SonLVL

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by MainMemory, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Unused Account

Unused Account Well-Known Member Member

Updating SonLVL + downloading the Spritesheet Generator set off my anti-virus (I use Avast).
    I disabled it for the time being and downloaded it, but now I can't open SonLVL unless I disable my anti-virus.

2. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

I have no problem with SonLVL + Avast. But you can set SonLVL as exception in Avast, so it does not check it for viruses. I do not have an English version so I cant give exact tutorial, but you can find an icon that looks like a folder in settings, click the blue link, and go to "exceptions" or the like.

Unused Account likes this.
  3. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha RIGHT! Naebody move! Root Admin

Also having an issue SonLVL and Avast. The comper.dll file in the lib64 folder is being tagged as being malware.

4. MainMemory

MainMemory Well-Known Member Member

If you aren't using Comper, then just delete the lib32/lib64 folders. This probably wouldn't happen if someone could make a C# version of the Comper code...

5. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

I have the same issues but with Kaspersky instead.

6. MainMemory

So, I've separated the Comper support into a separate download, because several people were reporting that they were either unable to download SonLVL, or had usage of it blocked by their antivirus software. It will remain separated until someone ports it to C#, where it should be just fine like all the other compression types.

LuigiXHero likes this.
  7. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

Oddly enough kaspersky still doesn't like the sonlvl and level converter downloads.

8. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

I've got a separate problem: Because the S12005 INIs are obviously incomplete, I am not able to make new layouts for the later 3 stages. Could you please fix this because I really want to use this brilliant program.

9. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

What do you mean? The last three zones may be lacking object definitions, but they're still modifiable.

10. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

Edit them yourself. They're not too hard to edit and every file can be edited using Notepad.

11. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

So I found an object that is set to the wrong default for the sprite state in the object definitions. The invisible block should be set to false on remember sprite state, they are set on true by default and when they leave the screen they get deleted. If you want to change it to be false by default, go to your disasembly/Sonic 2 2007 INIs/common/InvisibleBlock.cs open it in whatever text editor you prefer, and find these lines.
    Code:
    public override bool RememberState
            {
                get { return true; }
            }
    Change True to False and your done. Don't forget to save the file of course.
    As a note the object is now known as unknown in the editor and the picture for it is gone, just restart sonlvl fully and it will be fixed.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  12. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

I do have 2 minor problems & I think it started when I first downloaded sonlvl on a different computer, then started using it on another. Problem is also on sprite sheet generator.
    I tried the Sprite sheet generator & it crashed. So I created a .bat file to find an error
    Unhandled exception: System.Exception: INI file error: Value " ?"already exists in group "".
    Line 3 system.ArgumentException an item with the same key has already been added.
    The file path that keeps being brought up was from the vista computer that went kaput. My computer don't have that file path. But the file path is...
    C:\users\***\Documents\github\sonlvl\sonlvlapi\inifile.cs ...\iniserializer.cs ...\Spritesheetgen\program.CD
    Is the problem "wrong file path" or something?
    I deleted EVERYTHING & redownloaded everything, opened it first on the computer I use now
    This one gets in the way, however problem 2 don't.
    Every time I kick up Son of I I get the error
    System.net.webexceptions, the remote name could not be resolved
    However same file path comes up with the name "mainform.cs"

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  13. MainMemory

Unless you built SonLVL on your old computer, those paths are from my computer, as an aid to me when debugging. Your problem would appear to be an improperly formatted INI file.

14. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

15. MainMemory

No, you have the program completely backwards. SpriteSheetGen generates a sprite sheet image from art/mappings/etc, what you want, is something like MarkeyJester's Sprite Plotter.

16. warr1or2

warr1or2 I AM CLG Member

Oh OK.
    (Why was I thinking vice versa)
    Maybe this would make converting S3's sprites to sonic 1 & vice versa.
    I'll give it another whirl

17. MainMemory

18. MaximumHack

MaximumHack Now with 100% more anime girls! Trialist

yes

Now I can develop my dream sonic hack, Sonic 3 and Knuckles Intense Survivation

As long if it's easy to use or become easier to use.

19. Unused Account

Unused Account Well-Known Member Member

Depends what you mean by easy to use.
    You're probably not going to be able to create your 'dream sonic hack' off the bat anyway, unless it's just gonna be a plain hack with some good level edits which SonLVL assists in doing (I doubt your dream hack's just level edits).

Where it stands, Sonic hacking isn't exactly 'easy', but tools by byootiful people like MainMemory here are making it a little more welcoming I suppose. Good luck with your 'dream hack'.

20. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Already made mine thanks to a Sonic 3 and Knuckles Disasm. So yea. SONLVL isn't everything.