyrinth will be the only zone with heavy alterted art. Tails icon.name will be altered and the plain blocks are just temp for now. If anyone would be so kind as to convert Sonic 4 Lost Labyrinth Act1 or 2 to SMPS and send it to me I would be appr[​IMG]eaciative.[​IMG]

8. Hitaxas

Hitaxas Retro 80's themed Paladins Twich streamer Member

Taking a break from level art and such to mess about with this:

Originally I planned to have a SEGA screen that was a nod to the one from Ultimate Soccer:

[​IMG]

My original attempt was to use the art from that and add a few more colors to it:

[​IMG]

I now feel that it looks horrendous, thus I've done a little something using the original artwork piece, shrunk it down, ran it through imagenesis then used photoshop to edit the palette and do a few hand edits. Here is the result. :

[​IMG]

It's not perfect but it's the best I could do for now. I might touch it up more later.

9. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

Some of the shading could definitely be touched up on, but it looks great as is. You could use it right now, and no one would think the lesser of you (on the contrary :3).

10. ElectricSparx

ElectricSparx Active Member Member

Wow, that's a nice Labyrinth Zone. I like it.

11. DumbLemon

DumbLemon am back Member

I think I have almost finished GHZ's layout so I thought I would start working on the design again.

[​IMG]

As you can see I went for a fall theme. Flowers are WIP btw. 

C&C appreciated.

12. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

@Deadalive: Holy hell, custom art! That's something I haven't seen much of outside of my own hack for a while. Regardless, I can tell a lot of effort went into this. Nice work! Here's to hoping the rest of the hack looks as good as this by the time it's fully complete and released.

@hitaxas: Huh. A new SEGA screen. About time somebody made one. I like it. Could definitely be shaded a bit better, but pretty good nonetheless. Interested in seeing what direction you take it in. Could look awesome or flat-out bad depending on how much you shade it and how consistent the shading is.

@DumbLemon: Hmm...seeing as it's only a color change, from what I'm seeing, I can't really say much about it, but the colors blend somewhat well together. A bit more work and the palette itself as it is could look awesome tied in with some new zone art.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  13. โบวี่

โบวี่ Tsingtao Enjoyer Member

14. AkumaYin

AkumaYin Well-Known Member Exiled

That sounds pretty neat! Did you make it directly in SMPS, or did you make a MIDI and port it in?

I could probably port Lost Labyrinth Act 1 for you if you wanted it; I have a nice little MIDI file lying around just waiting to be made into an SMPS rendition =O

15. MaDSkull

MaDSkull Lycanthrope Member

16. N30member

N30member non-pro user btw Member

Not bad palettes, and Mephiles is nice too. Good luck with it. C:

17. Misinko

Misinko Oh SHIT it's the Biolizard! Member

Eh, the palette looks kinda boring. The colors aren't very vibrant, and that brings out a dull feel to the level. Try livining it up a bit.

18. Viva La Luna

Viva La Luna A.K.A. crypt0nymous Member

I like the palettes, although you can put work more on it. I also liked the level select background.

I could say "I'm waiting more of it" but I know that the school doesn't let you do anything... :p

also, happy birthday! :)

19. MaDSkull

MaDSkull Lycanthrope Member

I like the palettes, although you can put work more on it. I also liked the level select background.

I could say "I'm waiting more of it" but I know that the school doesn't let you do anything... :p

also, happy birthday! :)

Thanks ,bro ;)  unfortunalety, it's true. School doesn't let me do more. anyway I have 2 days to work and I can do something :p

Thanks to all!

20. Deadalive

Deadalive Newcomer Trialist

@Xeta I have 2 midis for each act and looping them is no big deal its getting the "voices" to sound right ingame. If you can make a looped good sounding smps I will give of course gice you credit upon release

@Thomas Thanks, I appreaciate you notice the work I put into the art. All zones except Scrap Brain have some form of altered or added art, plus modified/new Sonic, signpost, lamppost, monitor, and spring art just to name a few

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.