Late posts?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback Archive' started by MarkeyJester, Apr 29, 2016.

1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I have noticed this a few times, and at first, I thought I was just misunderstanding a logical system. But I've come to realise that there seems to be a problem with updating the newest/latest posts.

As in, I've woken up, gotten ready for work, and am browsing the board before I leave. I come across a thread with new posts. Someone's posted a thread at 7am roughly, there are no other posts after that, that is the newest post (that I have not seen yet mind), so I read it, and then I respond. When I post, and find that another post pops up right after that 7am one, but before mine.

The first instinct is "oh, ninja'd", but his post is at 8am, I've just posted mine at 1pm... Why did the 8pm post not appear right away? (Please note, I didn't see that 7am post, as the last time I viewed the thread was before that, so the 7am post is new to me, just as the 8am post is, so it's not a "I'm a retard and didn't cleared my caché/or didn't refreshed" thing, this is the board only giving me half of the new posts in the thread).

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm certain it's not just me.

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Err... I'm confused. First of all, what time do you start work? I'm guessing near 1pm if you posted at that time, but you said you woken up... so do you work in the mornings? I'm not following seeming as you said you read/reply before work when you woken up, but at 1pm =P

Secondly, you said 8am, then 8pm... I'm guessing you meant to put 8am again as that's near 7am.

But anyway, I haven't come across this issue myself.

3. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

When on phone this issue is actually on my end aswell. But not when I am on pc.

4. Ayla

Ayla Sonic Hacking Contest Founder & Commentator Member

We may have narrowed this down. I've only experienced this once -- in regard to one of Markey's posts no less -- and it was on my phone as well. Never on my PC. I use Opera Browser on my phone and on my PC, though. Not sure what could be causing it or if it's nothing more than a correlation.

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

Just so we're clear, I don't own or use a phone.

6. StephenUK

StephenUK Working on a Quackshot disassembly Member

Never had this happen to me personally. In an effort to narrow it down, what browser do you use? Just wondering if it could be a browser related issue.

7. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Let's hope you don't ever go missing then =P

Well I use Chrome at home and Internet Explorer at work (I'm on my lunch break) and do not experience issues.

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester ♡ ! Member

I'm actually using Firefox, if you want a specific version number: 45.0.2,

As for going missing, never redhot. Because unlike the rest of the human race who have since forgotten how to navigate their way through life without technology to hold their hand, I myself don't take what I have for granted.

redhotsonic likes this.
  9. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

I use Chrome on phone and on computer I use both Chrome and Firefox (Same version as Markey I believe?)