General Screenshot/Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by redhotsonic, Jul 2, 2015.

1. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member Exiled

Yes I agree with StoneBanana here. Also how is having two hacks with the same level a problem? It's awesome!

2. LordXernom

LordXernom Well-Known Member Member

Awesome as an AwesomeGuy. :D In all seriousness Solar - you're always doing good job with art! Sonic Mildness hack is a good example how good you are (is still WIP or cancelled?)

3. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero Well-Known Member Member

This looks amazing, I have done SMPS ports of both Crisis City The flame and Crisis City Classic if you need it. I'll post them in the music thread in a second. However my The Flame port is a tad bit old. Since my orchestra hits are guitars. If you have MegaPCM I could make a version that uses real orchestra hits.

Edit: http://sonicresearch.org/community/index.php?threads/ssrg-music-thread.842/page-57#post-66146

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    LordXernom likes this.
  4. Solar

Solar What? Member

Thanks guys! ^^

Mildness is dead :(

Hack without MegaPCM is like a mouse without the cheese ;)
    I'm not against)

LordXernom likes this.
  5. LordXernom

That's sad - I really liked that hack. But the last version is still good. Can't wait for your next hacking work Solar. ;)

6. ProjectFM

ProjectFM Optimistic and self-dependent Member

I know that. I was just saying I'm afraid people will compare my Crisis City to Solar's Crisis City and think mine's inferior. It's not that big of a problem, though. I probably should have reworded that so people wouldn't think it's a bigger deal to me than it actually is. Maybe Solar's Crisis City will inspire my to work more on my Crisis City.

7. DevEd

DevEd A lol who occasionally doge nothing Member

This isn't related to hacking, but it is Sonic related so here you go I guess:
    [​IMG]

I've been working on a Sonic-themed resource pack for Minecraft. So far, I have textures for Green Hill Zone, Aquatic Ruin, Marble Zone, and Desert Palace. I'm designing this resource pack mainly with adventure maps in mind, so there may be some out-of-place textures in Survival Mode. (BTW those flowers are actually animated)

Also, here's some of the custom splashes I added, in case you're curious:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pixelcat, Pacca, Royameadow and 3 others like this.
  8. SonicFreak94

SonicFreak94 Newcomer Member

I don't normally like other-game-themed textures for minecraft, but I gotta admit that's pretty good looking.

9. LordXernom

Work In Progress.

[​IMG]image

Niko, NiphFM, TheInvisibleSun and 2 others like this.
  10. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak Still hacking the 8-bit titles Member

I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone edit any of the 2-Player levels from Sonic 3K. Usually I only see hacks of level edits from the main game, so this is interesting to see. I like it, but has Sonic's nose always been blue on his two player sprites? :V

LordXernom likes this.
  11. TheBlad768

TheBlad768 Well-Known Member Member

My concept screen credits.

12. ArcaniaCQ

ArcaniaCQ Well-Known Member Member

That looks awesome as always Theblad768. I would suggest that the scrolling of the letters would be slightly faster. But that's me.

13. Selbi

Selbi The Euphonic Mess Member

Yeah, I agree with CaveQuest. This looks really nice, but you could probably at least double the speed of this entire credits sequence.

14. TheBlad768

Thanks for the feedback. I will fix the speed the letters.

FохConED likes this.
  15. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS so uh yes Exiled

the background looks extremely dull and the scrolling is not interesting.

16. LordXernom

Why in your opinion Natsumi TheBlad768's background is "extremely dull" and scrolling "not so interesting"? Please explain - I can't find anything dull and not interesting about this. Am I wrong?

EMK-20218 likes this.
  17. TheBlad768

I really wonder why? Currently your answer does not carry any useful information.

EMK-20218, Pacca, Crimson Neo and 4 others like this.
  18. FохConED

FохConED Join to Digital Resistance! Member

I very much Like your "criticism". I just am surprised from such people, you one of them. You write almost always the useless criticism which gives nothing to the author because she without detailed explanation of what isn't pleasant in content. The criticism without explanations it as they say at us "Fart in a pool".

19. JoenickROS

JoenickROS ROS (bug fixing in progress) Member

I think they mean that it's too slow and I agree, just speed up those letters and it will look better, and maybe speed up the background a little bit too. Maybe add some planets or something in your space background too to give it a little more life if you know what I mean.

20. TheFieldWarrior

TheFieldWarrior Warrior of the Fields Member

Since this credits screen is only a concept I will give some ideas of what can be done for the future:

Background: I quite like the background but there isn't any animations in it which makes it seem rather dull as Natsumi pointed out, maybe you could consider making the clouds scroll and add some palette cycling to the stars to add a twinkling effect. That way the background will look a lot more interesting.

Text Scrolling: The art for the text is nice as it looks quite unique and works well with the background, I like the way the text comes in but I think the scrolling needs to be sped up a bit as it can make the credits screen feel like it's taking a long time to finish.

If you incorporate these ideas into the credits screen then it will look a lot better, otherwise I like what I am seeing so far, I can't wait to play your new S3&K hack.

Pacca, TheBlad768 and Crimson Neo like this.