Random hack/Mini project thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by DanielHall, May 24, 2010.

1. NiphFM

NiphFM Host of the Mega Drive Music Contest Member

Thank god I'm not epileptic or Spring Yard would have killed me! Are the cycling palettes intended?

โบวี่ likes this.
  2. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Yes and This hack also combines the best ideas for special stages ever...

NOT.

3. KosmoF

KosmoF Masochistic epileptic FEMALE gamer! Member

A hack of not only an 8-bit Sonic game, but of my favourite one?

Ravenfreak likes this.
  4. ArcaniaCQ

To go back to when this started it was known as the Non Spindash Challenge? Now It's called Sonic 3 and Knuckles The Sonic 1 Challenge. I got this idea when I was younger that I could beat Sonic 3 and Knuckles without using the spindash once. In all the stages unless the ones after Mushroom Hill. But came quick to an assumption it was impossible after act 2 of Hydrocity Zone. So when I joined here. I got to finally work on that. So this is the Sonic 3 and Knuckles Sonic 1 Challenge...

DOWNLOAD

Changes.
    HCZ and MGZ act 2 has large level layout changes.
    MHZ, MGZ and ICZ has walls removed due to the spindash move.
    Small changes to Sonic and ??? The Echidna. (From Sonic 1 Nightmare Edition)

Enjoy.

5. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Hyper Sonic in S1 (with Spindash)

This has most likely been done already but it was something I wanted to do when I started hacking, 4 years ago. Also I was bored and had nothing to do. Also played a hack a while back that did this, but had no super sprites, and the deformation in some levels were fucked up.

Ps. You only need 5 rings to start Hyper Mode, no emeralds required. (also used the git disassembly and its a mess, it took longer than expected to do this because of how too organized the disassembly is).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  6. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Shame you haven't waited another week until you posted, because then you'd be exactly six years late (mirror). :p

What I would like to see is someone making a full replication of the original Hyper Sonic, all up there with the stars. I haven't seen anyone, myself included, bothering to do that yet.

redhotsonic likes this.
  7. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

Yeah no thanks bothering with those hyper stars, I'm too lazy to do that :p Also I knew it's been done, also it was in my hack for the contest and I probably did it 5 years late then lol

Edit: Also I wanted to see why some people struggled adding super sonic to s1, I don't see how it's hard, also my super animation isnt fucked like some people end up doing that causes an address error, seriously how did they do that? Lol Also just as a note, the sprites are not s3ks Sonic, they are s2s Sonic.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  8. GenesisDoes

GenesisDoes What Nintendont Member

9. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

I didn't upload any build of my hack projects since SHC 2015, so time to do this, because anything can happen to me in real life and I don't promise anything about my hack projects, especially now, when I totally fucked up my marks in high school.... :(. This is a first demo of next version of my controversial Sonic 1 hack - Return To Homeland with only playable Homeland Zone (new background, level layout in all acts and special stage was edited to being less shitty, I hope... :D, music also changed - I hope ears will not bleed this time... :rolleyes: and very small basic first boss ASM edit - you must hit 16 times, not 8 to beat this, and new palette, title screen and other shit I changed since I posted a video about this version in General Screenshot/Video Thread). I hope this version of Homeland Zone and special stage is better that SHC 2015 shit I did. And special thanks goes to: AverageSonicHacker, CaveQuest and other SSRG members for help (feedback, other stuff), Stealth, Selbi and other members I don't remember now for hacking tools and I'll be grateful for a feedback. ;)

P. S. : If you'll find any issues with this built, tell me - it will be helpful for me. :)

Here's a video about this built I posted long time ago and download link via SSRG:

Attached Files:

10. ArcaniaCQ

It's better? Honestly I have played Homeland Zone and I quite dislike the spike placement. However I see that the music has gotten somewhat an update. But on some zones it sounds like shit. What you would need is MegaPCM or something. Anyway I think the obj44 placement is better but could still do some work. This isn't god awful but it's not good. Anyway Act 2 is Way better then the 2015 SHC build and Act 3's boss however is easy. (I am guilty of that too).

Overall thoughts. It's better but could still use some minor work. I am myself finding the level layout quite hard to speedrun. Aka go fast. And the point of Sonic games is to go fast. Anyway I like some stuff that this had offered.

11. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

How would MegaPCM help?

12. ArcaniaCQ

He try to us cymbals that aren't DAC. And the effect turn horrible without MegaPCM.

13. redhotsonic

redhotsonic Also known as RHS Member

Here you go, Animemaster! Just as promised!

Link

ArcaniaCQ, SoloSonic and Animemaster like this.
  14. Animemaster

Animemaster Lets get to work! Member

Cool, I left you a comment.

15. Clownacy

Okay

LuigiXHero likes this.
  16. ArcaniaCQ

Going from Hyper Sonic. Why not play a Sonic 3 and Knuckles hack who already had him inside. Tho You cannot spindash with any character... Cause I am a dick like that also do not worry I have fixed some stages to where you cannot get through unless spindash is in it. That's about it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0pug8mvbgn120x/Sonic 3 and Knuckles The Sonic 1 Challenge.zip?dl=0

This is the Final Build and all the characters should be able to complete this hack. I have tested Tails and Knuckles and Sonic Alone however is not tested much outside Sonic And Knuckles Stages...

17. Joshwoakes

Joshwoakes Active Sonic Hacker Member

here's a small and simple challenge mini hack were sonic can't turn into a ball making the game a little bit harder as you can no longer attack or break through breakable objects but don't worry I have made a few level edits and tweaks to how the game works to make the challenge possible to beat.

Mini hack name: Sonic 1 no spin challenge
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2f192vf5rkzijfn/Sonic1NoSpinChallengeV1.bin

The story line for this mini hack:
    2 days after the events of sonic 1, sonic and robotnik had gotten into a big argument in green hill zone that ended with robotnik challenging sonic to go back and redo the events of sonic 1 but without using his ability to turn into a ball and robotnik told sonic that he will be watching him at all times and that he will send an invisible shock wave attack to kill him if he tries to use his ability to turn into a ball. Sonic then accepted the challenge and went on in a attempt complete the challenge.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  18. ArcaniaCQ

I was going to do something simular. Aside from Sonic 3 and Knuckles Sonic 1 Challenge and Sonic 2 Sonic 1 Challenge.

19. ArcaniaCQ

20. Clownacy

Story:
    One day, Eggman was grumbling to himself, "How can I beat Sonic? He always foils my plans. What, with his jumping, and other dastardly abilities.". He then stopped, because he can't talk. He's a mute character. Suddenly, it hit him... Grounder had dropped a bucket of concrete on his head. The thick liquid slowly pooled at his feet. "Grounder! You bumbling bag of bolts!", he barked, stomping in a fit of rage. Or, he would have, had the quickly-drying mixture not made his legs feel as heavy as cinder blocks. He paused halfway through his temper tantrum, a plan beginning to unfold in his mind.

In a hurry, he hobbled into his Eggmobile, each step harder than the last, and paid a visit to Sonic's place. Wafting away the stench of chilli dogs, he filled Sonic's shoes with concrete mix.

Sonic 1 - No Jump Challenge, it's fair, I swear

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    MarkeyJester likes this.