Bring Back the Sonic 3 Sound Driver Guide

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by ProjectFM, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

There was a guide that had a working version of Sonic 3K's sound driver that was made to be put in Sonic 1 that I used in my hack because the driver code in the guide on Sonic Retro didn't work. I tried changing extra life song number in my hack but ended up changing something that caused some sound issues. I wanted to change it back but I had no backup of the code and the guide was taken off the site during its move to XenForo. I'd like that guide brought back if possible or another copy of the file used in it that held the driver code.

2. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

Are you talking about the MEGAPCM driver or another S3 driver?

3. Devon

Devon I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Member

MegaPCM =/= Sonic 3 sound driver. He's talking about a tutorial that ported Sonic 3's sound driver to Sonic 1. MegaPCM is just a DAC driver for Sonic 1.

4. DanielHall

DanielHall Well-Known Member Member

5. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

I can't believe I didn't see that. It doesn't show up when searching through Google and I thought it would be in the approved section because it used to also be in the guides section of the forums which held only a few of the most useful guides. Thanks, Dandaman!

Edit: The admins should go ahead and lock this thread. I don't think there is anything else to discuss :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.