General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

In principle it is quite good for the beginner in editing graphics. Of course there are defects such as shortage of volume in some details and small detalization of graphics. And so it was pleasant to me!

2. HackGame

HackGame The ROM Hacker Member

Not only I added Super Sonic, but I extended GHZ1

EMK-20218 likes this.
  3. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

Beta version the boss.

Big thanks to Vladikcomper for providing the music.
    Boss Music - Adventures of Batman and Robin (Big Boss) SMPS Port by Jet.

Video:

4. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

TheBlad768, I love this boss theme and nice idea for the boss. Thank you for showing what is this SMPS from - I searched the source of this SMPS for the long time!

5. vladikcomper

vladikcomper Well-Known Member Member

That's probably something I should've programmed for the final boss in Sonic 1 Megahack Ultra Edition.
    Superb work and the music suits quite well, too!

EMK-20218 likes this.
  6. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

THIS IS GREAT! Those bugs needs to be fixed, but Super Sonic itself seems to be work well except for the mappings that should've fixed after the transformation phase. Sonic seems to be loading the Sonic 2's Sonic mappings after the end of the transformation. Except for this tiny detail, you made a very nice job with the Super Sonic port and with the layout. Awesome!

I'm used to don't to like too much how the songs with FM-based drums sounds in Sonic games, but this one fits well. I like the music choice (Jet and Vladik are always doing great jobs on choosing songs for events) and the boss itself is incredible. When I first saw it, I thought that should come some repetitive boss or something like this. But I was wrong... completely wrong. This boss fits nicely to the proposal of how a last boss should be. One of the parts specifically made me to remember the first act boss from Death Egg Zone Act 1 in Sonic & Knuckles. Wonderful job!

HackGame likes this.
  7. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Blood Factory Zone in Sonic 1 Nightmare Edition.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  8. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

So bloody palette... Makes me drink more blood and devour more souls. <3

ArcaniaCQ and NiphFM like this.
  9. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

We decided to change the Special Stages a bit. More information in video's description. Comments and feedback, as always is welcome.

10. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Painto that looks like my favorite kind of Special Stage from the 8-bit games. I do like how it looks so far so keep going. Also The ring goals seem too much imo but I guess that's just me.

EMK-20218 likes this.
  11. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

So I've put my Sonic 1 master system hack on hold to work on Sonic 2 Remixed again. Since someone on Youtube is working on a Tails in Sonic 2 SMS hack, and didn't know how to edit the title card mappings I took the liberty of documenting how the mappings are set up. In the process of doing so, I went ahead and renamed some of the zones in my Sonic 2 hack as well as updated some palettes too. (The guide was posted on Facebook... I'll get around to sharing it here soon.) Also Acid Hills Zone's palette isn't final, I'm going to change it and I need to fix the first half of the first Act since something seems to be messed up. :V Also the glitchy title screen is due to me using cheat codes to go to different levels, this issue happens with vanilla Sonic 2 as well. Finally I didn't notice that the beetle badnik shows up at the beginning of Magma Mines, so I'll need to fix that as well.

EMK-20218, Jdpense and Animemaster like this.
  12. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

[​IMG]
    Nice to see some 8 bit work, that's rare. Speaking of 8-bit...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The explanation point doesn't doing anything at the moment since I have no plans for special stages.(Any suggestions?) When you have a least 100 rings over the post you get the Sonic post and an extra life.

[​IMG]

Devon, ArcaniaCQ, Crimson Neo and 3 others like this.
  13. Narcologer

Narcologer Hell angel Member

Graveyard-themed zone returned to my hack with new art:
    GCZ.jpg

Jdpense, std282, FохConED and 4 others like this.
  14. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

I like the mario hills in the back.

15. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

Genocide City returns! Hopefully theres no high pitched sounds in the music xD

16. Narcologer

Narcologer Hell angel Member

I think I'll give another name to this zone (like Dead land zone). Does it sound cool?

17. Burst

Burst You call this a connection? Oh, give me a break. Member

I would call it Cemetery Castle.

18. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

Death Marble Zone.

EMK-20218 likes this.
  19. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

I really like the look of that special stage. It's nice to see a nod to Sonic 1 (Master System/Game gear version) that works in the way it does.

There's a few things that could do with a little tweaking, though. I'll quickly list them here:
    • The spiral bumpers. When they are hit, do they change visually? It's a small thing, but even if a colour flashed, or the art changed size slightly, it would look a bit nicer. At the moment, apart from the sound effect, there's little to make me think they are a bumper, and not just a wall.
    • The monitors are a nice throwback, but obviously, when broken, the remains of the monitor float in the air. In Sonic 1 (SMS/GG), the monitor art disappears completely when broken, so it doesn't look too bad. Maybe it's something you could consider changing somehow?
    • The ring requirement is a little harsh considering the amount of rings available. The time amount is fine, but when it came to clearing the 3rd checkpoint, the ring requirement was 205, with hardly any rings left. It felt more like a later special stage in difficulty (Not the first). Unless it is; in which case, ignore me.
    • The music port isn't too bad, but it's got some strange noises to it at times that are quite painful to the ears (About 2:09 in the video, for example).
    However, it's still a very good looking special stage, so good job, Painto maniak. I look forward to more progress on the project.

EMK-20218 likes this.
  20. Jdpense

Jdpense Custom Title Member

Now I also have a little something that I was currently working on for my S3K Coop hack:

- A new and improved options menu.

[​IMG]

- A new and improved chaotix tether.

[​IMG]

- Some new moves such as a hold charge up!

[​IMG]

- And a player pick up!

[​IMG]

- A brand new combi ring (works like in Chaotix)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FохConED, Painto, EMK-20218 and 7 others like this.