I WANNA ADD INSTA SHEILD TO SONIC 1 LEL

Discussion in 'Discussion and Q&A Archive' started by CollinAB, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollinAB

CollinAB Active Member Exiled

I'm working on a sonic 1 hack to celebrate Sonic's 25th Anniversary.

Things already in the hack:
    Jumpdash
    Homing Attack
    Sonic 3 sprites
    Spindash
    MegaPCM

Things I plan to add:
    Insta Shield

I decided not to add the peelout.

How can I add the Insta shield?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  2. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

You would need to port the insta-shield object from Sonic 3 and Knuckles and other code involving the insta-shield (like object collision) and then you would need to fix it up to be compatible with Sonic 1 (object RAM is arranged a bit differently in Sonic 3K than in Sonic 1).

Either that, or you can recreate it yourself. In which, you will need to make an insta-shield object that is activated when appropriate, and then you would set up object collisions so that objects are affected by the shield.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Jdpense, warr1or2 and ThomasThePencil like this.
  3. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden Sonic CD's Sound Test Member

First of all; please don't make your topic title in pure caps. It doesn't look very good.

Second, what research have you done in trying to add the insta-shield yourself? All I see is a simple question of asking how to add it to your hack, with nothing in the way of research or understanding presented beforehand.

It's nice that you're working on a hack to celebrate Sonic's 25th anniversary and all, but all this thread really is, at the moment, is a list of things you claim to have added to a hack, and a list of things you want. It doesn't really seem to warrant it's own thread, if I'm being honest.

4. Tornado

Tornado Active Member Member

it's too easy.. PM me

AsuharaMoon and EMK-20218 like this.
  5. MaximumHack

MaximumHack Now with 100% more anime girls! Trialist

It's really hard to add a homing attack, and there's a video tutorial for it, I think.

6. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    Fuck off. When people say what you said, that generally means you've lifted the code from somebody. I swear, you thieving cunts. Let him learn how to do it. All his shit has been from copy and pasted guides that are readily available, don't promote laziness with stolen code you just give away.

7. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

No you little fucktard its easy. All you need to do is add "move.w #HA_Closest_Object,$31(a0)" after "Obj01_Jump"! Its so easy and everyone is telling its hard thing to do, what noobs!

8. SuperEgg

SuperEgg I'm a guy that knows that you know that I know Member

THE BEST GOD DAMN STATE OF TEXAS
    You're a cunt. That code isn't open to the public, that is straight stolen from somewhere. It's easy to copy and paste code from shit, asshat.

I hope you choke on a 12 inch dick. You're the worst kind of person. I could get over you using stolen code, but you promoting use of it instead of learning how to make your own homing attack. What does he learn from copy and pasting code? Not a fucking thing.

Lastly, don't you dare call me a fucktard, I've been around long enough to know how shit goes down. I don't mind ensuring your end.......

Natsumi, you're a real piece of shit m8 =P

9. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

Hey now, I've been around long here too, so I know how shit goes down here you twit. Yes I would like to choke on a 12 inch dick, but it has nothing to do with me educating the noobs here. If you want to call education "promotion of use of stolen content" then be my quest, but you are very wrong and very stupid and I dont like you. So honk your ass to some other thread, thank you very much!

FireRat likes this.
  10. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

I've been here since 2003, so I've learnt by now when to lock a topic when a couple of idiots have been going on at each other sarcastically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.