General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

2. Royameadow

Royameadow Welcome to the modern existence. Member

Royan Vacation '16 is indeed getting some more progress being brought into it, after a month and change of not actually working on this project.
    City Escape and Radical Highway are more than halfway complete, and while that is going on, that had given me more time to work on Meteor Herd, and I truly am glad that I am doing so now rather than later; Meteor Herd has a lot of glitches and crashing issues when playing it in recent builds of Dolphin, so I truly do hope that it gets remedied soon, simply looking for the textures was brutal enough, can't go without saying that I am having fun editing it though.

Below are four screenshots of Meteor Herd's progress, please note that not all of the current textures may be present in the Sonic Hacking Contest XIV Online build and are subject to change at any point.
    A description of each screenshot is available below them, pretty much to know about select changes to the zone.

GSNE8P-17.png

Knuckles diving down to the platforms below, notice the majority of changes that have already made an appearance.
    You are able to tell that the stars have also been modified to look more like a Grid Squared Spaceport, this background is also shared with Radical Highway and it does make the design look rather odd, especially in the intro, you will be viewing more of that in the June 019 Demo.

It also goes to mention that Knux is wearing his Phantasy Star Online: Episode 02 Armour here, looks far better than having to wear all of that gear.
    Hoping that makes for a better dynamic change as well, it just looks far better on him by comparison.

GSNE8P-18.png

Casual gliding through a partially incomplete edit of the inverted towers and the meteors.
    The Glass texture that is on the meteors has since been edited beyond the upload of this image to prevent odd cutting (noticed that afterward), and the Emerald shaped Box~like areas that hold crates and spike balls now have a texture that is actually from an image of zoomed in Leather; an odd choice, yes, but it works regardless, I'll take it.

GSNE8P-19.png

The Star and Moon Signs on the areas that you are meant to dig into in order to find the Master Emerald Shards have been edited to be actual jewelry, this image showing the Star symbol, the Moon symbol has been edited accordingly, as of this post.
    Also, you might notice that the meteors have hearts flowing out of them, that is new; downing an enemy will trigger the same result, makes for a nice little design change.

GSNE8P-20.png

The only image to have the Glass texture fixed to what I am using now, you can tell that the rocks that Knux has to bash are definitely no longer the same.
    They look tougher this way, almost as if they were Diamonds, definitely makes them look as if they belong in a Cyber version of Hidden Palace Zone, perhaps I subconsciously thought of that while making this?

Raionhardt and LordXernom like this.
  3. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Omg the texture pack looks good. Still the essay won't I bother with.

Royameadow likes this.
  4. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

I played this not to long ago and as basic as it was in some levels, I had fun with this so definitely gonna be looking forward to this when the Contest hits. As for me, Had uploaded this awhile back but never really got around showing it off here but something small I did for my mini hack under the nickname one of my friends call me by as Retrofox.

I know the titlescreen music may be a bit generic but I plan on changing that eventually.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  5. DevEd

DevEd A lol who occasionally doge nothing Member

Pretty cool so far!

There are a few things I would change, however. For one, make the blinking animation faster. Second, increase the delay between blinks.

EDIT: Also, another thing I sould point out: Classic Sonic's eyelids are supposed to be tan.

Pacca and M.N.K. like this.
  6. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

I suggest you increase the blinking speed a little. It feels unnatural to have the lids open and close this slowly. I would also suggest to randomize the intervals a little.

Other than that, nice work so far!

M.N.K. likes this.
  7. M.N.K.

M.N.K. In the River of Darkness... Member

I kinda thought it was supposed to be tan but then I wasn't sure. still thanks for the heads up on that and now that you and selbi mentioned how the animation looked, i'll get around changing it a bit as it does look a bit strange.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  8. Raionhardt

Raionhardt Vanguard Member

Wow, cool work on those textures. Hope to see more of your work on that soon.

-----------
    A screenshot I took of one special stage of my game. Sorry for it not show much, even more with that smokescreen there on the way. -_-. More effects and Shadow playing than the level itself.
    [​IMG]

9. Niko

Niko All's well that ends well, right? Member

Don't suppose anyone really wants to know what I've been up to, but just in case I'm wrong..

Because Sonic 2 was unappreciated, and needed a little more "Best of the Best."
    No, I only claim mixing the platforms from one mod with the stage of another, and fixing the collision data.
    [​IMG]

..I think Silver is right. I should make my own CPZ Adventure Mode textures before showing off this particular port more.
    But, this is showing that I've ported the Adventure Mode map into the normal 4-Player mode.
    [​IMG]

And, the best for last, Oizen's GCZ from Sonic Hachelle-Bee's Long Version, not just back from "the dead," but I added in some rain:
    [​IMG]

That said, if anyone wants to see more of this kind of thing, I'd like to know.
    Also, feedback is much appreciated! I'm not sure I want to post more if there's no response.

10. FохConED

It's time for Back In Time 2!
    This is early prototype of Fantastic Island(without BG at this time)
    Thanks to MR.Cat for graphics
    Music, Code, Concept by EgorTF

NiphFM, EMK-20218, its boomer and 6 others like this.
  11. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

It is extremely annoying when you don't fix the ring sfx and it only plays on one side. But I do like that music and level art. Needs a lot of work, but that probably was obvious.

12. Clownacy

Clownacy Retired Staff lolololo Member

Some of the timpani DAC samples didn't seem to play in the end-of-act music either, which could have been the cause of that noise at 00:34. How do so many hacks do that, anyway? I swear I've seen hacks with those same samples missing before.

13. FохConED

Nop, In game it's normaly playing, it's a video writing bug.

Okay, I'm already fix this ring sfx.

Staff edit: Unnecessary double-post

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  14. elaymm4

elaymm4 Bubble Car Member

Level transitions. Big thanks for the feature SHooTeR and Vladikcomper!

jubbalub, EMK-20218, NiphFM and 4 others like this.
  15. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

Oh Sonic 3 and Knuckles way of transition. Quite nice tbh. Anyway what I think so far is that the 2 levels you showed of was quite nice looking. (as what I was able to see.) I give kudos for that.

16. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Random Azure Lake Zone palette edit...

17. elaymm4

elaymm4 Bubble Car Member

Update Chocolate Planet + bug

18. Devon

Devon Down you're going... down you're going... Member

I went ahead and did Conway's Game of Life on the MegaDrive. This is how it looks so far.

DanielHall, Painto, ProjectFM and 4 others like this.
  19. FireRat

FireRat Do Not Interact With This User, Anywhere!!! Exiled

[​IMG][​IMG]

At least... I done the attempt. This will turn into AniArt soon
    EDIT: Just realized that some layers appear behind the leaves in an incorrect way. Fixed already on my end.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    elaymm4, Razor, AsuharaMoon and 12 others like this.
  20. Painto

Painto Arthurus Paintus Erinaceus Member

I've decided to remake my old boss fight, the MegaBasaran. C&C as always welcome.

jubbalub, FireRat, M.N.K. and 8 others like this.