General Screenshot/Movie Thread (Archive)

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Cinossu, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Test, please ignore this post.  Testing for double (triple) posts...

2. Psi

Psi Well-Known Member Member

[​IMG]

Nearing completion now. Just need a few more sprites done and to tweak a bit of coding and I can have an early build ready. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  3. ThomasThePencil

ThomasThePencil resident psycho Member

​damnit, somebody did genesiscraft before me
    welp, I might as well do a thing and ask:

How did you get each block to be solid? Are they separate objects or part of the chunks?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  4. Pacca

Pacca Having an online identity crisis since 2019 Member

They're just chunks, it's not exactly dynamic in the classic Minecraft sense. I was inspired to do it just because they had the exact same sprite size as a block, a little thing I discovered while messing with Robotnik Returns (Pollutant Plant has minecraft dirt art integrated into the level :p). I doubt such a thing would ever work with dynamic objects, the flicker would just be awful...

I'm sure messing with the way the chunks work could do it, though, this hack proves as much.

5. EMK-20218

EMK-20218 The Fuss Maker Exiled

The rebirth of a legend.

Did I do the things at the correct way now?

6. EMK-20218

The rebirth of a legend.

Did I do the things at the correct way now?

7. ElectricSparx

ElectricSparx Active Member Member

So... how to make Green Hill harder: Put spikes in random places, add more badniks where they're not particularly needed, and remove most bridges?

As a matter of fact, why is this called "Sonic Harder Levels," doesn't a hack by that name already exist in a more complete format?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  8. Slash

Slash Well-Known Member Member

This is v1.2 of Emerald Coast so far. I've made a ton of progress within the past 4 days.

9. ElectricSparx

Looking nice!

On a side note however, you might want to come up with titles for your videos, even if they're just stuff like "<Something> Test #4,329"

10. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

​It looks nice but I've been wondering, why are there very few original levels in Sonic Generations mods? It seems that all everybody is trying to do is recreate every Sonic game but I want to see what people can do with the engine

11. Slash

Slash Well-Known Member Member

​I actually left the title on this video on purpose, as the video itself is not public.

12. ElectricSparx

I've seen private testing videos with actual titles rather than filenames though. :p

13. EMK-20218

Yes. What did you expect? Different levels? Different art? Different music? Extra characters, super peel out, spindash and homing attack and completely different level layouts, new sprites and lots of differently programmed things? Alrighty. :v

Oh, so didn't you know that I am also known as Eduardo Knuckles or maybe you didn't check my nickname's history in my profile. Well... I am. And Eduardo Knuckles (ehw... me!) is the author of the Sonic 1 Harder Levels rom-hack.

So, yes. there's another hack called Sonic 1 Harder Levels in the community. If you was in the community between 2007 to 2013 you certainly saw that I had important reasons (which aren't the case right now) to restart the hack project from the scratch.  I forgot to mention that the more "complete" (I would say... BROKEN) version of this hack was already cancelled and it was completely broken and went completely out of the Difficult Levels purpose. You was kinda misinformed, so I kept the things clean for you. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  14. ElectricSparx

Oh, I've been out of the loop for a few months. I apologize. Wasn't aware SSRG's software let you change your screen name now.

Also I expected actual difficulty, not something that some novice hacker could do in like, 30 minutes tops with SonLVL or something. :V I mean, I know it's a prototype but come on, you gotta show us more than that.

15. Stardust

Stardust [screams in cat] Member

So, its a reboot? Cool. I guess it's just gonna be a layout hack? Correct me, if I'm wrong. Keep the good work up, Eduardo!

16. TheStoneBanana

TheStoneBanana banana Member

Today, for whatever reason, I decided to try and make the Sonic 1 beta warp somewhat functional again. Here's the result! IF I would ever use this for a hack or anything, I'd obviously add a check for 50 rings and whatnot.

17. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun Visible Member

Now I imagine a hack that uses the Sonic CD time travel method to access Special Stages...

18. ElectricSparx

​Am I the only one who thinks this'd be a great little feature in Gotta Go Fast Edition? :p

19. Chaotix

Chaotix Bad at Team Fortress 2 Member

There are so many double/triple posts on this thread I can't even count.

Anyway, good job recreating it!

20. EMK-20218

​Yes, you're not wrong. Haha!
    The first Sonic 1 Harder Levels was supposed to be a layout hack only, because there were no public advanced things to be added to it yet. In their first plans, the hack was created in purpose of to show how long I could go with the level layout and object positioning editing. I started adding new stuff because of the people requests I was always hearing. The fact is that I lost the focus and the hack started to even to don't to look difficult anymore. I planned this reboot for make the hack as it should never have ceased to be. Let's see how it will go on from now. :)

​Yeah, man. The forum allows the nicknames to be changed. But there's no problem on the mistake, dude. Don't worry, it happens. :)

You're true about the layout, but I'll change it a lot still. I'm accepting any suggestions about details on how to improve it. Actually, the layout itself wasn't changed. I just did small changes in the object placements. A lot more was made, but I still can't spoil it too much. Thanks again, dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.